• Published 6th Apr 2014
  • 7,774 Views, 504 Comments

Magic of Love: A Twidance Prompt Collab - ArguingPizza



The official source for everyone's favorite Princess of Love and Element of Magic shipping

  • ...
35
 504
 7,774

PreviousChapters Next
Spike by Knight of Lycaeus

In a quiet corner of a restaurant stood two figures, a dragon and a pony.

"Are you sure this will work?" asked the dragon.

"No, but this might be the best option at the moment."

"Wouldn't this have been better in person?" asked the dragon a second time

"No", he hesitated, "This is the better option, in pony would have been.... difficult.

"Are you sure about this?" the dragon asked a third time.

"Y-yes.” He took in a deep breath, “Yes, I'm sure that this is for the better regardless of my feelings. I guess you understand that too."

"Yeah" as the dragon blew flames over the two scrolls in his claws, "I do."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elsewhere in the restaurant sat a pair of mares, an alicorn and a unicorn. They were chatting while they waited for the other half of their group to rejoin them. Suddenly a pair of scrolls dropped in front of them, the ribbon on the one in front of the alicorn was white and her companion's was purple.

"Dragonfire scrolls?" a surprised Twilight noted as she lifted the one wrapped with a purple ribbon; the seal on the ribbon matched the seal that Spike used from time to time. She broke the seal and silently began to read;

Twilight, if living with you has taught me anything it’s how well I can read you and for months now you've been so distracted. It takes me now almost half an hour just to get your attention sometimes and this always happens when you get a letter from Cadance. Every. Single. Time. I figured out why, after the third or so time; you’re acting like how I used to act around Rarity, hoping to see her and hear from her. I was going to let you figure this out but when Shining wrote to me, I knew I needed to do something. Here's the thing, we both realized that you had a crush on Cadance and she has a crush on you. Yes, this is fact and we actually arranged tonight to let you two meet and talk. Tonight Shining is ending things with her, so you two please talk. Maybe things would work out better, maybe there's a better chance for you two than me being with Rarity.
Spike Sparkle

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fire sent scrolls were not rare, at least upon the upper class, many nobles had fireplaces tuned to send and receive mail, although “Dragonfire” as she heard Twilight say meant only one dragon. Cadance looked at the scroll in front of her, the ribbon was white with streaks of blue and the seal was one she had seen Shining use. She opened her scroll and began to read;

Cadance, I found this difficult to write but today is the end of our relationship. I never wanted to end it this way but when I tried telling you in pony, I just couldn't As I write I remember all our time together from the day we met, to when I fell in love with you, and now the day when I realized your heart belonged to somepony else. When you said yes a couple of months ago to dating me, I felt amazing but soon I learned that even when you said “I love you” your heart wasn't in it. You may be able to sense the bonds between ponies but I think this time it has eluded you; your heart was not with me but with Twily and as I've also learned Twily feels the same for you. So for that I’m ending things, I love you and have loved you for a long time but I see now you don’t feel the same. Spike and I planned tonight, for us to end and for you to have the chance to be with Twily and as you friend I’m asking you to take it.
Your friend, Shining Armour
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twilight was surprised by Spike’s letter, turning over to see Cadance she could see her silently crying, “Cadance? Did he really?”

Cadance nodded, “He did. I never thought our relationship would end over a letter.”

“I didn’t think he would do that either and I’m sorry to hear it end; I knew he cared for you but still…. this wasn't really the best way to end things.” Twilight responded.

Cadance was still crying as she asked, “It’s far from ideal but is what he said true?”

“True? You mean m-my crush on you?”

Cadance nodded.

Twilight sighed, “Maybe, I’m not really sure how I feel about all of this. Friendship is still new for me and I just don’t know. W-what about you?”
“I don’t know either I thought I loved Shining but he thinks otherwise. I’m torn about this though, I care for both of you but I never thought things would end up like this.”

“So what should we do now?”

“Now, I’m still unsure but maybe we could take their advice and gives things a chance.” suggested Cadance.

Twilight could still that Cadance was still uncertain about it, “Are you fine with that though? Maybe you need some time?”

Cadance thought about it for a while, “I guess I do with more time but could you at least be here with me for tonight? It would be good to have somepony close by but I think tomorrow we should find them and figure this all out.”

PreviousChapters Next