• Published 6th Apr 2014
  • 7,758 Views, 504 Comments

Magic of Love: A Twidance Prompt Collab - ArguingPizza



The official source for everyone's favorite Princess of Love and Element of Magic shipping

  • ...
35
 504
 7,758

PreviousChapters Next
Fish by ArguingPizza

Twilight was a mare of many words. Her former side-passion as a librarian had brought with it an expansive vocabulary that would put a dictionary to shame. Her studies, both arcane and scientific, crafted her brain into a fine-tuned classification and designation machine. Last, but certainly not least, a friendship with Pinkie Pie brought with it a fountain of probably-not-actually words such as ‘nervouscited’ and ‘fantasterrific.’

Yet, as she watched Cadence laying morosely on the end of an empty pier at the farthest reaches of Horseshoe Bay, she had no idea what to say. Instead, she sat frozen next to her (former?) sister-in-law, the black dress she wore swaying in the light breeze blowing off the sea. Cadence’s own dress, or rather the shredded scraps that remained, floated on the surface of the dark blue Marediterranean.

The silence was chokingly thick, interrupted only by the sound of a pink hoof swirling about listlessly in the water. A small school of fish swam circles around the intruder, occasionally darting in to nibble in search of a meal.

Normally, the action would never fail to make Cadence giggle, but she didn’t flinch. Her face remained locked, her eyes glazed over and puffy from crying. Her fur was matted and dirty and her mane hung limp and lifeless.

Twilight took a moment to curse herself for being unable to console her friend. But what was there to say? The Princess of Harmony felt as if her stomach had been pulled out, mulched, and placed back inside ever since she had received news of her brother’s…she couldn’t bring herself to even think the word. For Cadence, it must have been a thousand times worse.

Lacking words, Twilight settled for laying down beside Cadence and draping a wing ever her. Cadence barely stirred, but did edge the smallest bit closer to Twilight. It wasn't much, but it was progress.

PreviousChapters Next