• Published 6th Apr 2014
  • 7,771 Views, 504 Comments

Magic of Love: A Twidance Prompt Collab - ArguingPizza



The official source for everyone's favorite Princess of Love and Element of Magic shipping

  • ...
35
 504
 7,771

PreviousChapters Next
Brother by Knight of Lycaeus

“Cadence? Cadence?”, Shining nudged the mare next to him.

“W-what?” a slightly confused Cadence tried to focus herself back from her daydream.

“I’ve tried calling your name a few names, first time you’ve answered. So, welcome back to Equestria.”

“Oh, s-sorry just been distracted lately.”

“So I’ve noticed. Want to talk?”

“You? Talk?”

“Why wouldn’t I?”

Cadence responded with a stare.

“Okay fine, not really but you sort of need the help. So the problem?”

Cadence looked away and hesitated unsure of how to answer, “I really don’t know where to begin.”

“Oh I don’t know, try at the beginning?”

“Now I know why Twilight and by extension Spike are so snarky, they picked it up from you.”

“Likely but you’re avoiding the topic.” trying to prompt her to say it.

“Fine, I am; truth is I am uncertain about someone or rather two someones I care about.”

“So, who then and why?”

Cadence sighed, “You and Twilight.”

“Oh?”, hoping she would give some more details, “Why is that?”

“You would find this silly.”

“Okay now you really have to tell me.”

“It’s strange I can feel the ties binding ponies yet I can’t figure out my own heart. I’m c-confused, I don’t know who I love; for both of you I feel something that’s more than friendship…. maybe…. I don’t know romantic love.”

“Well that was the understatement of the year. The Princess of Love confused over her own feelings but seriously, I care for you a lot Cadence and so does Twilight so yeah I could see the confusion.”

“So what am I supposed to do?” asked a increasingly desperate Cadence.

Shining braced himself, what he was about to do was difficult. He was protective of his little sister and he would do what he could to protect her but he also knew that the mare next to him felt the same. She would protect Twilight and not intentionally harm her; so he took a deep breath before speaking, “Ask her out?”

“What?” Cadence yelled out as she turned to look directly at him, she was surprised that Shining of all ponies, protective Shining Armour would allow his sister to date without some threat dangling over the prospective pony.”

“Again, what I said was ask her out.”

“R-really. B-but what about you?”

“Truthfully Cadence, I love what we have. We have been friends since foalhood and I love that, I love being here with you and I want that to last. For a while I thought I loved you as a lover but no, I don’t love you in that way; although I have and always will love you Cadence as your friend and as your family. I like things the way they are.”

“But you would let me date Twilight? Without any threats?”

“You know me Cadence and I know you, I said that already. You’re not some nameless unknown colt or mare asking my sister out but you’re my best friend and hers.”

Cadence hugged Shining close, “Thank you, she really has a great big brother watching out for her.”

PreviousChapters Next