• Published 8th Mar 2014
  • 1,354 Views, 53 Comments

Pony vs. Food - TheOneAJ



Adam Rich visits Ponyville, where he'll face off against crazed fan girls, a zap apple obsessed pegasus, and a 7 pound cupcake that only one other pony has ever finished. Will he succeed, or will he go down in a sugary high?

  • ...
4
 53
 1,354

Credits and epilogue

“Adam, Adam!” A crowd of reporters flash their cameras.

“Yes um, yes, you there."

"Adam," a reporter asks, holding up a notepad, "how do you feel?"

"Like I never want to eat sugar ever again."

"Well that's silly!" Pinkie throws a two-pound cupcake into her mouth. Adam holds a hoof over his muzzle.

"Adam!" Featherweight raises a hoof. "Was it delicious?"

"It was the best seven-pound cupcake I've ever had."

"Would you do it again, Adam?"

"No!"

*****************
The credits begin to roll.

"Do you have any questions, comments, or any ideas of where I should go next? Then mail me here." He points to a PO. Box address that flashes at the bottom of the screen. "I'll see you there. Thanks for watching."

The film finishes up with the Pony vs. Food logo, and the copyrights tags of Travel Cinema.

The next film begins to play; My Little Human, Princess Promenade Saves The Rainbows.


***************************

Epilogue

The lights to Lyra's and Bon-Bon's place click on.

"I don't know what's worse." Bon-Bon rubs her head. "How you and Noteworthy ran out of the theater when they began to play that human movie, or the fact that you did so. I thought you two were obsessed with that, human stuff."

"Hey," Lyra says, "first of all, we only like the present My Little Human franchise. That previous generation is for little foals."

"Lyra, it's all for..." she shakes her head. "Whatever, it's not worth it."

Lyra shrugs. "Suit yourself. I still can't believe Noteworthy's a homie." She sighs heavily and leans into the wall.

"You both know that's never going to catch on?"

"Uh-huh, sure." There's a knock at the door. "I'll get it." Lyra walks off. Bon-Bon heads to the kitchen to make some tea.

"Thank you, Derpy," Lyra's voice echoes across the house. "Yes, I'll see you at the My Little Human movie premiere. Goodnight." Bon-Bon rolls her eyes.

"What you got there?" Bon-Bon asks as Lyra levitates a box into the living room.

"Just some My Little Human merchandise." She opens the boxes, which containa several dolls and comic books.

"Of course it is."

"Oh, but I have something for you too." Lyra levitates a cubby human doll with black hair over to Bon-Bon.

"What is this?" Bon-Bon tentatively pokes the doll.

"A humanized version of Adam Rice. I got it on sale from a friend." Lyra grins toothily. "You like?" The doll soars over her head and lands in the trashcan.

"For the last time, I was suffering from a lack of proper vitamins and minerals." Bon-Bon turns her head away. "If that pony ever steps foot in this town again, I could care less."

"Whatever you say" Lyra nods and lets out a yaw. She picks up her package and heads up stairs. "Goodnight, Bon-Bon."

"Sure." Bon-Bon sips her tea. She makes herself comfortable, but once the door to Lyra's room snaps shut, she races over to the trashcan.

She takes out the Adam doll, nuzzles it furiously, and sulks over to a secret passageway. Inside is a shrine to Adam Rice. It has posters, pictures, film reels and Pony vs. Food burrito wrappers.

She sets the Adam doll down next to a lock of his mane and a restraining order signed by Adam and his lawyers.

"Two more years, Adam." She heavenly rubs the doll's nose. "And we'll be together, forever."

"Is that so?" Bon-Bon jumps at the sound of Lyra atop the stairs.

Bon-Bon is lost for words as she stares helplessly from Lyra to her collection.

"No more making fun of my obsession?"

Bon-Bon sighs. "No more."

Author's Note:

Have a problem with Bob-Bon and Lyra being straight, or just don't like Lyra x Noteworthy in general, check out my other story, I promised here; http://www.fimfiction.net/story/176135/you-promised-a-heartstring-story. Or feel free to check out any of my other stories on my home page.

Thank you all for reading, commenting, and liking this story, and for those of you who are following me, I'll see you around for, The Silver Spoon's sequel in June.

Comments ( 16 )

4228658 I may not do more, but feel free to check out my other stories.

awww i have to wait till june for more of lyras and bon bons antics?

4229399 eh, no, but there's a big story involving Silver Spoon, and I have a sad Bon-Bon fall in love in a sad story right now.

Hey! So I finished reading this and I really enjoyed it. I feel that you captured Adam's personality and that of the show very well. The running gags were great, and I was pleased by the ending. :twilightsmile:

That being said, there's a lot of grammar mistakes here. if you want, I can point these out to you. With your permission, I'd like to promote this story as well. I think this is the only Man vs. Food crossover, so it deserves some more love!

4291396 You would really do that? Also, do you know where I can find a good artist to do a proper picture for this story?

4291469

Indeed I would and will! :twilightsmile: As for an artist, the one I go to for my commissions is Lulubell, but if you want something for free or especially cheap, try the draw request threads on /mlp/.

4296837 you got a link for the free as well? Trouble is I can't draw.

4296837 oh, and how long a wait should I be in for. I mean, I'd wait mouths for you, but I have a slight (slight!) abound meant issues, as well as several projects on my own plate, so some idea of a timeline would hurt :)

4296847

I don't really go on /mlp/ much, but I know someone who gets free art there all the time. boards.4chan.org/mlp/, but proceed with caution. It's 4chan. :rainbowlaugh:

4296866

For when you'll see the blogpost? Eh, a few weeks? You don't need to do anything for it though. When I do story promotions, I just include the coverart, description, and link to the story, then talk about why I liked it and why it should be read. :scootangel:

Alright, going to be reviewed. This definitely deserves it!:pinkiehappy:

Homie? Now that's gangsta!

This is excellent. You captured the essence of Man Vs Food perfectly.
Definitely a like and a favorite.

4931239 Think you could make a bonus chapter where the main six are doing something similar to this. With spicy hot food. And they are trying to outdo each other?

I actually like the idea of Bon Bon and Lyra being straight with different borderline obsessive hobbies. It adds to the weird craziness that is their friendship.

Login or register to comment