• Published 8th Mar 2014
  • 1,354 Views, 53 Comments

Pony vs. Food - TheOneAJ



Adam Rich visits Ponyville, where he'll face off against crazed fan girls, a zap apple obsessed pegasus, and a 7 pound cupcake that only one other pony has ever finished. Will he succeed, or will he go down in a sugary high?

  • ...
4
 53
 1,354

Sugarcube Corner

The scene starts off with a still shot of the seven-pound Pinkie Promise Cupcake.

I’m in Ponyville, where I’m about to take on a sugary foe of monstrous proportions. An Ursa Major growls in the background.

************************

Adam stands in the middle of Ponyville park wearing a cupcake costume.

To get ready for this challenge, I must find my inner cupcake.

“I am the cupcake,” he chants, “I am one big cupcake. May the cupcakes be with me. Cupcakes are power!”

Bob-Bon sneaks up behind him. “You want to taste some of my cupcakes?”

*************

“I’m here at Sugarcube Corner, the go-to place for anything sweet in Ponyville.”

Opened eighty years ago by the current owners' grandparents, Cheese and Chocolate Cake, the owner took a simple sweet shop and made it into a restaurant that caters half of the events in town. Got a birthday party, anniversary, cute-ceañeras, or just looking for a good time? Then Sugarcube Corner is the place to go.

Adam walks up to the front doors. “Now, I’m here to take on the Pinkie Promise challenge.” He walks inside. “A cupcake…”

“Surprise!” a whole mob of ponies pop out from the shop as confetti rains down.

“Hi again!” Pinkie rushes up to hug the shell-shocked Adam. "Remember me? I saw you were new in town, so I had to run off the throw you a 'Welcome to Ponyville' party like I do with everypony. Then the Cakes told me you were a special pony who isn’t only going to take on my challenge, but is going to make a movie about it. That made me go 'Wowee' so I thought, you deserve a very special party a 'Welcome to Ponyville Adam Rice, you’re about to take on the Pinkie Promise Challenge party!'" She points to a banner that manages to fit it all.

Adam grins at the camera. “Just when you think this town can’t get any better, they throw you a party.”

The show takes a few moments to montage the party. Scenes with Derpy spilling punch, Rarity showing off her latest dress, the CMC getting down, Snips and Snails attempt to get the camera's attention, Adam holding Pound and Pumpkin, Bon-Bon wrapping herself around a blue Adam, and a scene with the whole shop singing a bar song (beer being replaced with sugar).


**********************

Adam takes a seat next to Rumble. "So, what do like most about Sugarcube Corner?"

"It's got the best sweets, and it's got the Pinkie Promise cupcake."

"Do you think you could finish it in one sitting?"

"Eh, that depends. Can I sit for twenty years?"

*********************

"Yeah..." Button Mash sighs as Sweetie Bell muzzles him. "Even if me and my sweet little bell here worked together, we could never get that thing done." He turns to Sweetie Bell. "Is everything okay?"

Sweetie Bell breaks down as she tightly wraps her hooves around Button. "You were gone for so long!"

"I was only grounded for a month."

**************

"So..." Colgate tilts her head to the camera. "I'm being recorded?"

"Yes." Adam nods.

"And, this is going to show up on movie theater screens everywhere?"

"Yeah." Adam begins to tap his hooves. "So, what do you think of the Pinkie Promise Challenge?"

"Oh, I'll tell you what I think of it, Adam," she snatches the microphone out of Adam's hooves. "I think everypony who eats this much sugar is a disgrace! I mean, dear Celestia, we only have one pair of teeth, so why would anypony waste them on a ridiculous seven-pound cupcake?"

Everypony begins to stare.

"That thing has to have at least four pounds of sugar! If you ask me, everypony who tries these ridiculous challenges should go..."

**************
"It's a wonderful cupcake," Scootaloo says, "but I don't think I could finish it."

***************

Cheerilee and Big Mac shake their heads.

"There's no way I can do it." Cheerilee say. "How about you, honey?"

"Eenope, wouldn't even try."

***************

"If you survive," Nurse Redheart says, handing him a card, "look me up for some good diabetic remedies."

"Yeesh." Adam begins to sweat. "So far, my odds are not looking good."

*****************

As fun as it has been to mingle with the locals, I need to get ready for my showdown.

The scene cuts to Adam in the kitchen with the Cakes and Pinkie Pie. “I’m with the store owners, Cup and Carrot Cake, along with their apprentice I, presume?” He nods towards Pinkie Pie.

“Yes sir!” Pinkie Pie chirps. "I hope you're ready Adam, because nopony has been able to finish this cupcake in one sitting other than me."

The camera focuses on Cup Cake. “You see, Adam, when my husband took over the restaurant from his father, one of his first ideas to bring in more customers was to make some sort of contest. However, for the longest time, neither of us could come up with a good idea. We tried door prizes, guess how many gumballs are in the jar, and even a weekly cake walk. Then along came Pinkie Pie.” Pinkie gives a toothy grin at the sound of her name. “After only a few days on the job, she had somehow managed to bake a seven-pound cupcake for a birthday party we were hosting. Then, to our surprise, she had baked a second cupcake that she had finished all on her own.”

“Yeah, and it was delicious!” Pinkie Pie grins. “I mean, at first, I thought I would be fired and sent back to my rock farm for eating so much of their sugar. I even Pinkie Promised never to do it again, I was so worried. Then, they asked me how I was able to eat that much food in one hour, and I looked at them like they were joking. After that, they asked me if could make more of those giant cupcakes to see if other ponies could finish it in one sitting. Turns out nopony other than me can. Nopony until today.”

She embraces Adam. “Oh, this is going to be to so exciting, you’re going to be the second pony to complete this challenge! Awesome!”

Adam begins to turn blue again. “I might not if you break my rib cage. I think the last mare to hug me this tight already weakened it.”

Pinkie lets go with a sheepish grin. “Oops! Sorry!”

*************

We make our way back to the kitchen, where I’ll get a chance to see how this behemoth is made.

Carrot Cake sets a large mixing bowl with all the ingredients on the table. “Alright, Adam, to make your Pinkie Promise cupcake, we’ll need four pounds of flour.”

Adam begins to sweat. “Oh, goody.”

“Seven eggs.”

“Oh my…”

“A gallon of milk.”

“Help me.”

“A whole bottle of vanilla.”

“That’s not so bad.”

He throws a bag of sugar on the table. “And finally,” he says after a deep breath, “two pounds of sugar.”

Adam throws a hoof over his face. “Oh, sweet Celestia, help me!”

“We don’t have Celestia,” Pinkie Pie says, “but we have another Princess to help out.” She opens the back door to welcome in Twilight.

Adam’s eyes widen as a halo surrounds Twilight.

As if I didn’t have enough pressure, now I have a Princess expecting me to complete this cupcake. I can’t fail now.

Twilight places a hoof on Adam’s shoulder. “Adam, you are about to partake in a sugary quest of epic proportions. I’ve seen you handle Joe’s Angry Joenut, so I know that you can do this.”

“Alright then.” Adam brightens up. “If you believe in me, then I can do this!”

“Atta pony.” Twilight goes in for a hug.

Adam winces. “Ow.”

*********************

We wait an hour. Then, the cupcake comes out of the oven smelling like heaven.

Adam take a deep whiff of the cupcake. “Oh, why does something that smells so good have to lead to something that’s going to feel so bad later?”

Pinkie Pie shrugs. “Every rose has its thorn; the same can be said for too many cupcakes. Even I can only eat so much.”

Adam tilts his head while they are frosting and sprinkling the cupcake. “Speaking of, how did you come up with the name for this challenge? Is a Pinkie Promise suppose to mean something?”

Pinkie Pie gasps. “You seriously don’t know what a Pinkie Promise is?”

“No.”

“Well then, we need to change that.” She pulls out a cupcake from her tail. “Now, a Pinkie Promise is like, the absolute, most important, most unbreakable promise you can ever make. To break a Pinkie Promise is to break a friendship. *To do so," she says, biting her tiny cupcake, "you go, 'Cross my heart and hope to fly'..." She throws the rest of the cupcake in her face. "Stick a cupcake in my eye."

“Okay,” Adam says with a nods, “do I have to make a Pinkie Promise before I take on this challenge?”

Pinkie Pie puts the cherry on top of the cupcake, “Of course not, silly! Most ponies who do that for this challenge end up breaking the promise anyways.”

“You know what?” Adam stands up. “Just for you, I am going to finish this challenge if it kills me." He lifts a hoof to his chest. "Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye.”

Pinkie Pie's mouth drops. “Okay, friend, but you better not break your promise.”

Adam looks nervously at the giant cupcake. “I know, Pinkie, I know.”

**********

With the massive cupcake finished, I head out to the dining area to get ready.

Adam takes his seat at a table as the crowd around him cheers. Both Carrot and Cup Cake carry the monster treat out to Adam.

Once they set it down, Cup Cake explains the rules. “Adam," he says while placing a bucket under the table, to complete the Pinkie Promise Challenge, you must finish the entire cupcake, sprinkles and all, in one sitting. There is no time limit, but you cannot leave your chair. You can order anything else if you want to go with it, but if you get up, or throw up, you lose the challenge. Do you understand all of this?”

Adam nods and pounds his hooves on the table. "Yes I do. I'm ready. I'm ready!"

“Go, Adam, go!” Twilight starts off as everypony chants alongside her.

Adam raises his hooves in the air. “Let’s get it on, everypony!” The crowd goes wild as Adam takes his first bite.

****************************

Coming up, the screen shows clips of Adam a quarter of the way done with the cupcake, sweat drips down his mane,will I be able to finish this enormous treat, or will it finish me?

Adam puts a hoof to his head. “Oh, what have I gotten myself into?”

Author's Note:

Had to rush out this next chapter due to, unforeseen consequence, but hopeful I got most of the spelling errors fixed. Still, feel free to correct me if I made any grammar mistakes in the comments. Also, the next chapter might be a few week due school and other family related issues, but I'll get to it by April. See you around, and stay brony my friends.