• Published 28th Feb 2014
  • 4,322 Views, 284 Comments

Born of Rage - Gustauve



And behold - a god of destruction, sent to punish us for our sins rises from the sea. And in its wake is naught but death and despair. A monster is born unto the folly of arrogance; death comes, and the dead will soon pity the living. (Complete)

Comments ( 23 )

Interesting,

5940607
I'm glad you like it. As it stands, I will more than likely be making a sequel, though it won't be anytime soon.
Still, there will be various side stories designed to build upon this story, the first of which is already out.
Stay tuned for updates.

5950386
And thank you for your kind words. I do so very much appreciate that people have enjoyed my work.

5937801

Yes the dragon is a bit of an asshole at times. But perhaps that is one reason I've taken a shine to him. Still since I know the space pirate general inside and out as well as for the most part Samus I'd gladly prof read each chapter and give a pointer here and there if you wish

What I'm wondering is; What happened to Spike? I'd rather him not die, as the same for Fluttershy. I mean, if he died, could you tell us, or, if he became another monster, considering that a dragon would probably survive the attack. Great story though, hope you keep it up.

5952677
Both of the individuals you've inquired of are most unequivocally deceased...
I will, in due time, elaborate upon their demise through a pair of short stories...
I hope that I've managed to answer your questions in a clear and concise manner.

5990307 Thanks, I was just confused at what happened to Spike.

5990956
Understandable; I had at first intended to leave their fates up to imagination. However, you are not the first person to inquire about them, so I figured I'd go with the back up plan and add a few more side stories to the list. Thank you for your feedback.

6217717
It's a reinterpretation of the original Godzilla.
He's from this story's world and timeline.
I would have said otherwise.

When I first came upon this story, I was admittedly put off by the seemingly ignominious way the characters of MLP were treated; being killed off easily with even the Elements of Harmony being rendered useless against a creature I only knew from that movie in 1998, and maybe some snippets from the 90s. And to top it off, they were additionaly portrayed as second fiddle to a race of cats whom looked like a Deutsches Reich stand in. So I was pissed at the time.

Then, on a cursory TV surf, I came upon the 1954 original, Gojira. That movie wasn't just a good monster movie. Its an emotional allegory of nuclear holocaust, a subtle and somber film that none of the other films really replicated. However, it did get me interested in the franchise, and although they don't capture that same tone, their action sequences were awesome (most of the time) and they had their own charm. I started to really get in to the franchise, getting the IDW series and even watching a bit of Zone Fighter. My opinion of the King of the Monsters increased exponentially, as did my opinion of this story.

I still have some issues with the Reichsbund , and how their portrayed as so much more enlightened in the sciences and warfare than Equestria. But I'll just think that it was Gojira's rampage that made them unilateral super-power, and they would've fared just as poorly as Equestria.

However, Godzilla himself? He's portrayed perfectly here. The ponies aren't just victims with no identity, their characters whose suffering can empathized with (much like the characters in Gojira)

So yeah, tenattaten.

6315449
Danke.
I appreciate your criticism.
I'm also glad to hear that you actually took the time to look into the original subject material.
As for the cats, well; they represent a nation that doesn't have the novelty of magic, has grown in a region surrounded by enemies, and have become industrialized. Still, you are correct; the only reason they won their 'cold' war with the ponies was because of Godzilla.
If all goes accordingly, the sequel will involve a similar scenario happening to their empire.

(Update 1.23.978)
Dear Reader,

In case it wasn't obvious enough, Born of Rage has had a major update, including a whole host of grammar corrections, new sentences to add clarity, and to crown it all off, a new side story, "Born of Rage: Night Terror", has been posted and is available for viewing.

To those of you who have only now discovered my story I thank you for taking the time to read this, my most ambitious writing project to date - leave your reviews and comments, and be sure to check back regularly for more updates.

Thank you.

On a final note, you will need to read Born of Rage for any of the current side-stories to make sense to you.

Sincerely,

Gustuave Wilhelm Adolphus Drakenhime III

6489834
Ja, this story will provide plenty of destruction.
I hope that you enjoy it, as it was a labor of love on my part.

6316110

I will eagerly await it then.

6590654
Jawhol, I'll be sure to keep you posted then.

(Update 1.30.18)

Born of Rage has now had a second major update.
These updates include a third round of proofreading, the synchronization of chapters and the inclusion of an original piece of coverart.

Another point of interest; 'Born of Rage: Underworld' is now halfway through development.

To those of you who have only now discovered my story I thank you for taking the time to read this, my most ambitious writing project to date - leave your reviews and comments, and be sure to check back regularly for more updates.

Thank you.


Sincerely,

Gustuave Wilhelm Adolphus Drakenhime III

6823896
My apologies.
But hey, thanks for taking the chance to actually read this.

Almost happy second birthday, le wonderful story.

6974452
Many thanks to you.

7832468
Perhaps...
Godzilla managed to survive a few extinction events in his lifetime, canon-wise.
However, it's not about brinkmanship, it's about the fact that nature is ultimately set against us.
Still, I hope you enjoyed the story.

8011311
I only wish that Shin Gojira had been made before I started this story. It would have been perfect to use.
But no, I won't be using him in any stories. I'm still in the middle of the sequel as it is, and I can't afford the distraction.
Thanks for the comment though!

8672901
Thank you for taking the time to read it, at the very least.

Login or register to comment