• Published 13th Jun 2014
  • 692 Views, 27 Comments

Love doesn't hurt - Cookielover



Derpy's friends fear her love life might have turned abusive

  • ...
7
 27
 692

ER, CPR, what's next?

9:10 PM

Sweat and tears ran down Octavia as she hurried as fast as she can to the Ponyville Hospital. she could feel blood dripping on her flank, from Derpy's bloody nose. Derpy remained not moving, but she moaned every few seconds.

"Hang in there Derpy" Octavia thought "We are almost there" She continued running down the streets, not caring if any-pony saw her. Tears ran down her cheeks, seeing her friend like this was to heartbreaking for her to stand. She ran past the library/ Twilight Sparkle's home. She now knew she was about halfway there. She never ran so fast before In her life, the sweat kept pouring down on her forehead. She felt Derpy moved on her back, probably trying to stand up. Octavia quickly stopped "Derpy, listen, I'm taking you to the hospital now, so you have to remain still until we get there" She could feel her friend now stop, so she started running again.

She saw the hospital in the distance "Almost there, almost there" she kept thinking. She entered the building and was greeted with cold air. Nurse Redheart looked from reading her book from behind the counter. The moment she saw what was in front of her, she quickly rushed to the two mares and helped Octavia lay Derpy on her back.

"What happened to her" the nurse asked.

Octavia wiped her tears away "She was assaulted"

She looked up and saw several doctors and nurses hurrying down the hall towards them. One pushing a stretcher and another carrying a oxygen mask with their magic. Before she knew it, all of them were surrounding her friend and couldn't see her anymore. She did however, hear the medic team say a few things.

"She's badly beaten up"
"She's got a lot of broken bones"
"She needs CPR now!"
"We need to get her to the emergency room now!"

She saw them hoist Derpy on the stretcher. She can now clearly see the mare now. She had the oxygen mask on now. They began to push her down the hallway to the emergency room. She quickly stood up and hurried to Derpy's side, who had one eye barley open "Derpy, Honey, I'm going to alarm the others and we will be right here when your surgery is finished. Ok?"

The grey Pegasus weakly nodded and had a tear roll down her cheek. She was then whisked away with the medic team to the emergency room, leaving Octavia alone in the hallway. She sat down in a chair in the waiting room and placed her face in her hoofs, ready to start crying again. She couldn't believe this happened. Derpy ending the relationship and now she gets assaulted by her ex? No, this wasn't right, Derpy didn't deserve this. She deserved love, honor and respect like any-pony else. She stood up and made her out of the hospital, making her way to her friends' homes.

The first home she saw was the funny blue box labeled T.A.R.D.I.S, aka, Time Turner's home. She knocked on the door and heard movement from inside. Seconds later, she heard the door unlock and Turner opened it "Octavia, what brings you here tonight?" he then noticed tears in his friend's eyes "Octavia, what's wrong? What happened?"

Octavia wiped her tears away again "It's Derpy"



9:33 PM

Lyra and Bon Bon hurried into the hospital and went straight to the waiting room, where they found Time Turner pacing back and forward, Octavia sitting in a chair, shaking and dabbing her eyes with tissues every now and then and Vinyl talking to a police officer.

Bon Bon sat next to Octavia "We came as soon as we heard"

Lyra walked over to Time Turner "What exactly happened?"

Turner stopped pacing "Octavia found her, Strong Steed assaulted her because of her breaking the relationship off" he started pacing again.

"Thank you, Officer" Vinyl said. the officer nodded and left the waiting room. Vinyl sat down on the other side of Octavia "I talked to the officer, I told him everything you told us, Tavi, and about Strong Steed. They're going to start a search for him, when caught, he will be charged with domestic violence"

"Good" Lyra said, taking a seat next to Bon Bon "He needs to be behind bars"

"Timey, you've been pacing for about twenty minutes now, want to sit down?" Vinyl asked

Turner stopped pacing and looked at the blue manned unicorn "I'm sorry, I'm really nervous, I hope Derpy is ok"

"We all do" Octavia said, she then turned her focus on two little foals playing with a bead maze in the center of the room.

The five continued to wait. The waiting room contained mid blue walls decorated with motivational posters and a painting of the amazon jungle, purple, dark blue and light brown checkered carpet rested under Espresso finish wood guest chairs that the five were all seated in now. Time went by, Vinyl began to doze off with her head leaning on a magazine rack, Lyra was using a hoof to twirl her mane in curls, Bon Bon and Octavia were both looking at some overly expired magazines that were advertising perfume and hoof paint, but they were too nervous to really be paying attention . Time Turner began his pacing again, but every now and then, he would go to the water fountain and take big gulps of water.

After about an hour, a paper white stallion with a light brown mane entered the waiting room, he was wearing a white lab coat, had a stethoscope around his neck and had a first aid kit as a cutie mark. He made his way to the group, who all quickly stood up from their seats and surrounded him . He cleared his throat "Good evening ponies, I'm Dr. Health, I'm the main surgeon that did Derpy's surgery, you must be her friends"

"Yes, we are, Doctor" Time Turner said "How is she?"

"Her injuries are pretty bad, her whole body is bruised up, both wings and her front right arm are broken in two different pieces each, three bones from her rib cage are also broken. She will need some therpy to gain the strength back in her body, but I'm positive she'll make a full recovery"

The group all sighed of relief.

"Well, I'm sure we'll all be more then happy to help her recover" Lyra said as the others nodded in agreement.

"I'm sorry to say to you all but you will not be able to see her tonight, she's currently asleep and will be for the rest of the night I'm sure. You all go home and get some rest, you can visit her tomorrow probably" Dr. Health said. After wising them a good night, he turned and disappeared down the hall, to his office.

Bon Bon took a few deep breaths "I don't feel comfortable leaving her here tonight"

"I don't either, but you heard the doctor, she'll have to stay here until she's better" Lyra said "Also, she's safe her, and when she gets out, we need to protect her from Strong Steed, what if he comes back for her?"

"She's right" Time Turner said "We need to make sure he doesn't find out her location, were her friends, we need to protect her, like you said, Lyra"

Everyone else nodded in agreement. They knew they couldn't stay for the night. They left the waiting area and exited the hospital, making their way back to their own homes.

Lyra and Bon Bon were a little behind every-pony else. Lyra whispered in Bon's ear "After what happened tonight, I really don't feel like having 'dessert' anymore" Bon Bon just nodded in agreement.

That night, none of them got that much sleep.



Next Morning

Ponyville hospital

Room #17

Derpy slowly started to wake up from her slumber. She started stretching her arms and wings out...until she found she really couldn't move them. Her left arm was fine, but her right was nice and sung in a cast. Her wings were casted up as well. She tried to sit up, only to find that hard because of the cast. Her stomach ached and soon found more bandages wrapped around it.

"What's going on?" she thought. That was until she realized she wasn't in her bedroom, or even her home! She was in a hospital.

The room contained plain vanilla white walls and rectangle shaped lighting above her. Looking around the room, she saw a sofa that rested on the right wall, under some windows. Speaking of windows, she had a view of a street of Ponyville. A table rested on the left side of her bed.

The door opened and Nurse Redheart entered "Derpy, glad to see your awake"

Derpy just stared at her "What's going on?"

Nurse Redheart knew what she meant, she didn't remember anything from last night. She sighed and told Derpy what happened and how her friends are really worried about her. She then told her about her injuries, the medicine she will be given, the physical therapy.

When done, Derpy had to ask "Will I be able to fly again?"

"Oh course, honey, you'll be able to" the nurse said "Do you want some breakfast?"

Derpy didn't realize how hungry she was until she heard her stomach "Yes ma'am" she answered as she tried to sit up again.

Redheart quickly went to Derpy's side and gently made her lie down again "You shouldn't try to sit up, your body needs rest, how bout if I prop up the bed?"

Derpy just nodded

Redheart propped up the bed and then left to go get the mare some breakfast. Derpy sighed and looked around the room again "I'm a moron, I should've broke it off with Strong Steed the moment he hit me. My friends were right, this was never love, he never loved me."
She came out of her thoughts when Redheart came back with a try of hash browns, French toast and a biscuit.

She took her fork and took a bite out of the hash browns "Nurse Redheart, do my friends know I'm ok?'

"I'm sure that do, honey, you'll be able to see them later. Excuse me, I need to check on another patient" and with that, the nurse left the room.

Derpy continued eating her breakfast in peace. When done, she set her tray aside and looked out the window, hoping she will she her friends making their way to see her. But then she saw her reflection and saw it, the black eye! She didn't expect that to rest on her. She lifted her hoof up to it and gently poked it. By golly it hurt! She winched at the pain and she could feel a few tears coming on "Did he really hit me that hard? Oh my gosh, I can't believe it" She started to cry a little bit and soon fell asleep.



A few hours later

Derpy awoke again. The clock read 1:22 PM and the sunlight beamed through the windows.

It hadn't even been a full 24 hours and her cast was already bugging her! She couldn't move her arm at all and it itched like heck! (Oh Celestia why?) Looking at her wings made her sad too. As the doctor had informed her, that she cant fly for at least three weeks.(bummer) 'On the bright side, at least I wont have to go to work anytime soon' she thought with a smile 'But now I wonder if I can maybe see if Vinyl has some extr-"

"Hey guys! She's awake!" Vinyl said as she rushed in the room, along with every-pony else.

"Derpy, How are you?"
"Oh, Derpy, your arm"
"Derpy, we missed you"
"Oh, Derpy your eye"

Derpy couldn't hear well as her friends all talked at the same time. "Guys! One at a time please" She said. That seemed to make her friends stop.

Octavia spoke first "Sorry, Derpy, we are just glad your going to be ok" and she reached over to hug her. Everyone else soon followed the same thing.

Every hug she got, Derpy felt....better. She knew her friends were right there and she knew if she was with them, she was safe, especially from Strong Steed. Oh pony-feathers! She forgot all about him. He is the one who did......put her.....in the ..hospital. She looked at her friends in the eyes and asked "They haven't caught him, have they"

Her friends knew who she meant. Vinyl just signed "Nah, kid, no sign of him"

That didn't really surprise the wounded mare. The stallion knew how to hide well, every time he hit her, he would run off and hide. When he found out she didn't report it, he would come back and do the cycle all over again. He pretty much made Derpy use make up to cover the bruising. Where would he hide? She had no idea, all she really knew was that he lived in a small house on the edge of Ponyville, which she was informed that the police have searched the property and the inside of the house, nothing that lead to his location. But she knew he would be back.

"How long have guys been waiting?" she asked them.

"For hours" Lyra said "Bon Bon couldn't open the shop today and same with Time Turner. Octavia, Vinyl and I all couldn't concentrate on our practicing, so we all decided to come see you. Believe me, we were so worried about you that we cried. We didn't get that much rest. Anyway, so when we got here today, the nurse said that you were asleep so we thought we would wait."

Derpy smiled "Thanks guys, for waiting like that, you didn't have to"

"Of course we wanted to" Bon Bon said "Your our friend and we know you would do the same for us"

"And Octavia" Derpy said "Nurse Redheart told me about last night. And I want to thank you for helping me"

Octavia walked over and took her hoof "Absolutely"

Derpy smiled at her friends, but then started to cry. She put her face in her good hoof "I'm so sorry, guys. So sorry. I am so stupid"

"No your not" Time Turner said

"Yes I am, I should have dumped him the moment he hit me, but instead, I let him have me as a rag doll pretty much" Derpy cried for a few more seconds before calming down again.

"Derpy" Lyra said "I understand why your upset, but that doesn't mean your stupid, you just wanted to find love and we want that for you, but he was showing it on the back of his hoof, not from the heart"

Derpy knew the mint green mare was right. She did want love, but for right now, she knew she had a road to recovery to start traveling on.

Author's Note:

Hi,
So sorry for not uploading this for a while. I just needed some time off as I had a bad case of writers block. But now I'm back! : )

Comments ( 3 )

What happens next?

4797770 I really don't know how to explain it

I remember I had a plan for a story I was writing where the most random and improbable things happen, but then again, im drifting from any topic relevant to anything at the moment, and im sure I've taken up most of your time to say that the one person that reads to the end of this is either the most patient person I ever met or heard of, or they are that gullible. Have fun :D

Login or register to comment