• Published 13th Jun 2014
  • 692 Views, 27 Comments

Love doesn't hurt - Cookielover



Derpy's friends fear her love life might have turned abusive

  • ...
7
 27
 692

Sweet!

*Ding Dong*

Derpy rang the doorbell of a Ponyville resident's home as she was going through her mail bag. When the pony answered the door, she handed pony's mail to them and went on her way. It was a beautiful afternoon in Ponyville as Derpy was making her usual mail deliveries. The gray Pegasus couldn't help but look around the outdoors, the birds were singing, the air was warm and ponies were out enjoying their day.

Then all of the sudden, a nice smell of something delicious caught her nose. It smelled like chocolate, bananas, cinnamon and something else that she couldn't put her hooves on it. Her wings then started to lead her to the base of it, forgetting all about work. Her trail stopped at the entrance of one of her dear friends, Bon Bon's candy store, Sweet C's.

Sweet C's was Bon Bon's business and pretty much her life as she had built the place up from scratch (And help from her friends of course) It may not be as popular as the sugercube corner, but their friends like to go there more to spend time together.

"I take it you can smell the inside?" A voice asked, startling Derpy from her thoughts, Bon Bon stood there at the entrance of her store.

"Oh hi, Bon Bon, yes, can smell the inside of your store, it always smells so nice"

"Well, I appreciate that, I do have something for you to try after work-"

"Oh my Gosh!! I forgot I was still delivering mail, I'll be right back after work" Derpy said as she hurried off

Bon Bon just chuckled at this and went back into her shop


Derpy entered the candy shop after delivering the last of her mail for the last hour and a half. She sat down in a candy cane striped chair that nested next to a doughnut painted table with licorice looking legs for support.

"Hey, Bon Bon, sorry that I took off like that earlier, You said though you had something for me to taste test. Hello?" she called out as she looked at her reflection from the display cases that showed off Bon Bon's candies.

She soon heard the soft clip-clops of Bon Bon's hoofs walking on the black and white tiled floor. "Hey, Derpy, it's alright, I had to get back work myself and yes I have something for you to taste test" she disappeared behind the counter for a moment and came back with a tray of what a appeared to be red velvet brownies.

She placed the tray on the table "Ive been experimenting with a few things and decided to try this" She pointed to the brownies "These are red velvet cheesecake brownies, I mixed them with cream cheese and red food coloring, I got the idea from those red velvet muffins from your birthday party and cheesecake part from Time Turner's treat on inviting us to the Cheesecake shack


Derpy took a nice bite out of the dessert. The sweet flavor of cheese and sugar and chocolate started to dance on her taste buds. She looked at the earth pony and smiled "It's delicious! You once again made something sweet"


"Well thanks, May I ask how you and Strong Steed are doing?"
Strong Steed was Derpy's boyfriend of 4 months and she had announced it to her dear friends. Her friends were happy and very supportive of her choice. Funny thing was though, they still haven't met the guy.

Derpy jumped from that question and quickly swallowed the dessert before speaking..

"Oh, things are going fine right now, I actually have a date with him tomorrow at my house for dinner"

"Sounds nice and romantic"

"Yea, just plain and original"

"Speaking of dinner, are you coming to Lyra and mine's offer to dinner at our place with the rest of us"

"Oh of course I'm coming, I always enjoy spending time with you all"

"Well we enjoy your company as always"

"Thanks, I should get going" Derpy said as she stood up "I don't want to wear my uniform for dinner"

Her friend chuckled "You do that"

Derpy turned around and headed for the door. Bon Bon then noticed something he didn't expect, a large bruise on the back of Derpy's left hind leg. "Derpy! What happened to your hind leg?" she asked in surprise.

Derpy quickly looked down at the bruise and quickly hide it with her wing "Oh! um.....I..tripped on a few stones while working, Yeah that's what happened" She quickly explained and dashed out of the store.

The earth pony raised a eyebrow at Derpy's weird behavior. And for some reason, She didn't believe her friend's excuse. She kept thinking about it as she turned around and went back to work.

Author's Note:

Hi,
First Fimfic, Let me know how I'm doing and sorry for the chapter being short