• Published 13th Jun 2014
  • 692 Views, 27 Comments

Love doesn't hurt - Cookielover



Derpy's friends fear her love life might have turned abusive

  • ...
7
 27
 692

Tears, lies and confession

At Derpy's home
Derpy lay on the kitchen floor, crying about tonight. As it was supposed to be a romantic date at her place. But of course, what she did was never good enough to make Strong Steed happy. She stood up and walked to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. Her make-up was running down her cheeks from her crying, her mane that she had brushed before the date was frizzled, rice tangled in and little knots too, along with red stains from the wine, along with soy sauce. Her dress was stained with red wine and soy sauce as well and new bruises was now shining on her cheek and forehead, her nose had dried blood from her right nostril.

Just looking at herself was enough to make her cry again Why can't I do anything right? she thought to herself Strong Steed does a lot for me and I can't even give him a good meal

She started some water in the sink and began to wash the make up and blood off, after that she brushed the rice and knots out. Then she took her dress off and put it in the washer. She went back to the kitchen and swept up the bits of the broken plate and threw them away. Just as she was about to make herself some coffee,

Knock Knock

She made her way to the front door "Strong Steed I'm sorr-" she began to say, but then was surprised to see her five friends standing there "Oh....hi guys....what's up?" she asked.

Octavia stepped up "Derpy, honey, can we talk?"



Derpy returned to the living room with a try with cups of coffee for her friends. Lyra and Bon Bon were sitting on the love seat, Vinyl was on a single lounge chair and Time Turner and Octavia were on the couch.

Derpy placed the tray on the coffee table and sat on the sofa between Turner and Octavia "So, what shall we talk about, gang?" she asked in a joking tone as Lyra used her magic to levitate a cup of coffee to herself.

"Well, Derpy, how was your date tonight?" Vinyl asked in a small suspicious tone.

She noticed Derpy flinch at that question "Oh...it went well, yea, it great, we had a lovely dinner and joked a lot"

"Why don't I believe that?" the white unicorn returned

"Excuse me?" Derpy answered in a confused tone.

Time Turner took his friend's hoof and spook "Derpy, we know about the abuse"

The winged mare pulled her hoof free after hearing this "I don't know what your talking about"

Vinyl got up from her seat and sat on the arm of the sofa "Kid, we know Strog Steed is hurting you"

Derpy started at her friend for a moment "What makes you say that?"

"We spyed on you tonight" Lyra said before Bon Bon could stop her

"YOU WHAT?!?!" Derpy asked in rage "YOU SPYED ON ME?!?!?! YOU SLIMY PIECE OF-"

"Derpy, Derpy" Bon Bon said, now standing up and standing next to Vinyl "We understand your angry, and you have a right to be, but hear us out on our motive"

Derpy gave a mean frown at her "Oh, this outta be good" she said sarcastically

Bon Bon explained how they spied and why they did. She told her about the weird behavior and bruises appearing on her body. Once she was done, Derpy had her head down and a hoof covering her face.

"D-Derpy? Are you that upset about us spying on you?Cause if you are, we can ju-" Time Turner began to say, but was cut off after Derpy raised her head back up, her face had tears rolling down her cheeks.

She knew she had to confess "Yes it's true! It's all true! He's been hurting me verbally and physically!"

Her friends were stunned by the confession their friend gave them. But they also had to see that coming.

"For how long?" Octavia asked

Derpy looked at the grey mare "For about maybe 2 months?"

"TWO MONTHS?!" Octavia asked in shock "What has he be doing to you?"

Derpy began to cry again "He kicked me, slapped me, punched me, dragged me by my mane, forced me to eat food off the floor. He calls me stupid, ugly, worthless, fat. He chocked me, pinned me to the wall, try to force himself on me, he-"

"Whoa whoa, whoa, whoa" Lyra said in surprise, now also standing up "He tried to force himself on you?!? Derpy, that's rape! He's tried to rape you! How many times did he try to do it?"

"Once" Derpy answered

Lyra just started at her

The Pegasus just winched "OK OK, three times"

"Three times?!? Are you kidding me? Derpy, he needs to be reported to the police about this" Time Turner said now "What he's doing is criminal! Why didn't you say anything?"

"Because I love him" Derpy answered

"Sweetheart, the way he's treating you is not love, it's hate" Bon Bon said

"I agree" Octavia said, gently taking her friend's hoof "Honey, he's not treating you right. We saw him drag you by the mane and forced you to eat food off the floor like a dog. That's not love"

"Well, what is for me?! How many stallions chase after me? None! Octavia, you have stallions always asking you out! Maybe I wish I had that! No stallion wants a disabled marefriend! Do any of you remember the last time I had a date? Anyone? (Her friends remained quite) No one? I thought so!" Derpy said in full rage.

Her friends knew she had a point. All the stallions in Ponyville don't seem interested in dating a disabled Pegasus. About all of the folks of Ponyville do is belittle, underestimate and bully her.

Derpy couldn't keep the mad face anymore and she couldn't hold back more tears "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! I'm sorry I lied to you all! I just want someone to love me!"

Lyra went over to her and started patting her on the back "Why lie to us in the first place?"

Derpy tried to speak but couldn't cause of the tears and mouth starting to quiver. Vinyl left the living room and came back a second later with a tissue and handed it to crying mare, who just soaked it up with her tears.

She then spoke "Cause I didn't want you worrying about me"

"Honey, your one of our friends" Lyra said "We are always going to worry about each other cause of the choices we make"

"Derpy" Octavia said "Look at me"

Derpy turned and saw Octavia in.....Tears? The blond mare never saw the gray, earth, cello playing pony like this.

Octavia wiped a tear away "We are so worried about you. We saw him beat you up. You might not be as lucky next time he hits you, what if he injures you? Or worse, getting paralyzed? We love you honey. I see you almost like a sister to me. We all do so many things together, shopping, dinner and we even went camping together! I don't really enjoy the outdoors, but I did that time because you made me laugh and helped me enjoy it. If anything happens to you, honey, those fun things won be the same without you"

"She's right" Time Turner said, taking his friend's hoof again "Those things won't be the same type of fun without you. And also, what's more important? Your love life or just your life period?"

Derpy knew he had a point. She did enjoy the life she had. A good job, good home, and most importantly, good group of friends. But she also wanted a special some-pony in her life, get married to them and maybe have children with them. She looked at the five pairs of eyes that were staring at her, all full of fear for her because of her safety. They didn't want her to be six feet under all because of someone she loved.

She just sighed and started to tear up again "I think I love him so much, I cant let him go"

"If you truly love him, let him go" Bon Bon said

Her friend's only response back was by just shaking her head

"Yes you can" The beige pony replied

Derpy looked down at her bruises that cover her arm. She then knew she had to make a choice, her love life or her life life.

She looked up back at her friends and gave them a weak smile "Your right, this isn't love. I'll break it off"

All of her friends smiled, Time Turner and Octavia gave her a hug on both sides of her, every-pony else soon joined in. She was then gifted with a individual hug from each of her friends.

After Lyra gave her a hug she spoke "Thank you Derpy, that makes us feel a lot better, we love you and don't want to lose you anytime soon"

Derpy smiled "Thanks"

Octavia looked at the clock and saw it read 11:23 PM "Wow, its getting late. I'm sorry every pony, but I got to get some rest, me and Lyra have to get up early for band practice"

"Oh yea, that's right" Lyra said "Don't want to be tired during it"

"I might hit the sack as well" Vinyl said, standing up from her seat .

After saying goodnight to her friends, Derpy watched as her friends began to leave her home for the night. Time Turner was about to leave when he turned around and smiled at his friend "I'm glad you breaking it off, Derpy"

The Pegasus smiled back "I'm glad to"

She shut the door after all of her friends left for their own homes. She leaned on the door for a moment and realized she felt.....better like a weight was taken off her shoulders. She didn't have to hide the abuse anymore and it made her feel good that her friends cared about her so much that they actually spied on her to make sure she was safe. She just smiled and made her way to the bathroom to start a nice, hot shower.