• Published 26th Feb 2014
  • 1,734 Views, 23 Comments

Magic of Loyalty - DawnSkies



After a freak stunt accident, Rainbow Dash finds herself in hospital fighting for recovery. But can she hold onto her world after she regains it.

  • ...
5
 23
 1,734

Chapter Five | Here for you

Rarity and Spike sat talking in the boutique it didn't take much to get rarity to listen, only offering to work a whole day with her tomorrow to help catch up on work. Win win Spike thought.

Rarity sat listening to spike as he explained the situation to her. This wasn't the first time she had been made aware of the problems Twilight Sparkle was having, but this was the first time she understood it.

"So let me get this straight... In case I have not missed anything of course," Rarity looked at Spike curiously. "You think Twilight is blaming herself for what happened to Rainbow?"

Spike stared back blankly. "I didn't say that, I said Twilight is really upset after she couldn't help Rainbow Dash and now she's all upset and can't sleep and letting herself get into such a mess."

"Right. Blaming herself for what happened to Rainbow Dash." Rarity confirmed

She noticed how Twilight had become withdrawn and less social; even no longer leaving the library. Rarity simply put it down to Twilight being struck with flu and she never quite had the time to visit, not with all the dresses she had to finish. But this simply could not do, when it came to helping out her friends, nothing could stand her way.

"Tell me spike," Rarity sighed. "How long has Twilight been acting up this way?"

"Around when you guys arrived back from the hospital after visiting Rainbow Dash. I still don't get it. Why couldn't I visit her?" Spike replied, he was anxious to see what happened to Rainbow Dash but they didn't let him visit, even when he asked, they just said she was fine and just needed rest.

"Spike, we couldn't let you visit Rainbow, it's..." Rarity took a moment to choose her words carefully, she wasn't going to lie to him about such a topic but he wasn't ready for the truth.
"She just needed rest and too many ponies bothering her wouldn't be helpful, now I know you'll understand being such the clever dragon you are."

She hated herself for this. Rarity knew whenever she needed to, she could get Spike to follow her in any way, it was great at times. But she hated how she used him, even now complimenting him just so he'd drop the whole Rainbow Dash situation. But it needed to be done if she was going to help Twilight.

"Fine." Spike sighed.

"Thank you Spike, I promise soon whe- When Rainbow's ready, we'll let you see her if you want." Rarity eased. "So after we got back to the library, Twilight started behaving like this?"

Spike thought back to when Twilight had got back to the library.

"Pretty much, she won't tell me what's wrong. She could be poorly, got failed on a assignment by the princess, anything. That's why I came to you. I thought maybe you could help her?" he spoke.

"Well of course I can, I'm just wondering why she hasn't come to any of use for help." Rarity thought over her friends dilemma before she hastily decided enough was enough.
"Spike go back to the Library and tell Twilight to come to Sugercube Corner for lunch. It's time she stopped being... Well Twilight when she thinks she's messed up."

"You sure, she barely looked like moving from her room." Spike asked unsure of what the fashionista was up to.

"Spike, you get Twilight to Sugercube Corner drag her if you have to. This has gone on long enough." Rarity spoke as she herded spike to the door.
"Oh and not a moment before noon please Spike, we wouldn't want Twilight Sparkle to ruin anything."

"O-okay?" Spike replied turning and walking out of the boutique feeling rather confused. It didn't matter all he had to do was get Twilight to Sugercube Corner by noon for lunch. Can't be that hard.

"So all I have to do is gather up our friends to help cheer up Twilight." Rarity gulped. Can't be that hard, not like Applejack has been taking her anger for Twilight Sparkle on the poor trees of Apple Acres.

Author's Note:

You thought I was gone... You thought wrong
Not that anyone noticed XD

So this is a short chapter but I had writers block and I had college to sort out... A lot has happened since the last update of this story.
First Unit of my College complete with good marks, joined group full of talented people who can help me to achieve and met my girlfriend.

So happy that I think I can carry on this story with inspiration now. Next chapter will be usual length XD

Comments ( 7 )

Again, why is Applejack angry with Twilgiht? I just re-readed the whole thing and I didn't find any trace of it before this chapter.
I'm liking it, not the most original of ideas, but is not one of the bunch either.
Certainly eager to see more. :pinkiesmile:

5442400 My answer... Meh. To be honest haven't touched this story in a while so hopefully I can get back with it. Probably gonna have mistakes as I get back into it but thanks for the feedback on that

ahh yes, going to have to reread this one to refresh it's plotline in my head. still i am glad you updated again.

5442596 so is this story dead...or what?

6263655 Nope Just finished first year of college and once I get back into the plot line I can start writing, may have lost my timeline I did for this story but I still remember where I wanted to go with this :)

6266794 thats great, can't wait!

6267270 Thanks happy to hear people enjoy this story, was nice way of practicing writing and being creative and can't wait to get back to it :rainbowdetermined2:

Login or register to comment