• Published 26th Feb 2014
  • 1,734 Views, 23 Comments

Magic of Loyalty - DawnSkies



After a freak stunt accident, Rainbow Dash finds herself in hospital fighting for recovery. But can she hold onto her world after she regains it.

  • ...
5
 23
 1,734

Chapter Four | Help

Author's Note:

First off big thanks to Gentle Spy for taking the time he did; not only to point out my mistakes, but also to go to great length in chapters 1>3 (and this one) to give corrections and further notices of my failure in grammar and spelling all off his own back. Again Thank you!
I would like to apologize for the month delay on this chapter... I should now be back up to speed.
Also plans have begun for my next story 'Together Till The End'. The story is planned to be published towards the end of the year with 100% guaranteed weekly updates.

Slightly unorthodox approach to what I might do when writing but I wanted to try a different style in this chapter, hopefully if it is better than the others, I will go back and edit the previous chapters.
Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy the rest of the story. No more Author notes unless need be. :P

-Bastion Sky

The night shined bright with it's stars and celestial bodies, the moon glowing out across a mystic canvas painted by only one who had such talent, Luna's night echoed once more across all of Equestia for all ponies to sleep. Sleeping peaceful dreams, protected by their Princess of the night. All knew of her beautiful night, and many had rare occasion to observe such masterpiece.

Ponyville was silent as the ponies slept their peaceful dreams, all but one. Twilight Sparkle had stopped dreaming weeks ago, stopped sleeping all together. Her nights haunted her, printing images of Rainbow Dash in her mind, torturing her with what had happened, what she did to that Pegasus. She was the reason their friend wasn't there for the Running of the Leaves, and the reason why Ponyville was being battered by rain and storm. The reason why a certain cyan Pegasus was lying in hospital in a coma. Twilight had ruined Ponyville, ruined Rainbow.

Twilight sat on her bed looking out her window across the incoherent town, left alone to her thoughts.

She never deserved this. . .

I don't deserve this either, they say it's not my fault. It is. I did this, I ruined it all, Ponyville, our friendship, the elements. I hurt us all.

You've done more than that, you've doomed Equestia. The Princess is probably arranging your arrest now. Twilight Sparkle, the betrayer and destroyer of Equestia. . .

She wouldn't do that!

And murderer!

. . .

You killed Rainbow Dash. Murdered her. Left her to die!

I-

You killed her. And now you're going to suffer, not only will Celestia be coming to get you, but I doubt your friends will ever want to see you again.

They're still my friends?!

But where was Rainbow Dash when Applejack ran the Running of the Leaves, oh yes you killed her. And when did we last see Applejack? When was the last time we all spoke, happy and care free. All ruined thanks to you!

. . .

She hates you, Twilight they all do. Because you killed her, you killed them all!

No! Rainbow is going to be okay!

Be honest with yourself now Twilight, Rainbow won't make it, your friends will reject you. You'll be alone... You ruined everything!

"Sister please!" Luna begged.
The throne room echoed their voice around but to no ears to hear but Celestia's. The night was her domain, but Celestia still ruled, she had the final say in Equestia and after all. This was Celestia's protege they were discussing about.

"I understand your concern Luna, but Twilight Sparkle is a strong pony. She will be fine." Celestia eased.

Luna was running out of options, she had to tell her sister how bad the situation was getting, her job was to safe guard ponies dreams. Even at times give guidance. But Celestia had strictly forbidden Luna to release information on other pony's dreams, Let only pry.

"Sister this is worst than I dare tell you, please." Luna begged.

"Whatever it is, it cannot be as urgent for me to let you address Twilight on such issues." Celestia answered.

"I'm sorry you made me do this," she looked down to compel herself before looking Celestia in the eyes. Luna had never informed Celestia of her subject's dreams, it was forbidden, but there were exceptions. "Sister, Twilight Sparkle has not slept for serveral nights. She has begun to fear her own slumber."
Celestia starred back at her blankly unable grasp what Luna was saying.
"Twilight's last dream was not what I could call peaceful, before giving up sleep. She had nothing but nightmares. She has been torturing herself with the injuries she caused to this Rainbow Dash, the Element of Loyalty. Her subconscious thoughts that attacked her dreams, now threaten her completely. I fear she believes she is responsible for all this." Luna pleaded.

"Princess Luna-" Celestia spoke using her full title for the first time during their talk.

"I don't care about the rules big sister. We've lost one Element, temporarily or not. We can not lose another!"

Celestia thought carefully. She took time to account this new information. It was true that as of the Elements, Equestia had no first line defense against her enemies. This needed be to be handled directly.

"Okay Luna. . . Do what you must."

Twilight had long passed out before Celestia began to raise the sun, her mental battle in her head had taken all of her energy. Or what little she had left. Twilight Sparkle now knew what she needed to know, through all this, she easily knew, it was her fault. She knew what she had done.

Over the past few weeks, Spike had become more responsible in running the library and doing his chores, he knew that Twilight wasn't well and he saw this a perfect opportunity to prove this. He got his own room, and even was aloud to stay up longer. Spike had never been so proud of himself. He just didn't know for how long Twilight would be unwell. For weeks she had no sleeping pattern, just until she passed out, Spike caught her one night just sat on the edge of the balcony not moving, just watching. He knew he should do something.

I really should get Twilight help, all of this can't be good for her, Spike finished dusting off the main room of the library and walked into the kitchen to get a glass of water. I'll ask Rarity, she'll know what to do, I'm sure!

Spike decided to get Twilight a glass as well before turning and leaving to the kitchen to carry it upstairs, he hated waking up Twilight, it just wasn't right. He missed the days when he could sleep in and be moaning about getting up. Spike climbed up the stairs and came to a stop at Twilight's door before gently knocking with his spare claw.

"Twilight?" Spike called softly. Deciding to knock once more but louder
"Twi-" As spike knocked the door nudged open just enough for him to hear something coming from Twilight's room.
Spike could hear a gentle crying from behind the door, hesitantly he decided to go inside. All the times he had woke Twilight up he had never heard her crying.
"Twilight?" Spike asked carefully walking into the room. "Is everything okay?"

Spike looked briefly around the room, books littered the floor, paper was scattered and the bed was a mess a lacking a sleeping body. Spike took another look around, he could hear Twilight but couldn't see her.

"Twilight?"

Spike walked towards the bed and looked at the covers and noticed they were pulled off the far side, carefully Spike navigated around to the other side of the bed. Listening to the gentle sobs as Twilight slowly came into view sleeping on the floor. She had lost consciousness and must of fell out of her bed from a bad dream, one which was clear to Spike she hadn't yet finished. He carefully nudged Twilight's shoulder with his claw.

"Twilight wake up," He continued nudging her to no avail. "Twilight!"

Spike grabbed her and shook Twilight recklessly to the land of the living, or at least awake. To the young dragons surprise he felt a strange cold feeling wrap around him as the frightened unicorn awoke, suddenly before he realized he was engulfed in a purple aura. Spike felt himself being lifted and thrown back into a bookcase. The collision wasn't painful but the shock of what had happened had to process through his head.

"OHDEARCELESTIASPIKEI'MSOSOSOSORRY!" Twilight yelled getting up and running after him.
"Spike I'm sorry I don't know why I did that," She explained trying to help Spike up. "Please forgive, it was an accident. I swear!"

"What the hell Twi?" Spike grumbled finding his feet. "One second your bawling on the floor, then you're throwing me into bookcases? What is all this, I'm not cleaning it up. Your room is a mess."

Twilight took a brief look around her room offended. Okay so it wasn't the tidiest her room has been but Twilight liked to refer to her room as an organised mess. Spike still insisted it was a bomb site.
"Hey it's not that messy!" How did I let it get this bad? "Besides," Twilight spoke looking back at Spike. "Not like you have a tidy room."

"So if this is all okay then what's with you and crying in your sleep?" He asked concerned.

"Oh, erm. I must of had dream." Twilight answered not wanting to give full details of her mental derailment.

"You were on the floor..."

"Erm," Twilight glanced at her bed. "Nightmare?" She spoke unsure of herself.

Spike huffed annoyed, there was something Twilight wasn't telling him, sooner or later he'd find out. Even if she didn't want to tell him, there was no way she could keep a secret for long.

"Fine have it your way Twi." Spike sight turning and leaving her room.

Twilight sat back on her haunches, she couldn't tell Spike what was happening. He'd think she was insane, and Spike would ask for her to be sent to a mental hospital, not that it mattered she know soon she would be locked away. It was only a matter of time, Celestia will want to know why she didn't save one of the Elements of Harmony, now they were useless. Equestria Defenseless and no form of weapon if a powerful enemy were to attack.

She needed help, but who could she turn to? Fluttershy. She's kind, caring and would listen to Twilight, but she'd be very timid and too soothing. Rarity would write Twilight off for speaking a load of nonsense. Applejack would give her honest answer, but she couldn't face her. Rainbow Dash and Applejack were closer than anyone else. She knew AJ hated her, she had to. Twilight had removed Applejack's best friend not just from racing, wrestling or just any competition but her closest friend. That left Pinkie Pie. No. Just nope.

"UGH! Who can I go to? I can't just keep doing this to myself." Twilight asked raising her hooves to her head hoping to find somepony to answer her.

Silence.

Spike returned downstairs and headed towards the door to leave. He couldn't Twilight do this to herself. And if she wasn't going to fix it he was. Spike opened the library door and stepped out into Ponyville. He still couldn't believe he was up this early, again. But he knew the one person he could go to that would help Twilight, and he'd have to get there early before she began work. After all dress making was a very demanding occupation requiring a lot of time. He hoped Rarity's generosity would pull through and she would help Twilight with... Whatever was wrong, Twilight Sparkle never had actually told spike what it was she was having problems with and it drove him mad.

He knew how distraught everypony was over Rainbow Dash being in a coma but he couldn't understand why Twilight was the worst of them all. Even Fluttershy, Rainbow's closest friend wasn't as badly affected as Twilight was. Maybe Rarity could help solve everything, although he was having doubts. Either way he knew he'd find out as he slowly approached the boutique.

Spike raised a claw to knock on the door, he knew she'd be awake. Rarity had recently accepted an order from Canterlot for ten of her best and most unique dresses for a fashion show by the end of the week. She wanted to make sure she had enough time to complete all the dresses up to her highest standard. Spike was sure Rarity could spare a few minutes to talk, although he knew that a few minutes wouldn't cut it.

Spike brought his claw down on the door a few times making sure to be heard, for all he knew Rarity could be stuck in another song, not that me minded Spike always admired Rarity's singing, it was just the quantity of it.

"Come in!" A voice chimed from behind the door in a joyful note.

Spike pushed the door open and was immediately struck by all the fabric that covered every surface, from the walls to the floor. Every inch was covered with a different style, design, colors. All blending trying to form a image of what to be before becoming one of Rarity's designs. "Oh Celestia..." Spike sighed. Somehow he knew getting help from Rarity would be harder than he thought.