• Published 26th Feb 2014
  • 14,778 Views, 1,995 Comments

Heart Invasion 101 - FamousLastWords



Spike gets a job with the town's local DJ as her assistant. After spending time together, they become fast friends, and quickly begin to realize they have a lot more in common than just music.

  • ...
60
 1,995
 14,778

Headed for Splitsville

“So, Spike, what’d you think?”

Spike took a deep breath, fully inhaling the strong scent of sweat and perfume from the mare next to him.

“That… was amazing.”

“Hehe, glad you thought so,” Flitter said, rolling over in bed to rest her head against her dragon. “I’m so happy we finally got to do that, Spike.”

“Yeah, me too,” Spike said, gently stroking Flitter’s mane. “And as long as Twilight doesn’t find out, we can relive that all we want.

Flitter chuckled and nuzzled Spike’s cheek. “That’s exactly what I wanted to hear. And when does Twilight get home, again?”

“Not for two days,” Spike said.

“In that case,” Flitter said, maneuvering herself to where her face was directly in line with Spike’s. “I may just stay here until she gets back. Sound good?”

“Sounds great.” Spike wrapped his arms around Flitter and held her as close as he could.

“So, in that case,” Flitter whispered in his ear, “let’s go for round two.”


Spike shot up in his bed and darted his eyes around his room. His heart was jumping out of his chest and his head was swimming.

“Okay, good, I’m alone,” he said after assessing his surroundings. “That dream was way too realistic.”

He flopped back on his bed and let out a deep breath. His mind began to float around, thinking of all the recent happenings. The news from Flitter, the horrifying reality of having to tell Twilight, his relationship with Vinyl…

“Oh, no! Vinyl!” Spike slapped his claw to his face and buried his head in his pillow. “What is she going to think about all this?”

It was one thing that he ditched their show at the last second without explanation. But it was going to be a whole new demon to try and explain the situation to her. What would she say? Would she still want to be with him? How would this affect his job with her. There were so many questions and a complete and total lack of answers.

Spike moaned into his pillow. “Ergh, why can’t life just be simple? I swear, just last week it was almost there. But no. So, buck you too, universe! Buck you, buck your family, buck your friends and buck your cruel, sick sense of humour!”

If life didn’t have require him to get up and face the day, he would’ve been perfectly content to just lie in bed, burrowed under his covers and pillows for the rest of his life. At least he wouldn’t fall prey to the cold, hard ways of fate that way.

“C’mon, Spike, get up. You can do this.”

Spike slowly pushed the covers off of him like it was a one-hundred pound dumbbell weighing him down. But eventually he found success and rolled out of bed and onto the floor.

“Alright, step one, complete. Step two: tell Twilight.” Spike gulped down a breath of air and instantly felt a pit form in his stomach. Given her general tendency to overreact about most things, this was not going to end well. Actually, it might even end with their home being turned into a crater.

Spike walked over to his door but hesitated before opening it. He was going to have to strategize about this.

“Maybe there is a way I can bring it up without actually bringing it up. Like, if I can get her eased into the idea, then maybe it’ll be easier to bring it up without it ending in my life ending. Alright, here goes.”

Spike inched his door open and slowly made his way down the stairs. He could hear hoofsteps and pages turning from the room at the bottom, so she was definitely up and around already.

He hopped off the final step and walked into the living area, where Twilight was at her desk, eating a blueberry muffin and meticulously page flipping through some book or another.

“Hey, Twilight,” Spike said, approaching her.

“Oh, good morning, Spike,” Twilight replied with a smile. “Did you sleep well?”

Heh, I wish.

“Yeah, I slept just fine. How about you?”

“I slept great! I was reading a great story about about myths and monsters and I knocked out right in the middle of it. I had a pretty crazy dream about Krakens and Sirens though.”

“Oh, well that’s pretty awesome, all right,” Spike said. “So, um, are you like, busy or anything?”

“No, I’m taking a rest day today. Just finishing up my book. Why?”

“Oh, no reason,” Spike said. “I was just gonna ask you a quick question.”

“Okay, what is it? I’ll answer if I can.”

Oh boy, here it goes.

“So, Twilight, I was reading this story where this dragon and this pony got together right?”

“Right.”

“And I was just thinking, what if they, you know, did a little something something… and had a baby? Wouldn’t that be kind of cool?”

“A dragon/pony baby?” Twilight said, rubbing her chin. “It’s a bit unorthodox, but I could only imagine how could their offspring would be. Or hideous. I haven’t really seen one, myself.”

“Yeah, i imagine it’d be pretty cute,” Spike said. “So, it wouldn’t like, gross you out or anything?”

“Of course not, Spike. Why do you ask?”

“Oh, no reason. I was just thinking and…”

“Wait a second, Spike,” Twilight cut in.

“Uh, y-yes, Twi?”

“I think I know what’s going on here.”

“You do?”

“Yes, I do,” she said. “And Spike, it’s completely natural for you to think about the future and having a baby with a pony someday.”

“Umm, about that…” Spike couldn’t finish his thought before being wrapped in a hug from Twilight.

“Don’t worry Spike. It’s completely natural, and I’ll be there for you every step of the way. Besides, you’ll have plenty of time to worry about that when you’re ready to start a family. For now, I’d recommend just focusing on a stable relationship.”

“Yeah, um Twi?”

“What is it Spike?”

“I’m not sure there’s as much time to worry about it as we might hope.”

“What do you-?”

*knock knock*

“Hold that thought, Spike. I’m going to go see who’s at the door.”

Twilight trotted toward the door leaving Spike alone with his palpitating heart and racing mind. He heard the door click open and the worst possible phrase that he could’ve heard at that moment rang through the air.

“Oh, hey Flitter! I bet you’re here to see, Spike.”

Universe, buck you with a ten foot pole.

Twilight cheerfully hopped back in the room, followed by Flitter.

“Oh, Spike, you have a visitor,” She walked closer and whispered in his ear. “Try and be nice, okay?”

Flitter followed behind and slowly waved at him. “Hey, Spike. I was just wondering if we had time to talk about a few things about, well, you know.”

“Yeah, I guess so, but I was talking to Twilight… about the situation,” Spike replied, motioning to the smiling purple unicorn by him.

“Oh, don’t mind me, Spike. If you all need to talk, I can just-”

“Does she know?” Flitter asked.

“Know what?” Twilight interjected.

“Well, she was about to. That’s what I was explaining.”

“What am I about to know?”

“You mean you haven’t told her yet?”

“What haven’t you told me?”

“I haven’t exactly had time since yesterday!”

“Both of you, stop!”

Spike and Flitter turned their heads in synchronous to look at Twilight who was standing right between them.

“Will someone please explain to me what’s going on here!”

*knock knock*

“Of, for the love of sweet Celestia,” Spike said.

“I’ll go get the door, but I expect a full explanation when I get back, please?”

Spike and Flitter both nodded and looked at each other as Twilight left them to go answer the door.

Unfortunately, fate was once again finding ways to make Spike’s once simple life even more complicated.

“Oh, Vinyl! I take it you’re also here to see Spike? Come join the party.”

Twilight once again walked back in, quickly followed by Vinyl, who looked like she hadn’t gotten an ounce of sleep with her discombobulated mane and baggy eyes.

“Spike, aren’t you popular this morning,” Twilight said, pointing toward Vinyl.

“Hey, Spike. We need to talk. I was thinking and… Wait, what’s going on here?” Vinyl asked, eyes darting back and forth between a glaring Flitter and Spike, who was staring at the ground, begging it to open up and swallow him.

“I’d like to know the same thing!” Twilight shouted.

“Look, everypony, just calm down and I’ll explain the situation!”

“Oh, so you’re girlfriend is here now?” Flitter asked. “Did you tell her at least, or are you so ashamed of our history that you’re just hiding it from everypony?”

“What don’t I know?” Vinyl asked, looking directly at Spike.

“The question of the day!” Twilight chimed in.

“Spike, you need to tell them!”

“What does he need to tell me?”

“What’s going on here?”

“Spike, you need to explain what’s going on.”

Spike’s ears were filled with angry voices and his eyes saw nothing but angry mares.

“Ahhh! Everypony! I’m going to be a dad! That’s it!”

The loud voices that filled the room a mere second ago came to a dead halt after Spike’s outburst. Twilight and Vinyl were stunned speechless.

“And I’m the mother.” Flitter’s voice broke the silence as she walked over to Spike and stood next to him. “We’re going to have a baby.”

Spike looked at the stunned faces of the other two mares in the room and one thought crossed his mind.

Why didn’t I just stay in bed today?

Author's Note:

So, stuff is getting crazy.

How will Vinyl react? What will Spike do with Flitter? Read on!