• Published 27th Jan 2014
  • 1,560 Views, 8 Comments

The Subversive Scrolls - Ponyess



I had gotten a Scroll in my mail. I read it, despite the odd feeling I had about it, and this is what I got for it. I guess you'd call it a curse, even if it is merely skin deep? Or was that only the beginning of it?

  • ...
22
 8
 1,560

Under the Wing Of Luna's: 7

Author's Note:

Trixie's POV

As I woke up, I had found a message before me, lying on the ground. I am currently alone, homeless and unemployed. Not a situation I would be wishing for any Pony, not even my worst enemy, not that I had all that bad enemies.

As I sat up, I could clearly see the parchment with the Royal seal of Luna, her Highness herself. I just knew it was her. Whatever would a Royal Alicorn possibly want with me. I had done nothing remarkable as of late. I had not even performed on a stage for more than a week, which is why I am in this sorry state in the first place.

“Dear Trixie. If it isn't too great an inconvenience on your part, I would love to see you in person. With the latest events in mind, I would enjoy your company. Not so much due to our mutual understanding of certain feelings, even if I guess jealousy did bring me to wish for what I am about to propose to you. You are in a position, where you may be most pleased with my offer. You see, I desire to have you as my personal apprentice!” I read.

The formal prose caught me off guard and the stated intent made me cough and almost choked on my saliva. If this wasn't the most gracious offer I had ever heard of, then what could possibly top it off?

It is a long way to the Royal Castle in Canterlot, but if the message was genuine, I would chance it. Maybe I should use up my meager funds on the off chance she actually had requested my presence by her side? Not every Pony ever even got to Canterlot or to the point, the Castle.

Equestria do have a few castles, not just the royal castle in Canterlot, there is the castle of the two sisters in the Everfree forest, the Chrystal castle of the Chrystal Empire and a later contribution, the castle in Ponyville. These are the once on the top of my head. I guess I don't really care if there were other castles I forgot or was never told of.

Affording the message a second look. Yes, that is the royal seal, this is a legitimate message, and it is clearly from the Princes, Luna herself. With that, I can not stay where I am, I have to go to Canterlot as fast as I could. With that, I gathered my few belongings and scattered, trotting off along the road, then cantering in order to get where I intended to go as fast as I could.

In the end, I roll the message up and hide it under my customary hat, covered with stars and moons as it is, before I continue on my way, rushing in on the train station, apparently just in time for the train, paying the ticket and rushing in before the door slammed shut, mere inches behind my tail.

“Ouch, that was close!” I winced as I move along in order to find a better spot.

“Tickets, please!” a large stallion pronounced on his way from front to end of the train, checking all the new Ponies on the train.

I slip the ticket up for him to mark.

“Canterlot Central. One adult Unicorn!” he responded as he reads my ticket and continues further back.

“Thanks!” I responded as I slipped my ticket back into the rim of my hat, where I intended to hide it for the remainder of the trip, as long as it was to be.

A voice pronounced the name of each station as the train approached and stopped, giving Ponies time to file off, before speeding up to the cruising velocity. I guess I dozed off, I did not hear the voice for an hour, or however long it may have been.

Appearently we had reached the destination since the Pony who originally checked my ticket eagerly tapped my shoulder, thus waking me up.

“Your destination, Canterlot Central!” he exclaimed.

“Thanks!” I mumbled, as I gathered myself and scurried off of the train, just after it stopped.

I just stopped long enough to read the sign on the station in order to check, it was indeed the station where I had intended to leave the train.

--- --- ---

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment