• Published 17th Jan 2014
  • 717 Views, 5 Comments

The Magic A Dream Can Destroy - MajorFrostwing



The Finale to The Magic of A Dream Story. Lance has begun the final battle with the master of nightmares. The battle results in tragedy and destruction and the ultimate sacrifice.

  • ...
3
 5
 717

Epilogue: The Last Night... The New Life.

The Magic A Dream Can Destroy
Epilogue: The Last Night... The New Life

By: Major Frostwing

It has been 500 years since the death of Lance and Luna has yet to find anyone to fill the hole he left in her heart. She still wore the ring he got her as a necklace. "My Love soon we will be together." Luna whispered as she looked out at the setting sun she looked over to see her protege raising the moon it was almost time only one more day then they will be together at last. "Good work Night I see that the spell has gone off without incident." She said walking up to him.

"Yes Princess I am still sad to see my master leave tomorrow but you trust me with the power over night but why did you choose to train me?" Night asked concerned for the reasoning behind her hasty choice in him.

"I'm just selfish I guess." She said smiling. "I just want to see him again we never got married after all." Luna felt the tears stream down her cheeks at the memory of Lance. "He was one of a kind Lance could take away a nightmare and live with the burden it carried like it was his own curse." She looked down. "Did I ever tell you his final words to me on that night?" She asked wiping away the tears.

"No Princess what did he say?" He asked concerned for her.

"I'm sorry I can't be there on our wedding day Luna I'm so sorry." She said calmly. "The night he proposed to me was the night he died. To destroy Nightmare Moon forever the living nightmare had to be absorbed and destroyed in order to do so he knew he had to die." Luna sighed looking at the moon such sadness for 500 years took it's toll on her heart. "Tomorrow I will get to be with him once again you understand correct."

"We all have lost loved ones Princess but you lost so much more than him you lost so much more." He said with a smile. "I will do you proud master." He said walking out of the room to let Luna say goodbye to her last night alive.

Luna took flight flying towards a very old statue. She touched down near the statue of Lance she smiled as she walked towards it. "Hello my love." She greeted laying down in front of the statue that same smile on it's face that spoke "I will see you again one day." She felt a tear well up as she thought back on all the time they spent together. She did miss him, every day was like an eternal hell without him the only thing that kept her going was the single thought that she would one day... See him again. She sat out there as her night slowly came to an end.

Luna's horn hummed to life as she began the final spell she saw her self beginning to fade. "I hope you didn't have to wait for long my love." She whispered smiling she finally was allowed to die and see him once again. A single tear streamed down her cheek as she disappeared completely.

-----------------------------

Luna awoke in a bright white room she was confused as she began to walk around the room only finding a single door. She pushed against it to find a familiar face just beyond the door. "Luna... I'm sorry that I had to die like that." He said extending his hoof to her. "And leave you alone for all those years." He smiled sweetly to her. "Maybe we can be reborn one day and live the life we wanted." Luna extended her hoof to him.

"I would love that Lance." She walked up nuzzling against him she let out tears of joy at finally being reunited to him. "I love you Lance." She whispered with a content smile.

"I love you to Luna." Lance said crying as well. "Just promise me one thing Luna." Lance took a step back from her motioning for her to follow.

"And what is that Lance?" She questioned following him smiling.

"Promise me when we are reborn no matter how many times it happens we will always find each other." He said as he stepped through a new door into a peaceful landscape. "And we will always love each other no matter what happens."

Luna stared at the landscape smiling. "I promise Lance we will never be apart again." She stood next to Lance seeing the beauty in this afterlife with him. "So long as we still exist we shall never be apart." Lance nodded in agreement.

"Good now we can be reborn and find each other again." She nodded as they walked through the area slowly fading to be reborn as somepony new.

"I guess even nightmares can have a beautiful end."

----------------------------------------------------

Black Rose sat in her shop looking over the flowers she had been growing with a content smile on her face. She was a black unicorn mare with a light purple mane. Her eyes were a dark blue almost like the night sky. The bell ringed signaling as a stallion entered the shop he was a blue pegasus with a dark purple mane that seemed to be slightly long. Black Rose looked over the stallion as he looked up his eyes were a deep red. His eyes seemed to open wide as if he recognized the mare in front of him.

"Have I met you before?" He asked as he walked towards the counter she shook her head no. Yet she felt like she knew him as well.

"I'm sorry my name is Black Rose and welcome to my shop. How may I help you?" She asked smiling to him.

"My name is Midnight... it is a pleasure to meet you Luna." He caught what he just said and shook his head. "Sorry I don't know where that came from." He said placing his hoof to his forehead. She giggled happily as if nothing was wrong.

"It is quite alright Lance." She caught herself at the mistake as well. "I guess we both are having an off day." she said smiling to him sweetly. Midnight smiled with her as he scratched the back of his head.

"I don't know if you will say yes but would you like to go get some dinner?" He asked her she thought it over nodding.

"I think I would enjoy that Mr. Midnight." She said with a gentle blush gracing her cheeks.

They both turned leaving the shop going towards a nearby restaurant Prince Night was examining both of them from a distance with a content smile. "I hope you enjoy your new life Princess." He turned away from his mirror to go and raise the moon just as his brother lowered the sun.

The Beginning...

Comments ( 1 )

4723670
They got engaged the night lance died but instead of calling her fiance he called her wife he knew he was going to die that night.

Login or register to comment