• Published 16th Jan 2014
  • 2,158 Views, 61 Comments

I'm coming home - Saph



Vinyl hears about Octavia's disaster of a performance at the Gala.

  • ...
5
 61
 2,158

Epilogue

Dear Diary,

It’s certainly been an interesting month here in Canterlot, a lot of things have happened. Where do I start? Normally, I would start at the beginning and recap from there. I’m not feeling all that eager to write about it though.

Earlier this month I had some problems with a certain performance. It didn’t really go as planned, the whole thing was a disaster. By the end of the week I was gone from the quartet, and shunned from society. It’s a wonder how absurdly fast things can change.

I thought I could trust my co-workers with at least sticking together in times like that. Instead I guess I was just the odd one out. I can’t describe how it feels to be thrown under the wagon like that.

I can’t say I didn’t do anything later that would’ve justified that either. There’s always the steps that make things worse, and the ones that just blow things out of any reason. I regrettably took the worst possible choice of action. Yet, life goes on, and I live with the lies I told.

Back to the present day. Life in general seems to have gotten a lot better. I’m living with Vinyl again in our apartment; our home. And I couldn’t be happier. I’m just glad she’s still here for me, even though I haven’t always treated her the best.

Inspiration has come back to me. I’m trying to compose again, trying anything to get my life back on track. I’m not sure if I’m ready to try to find a concert hall to perform in again however. I don’t think society is ready. Even if things don’t go as planned, I’m sure I’ll be fine. Just as long as Vinyl stays with me.

What is inspiration really though? Where does it come from, and where does it go? It ranges so far to the point where I can ask, “Is anything really original?” I guess inspiration is different for everyone.

Some may draw inspiration from books, music, or even the weather. I, however, find myself inspired once again by Vinyl. Whether it’s her charismatic energy, or the way she makes me feel, I’m not sure. Her mere presence makes me want to do things right again.

Speaking of Vinyl, I can hear her calling me for breakfast right now. I just hope she hasn’t burnt the food that bad.

It’s nice to have somepony there for you...

-Octavia

Author's Note:

The End, really. As of 3/27/14 edits have not been made to the fic. I'll get around to it eventually, hopefully sooner than I got around to this short entry from Octavia. I had considered on writing one from Vinyl as well, but couldn't think of what to write. I guess inspiration failed me there.

Until another time,

Saph

Comments ( 5 )

Interesting way to end this.

as someone who hates angst and will they-wont they's am surprised. Why? Because I loved this fic. I was a little rough in places but overall was a very well done story.

:pinkiesmile::pinkiesmile::pinkiesmile::pinkiesmile::pinkiesmile::pinkiesmile::pinkiesmile::pinkiesmile: / 10

3986905 wow, you're a picky bastard! :rainbowlaugh:

Well... Great story and all that, really wish you delved into the aftermath though. It feels like things were cut off halfway, there was no fallout from Vinyl's punch nor was there a follow up of Octavia's struggles to reestablish her career.

Login or register to comment