• Published 30th Dec 2013
  • 475 Views, 13 Comments

Harmony Revisited - deli73



During the Return of Harmony, Jake Fizzle and Flora Mistwing are having an adventure of their own...

  • ...
 13
 475

[Unedited Bonus Section] Sector Two

The following quote from Jake Fizzle is a preview for a future sequel series:
"Okay, so, before I explain what we do here at Sector Two, I need to explain to you how magical "artifacts" work.

When a spell is cast on an object, it often leaves a bit of residual magical energy inside of the object. This can cause the object to react to other magical energy in its environment. This energy usually fades away in a fairly short amount of time, and the effect dissipates with it. However, very powerful spells sometimes alter the molecular structure of their targets, causing a sort of magical magnetization. The object is thus transformed into a magic conductor not too unlike a unicorn's horn. It is optimized for one particular spell, but this can be a very complex one and is rarely anything remotely similar to the spell which magnetized it. The object not only reacts to magical energy, but also certain types of brainwaves comparable to those of a unicorn casting a spell. Believe it or not, these types of waves actually emanate from non-unicorn ponies fairly often, so much so that the object might as well simply react to their presence.

In layman's terms, a thing gets zapped by magic and starts casting its own spells when other ponies are nearby. Needless to say, this can be extremely dangerous.

It's our job to locate these objects, [temporarily] neutralize them, and store them in this facility for safekeeping. It's a dangerous task, but someone's gotta do it to keep Equestria safe, and that's us. And it might be crazy, but...

Sometimes it's kind of fun."

Comments ( 8 )

3812460 Thanks! That's very helpful! Honestly I've never really seen Applebloom as particularly shy (remember Bridle Gossip?).
I know they have humanlike names, but it's not completely unheard of in Equestria. I can't think of any examples off the top of my head but I know there are some (Lyra Heartstrings. About as human as Jacob Fizzle is.). But it's too late to come up with better ones. I'll be sure to take all your advice into account! Thanks again!
(Also, are you SURE it's two words? Applejack isn't.)

Comment posted by deli73 deleted Jan 26th, 2014

3812460 I was actually confused for a minute ("Wait, I didn't review any of your stories..."):facehoof:
Apparently I completely forgot that you were the one that wrote "A Story With a Lack of E" and that was how I found you in the first place. :rainbowlaugh:

hehe, this was a rather enjoyable story.:twilightsmile:

I wouldn't mind seeing more from ya.:pinkiesmile:

4180193 Thanks! I'm glad you liked it. :twilightsmile:

4558155 1. Well, it doesn't really matter in this context, but I just assume the reader knows she's at the library because, honestly, someone who hasn't watched at least a decent portion of the show shouldn't be reading fanfics yet. I will try to set the scene a little more explicitly next time, though, most of my stories won't have such an implied location. :twilightsheepish:
2. It would seem I have gotten some details wrong. Thank you for pointing that out. :twilightsmile:
3. Eh, the pony terminoligy there seems forced and kind of wrong. Plus, you ended two consecutive sentences with "chocolate milk", which sounds redundant. I appreciate the suggestion, but in this particular case I prefer my version.
(I do like your choice of adjectives, though. Very descriptive.)
4. Parts of this story were actually written by someone else (it was a collaborative effort), and I may not have explained my intentions for that scene quite right. With our sentences intermixing, it can get a bit confusing. Honestly, even I don't remember what I was going for in that part. :rainbowlaugh:
5. I was kind of trying to keep the exact purpose of the "fail-safe spell" somewhat mysterious. Explaining it would have taken away from the story, in my opinion, but I suppose it could be interpreted another way.

besides the edits I put up in comments, I couldn't find any place to expand on details.
great work, mate!
if you don't want me as an editor for future projects, no hard feelings are held.

whenever I read and review a story, I would usually" give" a tank of equal rating in my personal view with A Pz.1 as the lowest grade of 5/10, then Pz. IV, Pz,6 mark 1 codename "Tiger", Pz.V "panther", "Konig Tiger" and MAUS as the 10/10 prize tank
this story was a good read
has a few errors that were pointed out to you.
so here's your tank
s1.goodfon.su/wallpaper/previews-middle/461240.jpg

yes, I know it is an ridiculous motion if you think so.

Login or register to comment