• Published 30th Dec 2013
  • 475 Views, 13 Comments

Harmony Revisited - deli73



During the Return of Harmony, Jake Fizzle and Flora Mistwing are having an adventure of their own...

  • ...
 13
 475

Prologue

Knock! Knock! Knock!

Twilight Sparkle groaned, looking up from her book and out the window. Had she been up all night? She ran her hooves through her black and purple mane, trying to wake herself up enough to think straight.

Bambambam. BANG! BANG! BANG!

"Okay, okay, I'm coming!" She yelled in frustration, squinting her eyes in the sunlight streaming through her study window. Time must have gotten away from her again.

Sitting up with some effort, she made her way over to the source of the calamitous racket.

"Twilight!" Pinkie Pie yelled as Twilight pushed the door open. "We have an emergency, it's-- Wow, what happened to you?" Pinkie's slightly panicked expression changed to one of mild concern as she surveyed Twilight’s disheveled demeanor.

"I spent the entire night reading." The purple unicorn replied in an exhausted tone. "What's the problem?"

"Uh, I think we can handle it. You should probably get some rest." Pinkie glanced nervously back in the direction of Sweet-Apple Acres, her poofy mane almost flat with distress.

Twilight rolled her eyes. "If you could handle it, why'd you knock on my door so loudly?"

Before her friend could reply, a sudden, urgent scream pierced her thoughts.

“Because maybe we can’t handle it?” Pinkie Pie managed to squeak out, pawing the ground softly with one foot. “We couldn’t handle it!” She put her hooves on Twilight’s shoulders, shaking her gently. “Help us please!”

Twilight narrowed her eyes at Pinkie. “I’m not sure what disaster you’ve managed to get into this time, but you can brief me on the way. Let's go!"


As the two ponies trotted along the road towards the Apple Family's orchard, Pinkie explained the situation.

"So, Applejack was gathering some apples, but suddenly the apples grew super big, and then the corn started popping like popcorn and - Ohmygosh chocolate rain!!!" The pink mare turned on a dime, running towards a meadow where a cloud that appeared to be made of cotton candy was spurting out a stream of chocolate milk. It was a veritable downpour.

"Pinkie, we don't have time for this!!" Twilight groaned. Of course she'd go off and do something random.

Pinkie tasted the brownish substance, a gigantic grin reaching from ear to ear. “It’s chocolate, Twilight, my favorite!” She proceeded to lay back, her mouth spread ridiculously wide to catch as much as possible.

Up ahead she saw the Apple family racing around in a panic, trying to deal with a herd of bunnies which had grown incredibly long legs. Meanwhile, chocolate rain and popcorn was flying everywhere, contributing to the chaos. Twilight spotted Rainbow Dash overhead wrestling with sticky cotton candy clouds while yelling something about how the rain wasn't supposed to come until next week.

In a moment, she knew what she had to do. Maybe all her research last night wasn't as much of a waste as she had originally thought.

Twilight yelled, "Don't worry, everypony! I've learned a new spell that will fix everything!" She closed her eyes and began channeling. Her horn started to glow a bright purple as she gathered her mystical powers. Power flowed through the twists and turns of an invisible maze inside, forming a complex but distinct shape. Suddenly, a bright flash of light exploded outwards, enveloping everything in a blinding light. She willed that everything would return to normal, to undo any magical change that had been done. The light cleared, and...

Absolutely nothing had changed.

"I can't believe it." Twilight whispered, wide-eyed. "My fail-safe spell... failed!"