• Published 30th Dec 2013
  • 1,651 Views, 20 Comments

Skylanders: Spike's Adventure - Smileyface1010



When Discord and Kaos team up, Spyro and Spike have to switch universes to save their own.

  • ...
14
 20
 1,651

Meanwhile in Equestria

Spyro secretly followed Kaos as he paced just outside the small town. He heard the villain constantly talking to himself.

"Now, this can't possibly be the capital of Equestria. So the question is: where is it?" He wandered around the outskirts of town, making sure no one saw him. Spyro was close behind, flying between bushes and trees nearby.

Kaos came to a cliff. He had to admit, the view was beautiful. Below him was a valley with nothing but grass until it came to a forest. It didn't seem as scary or unnatural as the forest he was in before, though. Beyond that was a mountain range. However, he noticed something off in the distance. Hanging on the side of a faraway mountain, Kaos could barely see a city. From what he saw, it looked majestic, maybe even a place for a ruler to live?

Spyro followed his gaze and found the city he was staring at from his hiding place. It did look more upper class then the town he appeared in. He figured it must be the capital. What was so special about that?

"Wait a second," Spyro said to himself. Their deal was if Kaos takes over this Equestria place, then Discord will put Skylands in a state of chaos. If that really is the capital, then he must be trying to overthrow the ruler of this land to take it over. That's it!"

Suddenly Kaos turned around. Spyro froze. He must've heard the dragon talking to himself. But he just looked off into the distance behind him for a while and then turned back to the city. Spyro knew he was going to head there. He considered just pouncing on him, but he knew Kaos was too powerful for Spyro to take on alone, even if he was the head Skylander. He needed help.

Kaos knew he needed to go to that city, but didn't know how to get there. He couldn't just jump off the cliff. There was one option, but he wasn't sure if it would work in Equestria. But it was his only choice. He had to make a portal. Just to be safe, he decided to give it minimal power, so it could only be used once.

Kaos drew a circle in the ground with his foot, big enough for him to stand in, but kept his eyes on the city. He held out his hand over the circle and closed his eyes. He concentrated, feeling the dark magic channel through him. He got a mental image of the city, directed the magic toward his hand, and opened his eyes. Instead of going inside the hand, the magic formed a sphere, which floated above his open palm. As soon as he thought there was enough magic in the sphere, he removed his hand, letting it float to the ground inside the circle. There was a bright flash, and a portal appeared in place of the circle. It had worked. Kaos glanced around to make sure no one was looking, and jumped in. The portal then disappeared.

Spyro didn't have much time, but he needed a plan. Spike had mentioned someone named Twilight Sparkle. Maybe she could help him. He flew back to the tree where he first met Spike.

Spyro arrived at the tree house and was about to knock on the door when he suddenly got nervous. He doesn't ever know what kind of creature Twilight was, let alone who she was. He hadn't seen any residents of the town walking around all day, only a glimpse of what looked like a zebra, even though he knew it probably wasn't that. He had no choice but to knock on the door, so he did.

It took Spyro a few seconds to comprehend what exactly opened the door. It was a... horse. But unlike any horse he had ever seen. It was light purple, with a darker purple mane and tail, and a pink streak running through them. It had a picture of a six-pointed star with five smaller stars surrounding it on its flank, and a single horn sticking out of its forehead. It's eyes looked like it's been crying.

"Hello?" it said. "Who's ther- AAH!" It screamed, but only for a moment. Then it's purple eyes filled with curiosity. "Are you a dragon? In Ponyville?"

"Um, hi," said Spyro cautiously. "My name's Spyro, and I was wondering if you could help me out. And... you're a talking horse..." he trailed off.

The horse was still in shock but responded anyway. "Actually I'm a pony. A unicorn to be exact. Wait, shouldn't you know that?" It hesitated, as if deciding wether to let a dragon in the house or not. "Oh well, just come in and have a seat. My name's Twilight Sparkle, by the way."

Spyro went inside. The inside of the tree seemed a lot bigger than the outside. It also seemed to be a library, since there were books everywhere stacked neatly on shelves. He sat down in a chair and Twilight sat in a chair across from him.

"So, what are you doing here in Ponyville? Dragons almost never come near pony territory. Well, except for Spike. But..." Her eyes started to water. "He's missing. After I came home, he wasn't here. I looked all over Ponyville, but no one knows where he is." Her eyes suddenly widened. "You're a dragon! You must know where he is!"

Spyro nervously chuckled. "Actually, yes I do know where he is. I guess I owe you an explanation now." Twilight's eyes were filled with hope. She nodded.

"I'm actually not from Equestria. I come from a place called Skylands. You see, I was sent here to stop a villain named Kaos. He is trying to take over Skylands. When I first got here, the first person I met was Spike. We figured out that Kaos had met someone named Discord and they teamed up. They switched universes. That's why I'm here. I can't defeat Kaos alone, and I need your help."

"What about Spike?" she asked.

"Oh right, that." Spyro knew she wasn't going to like this. "Since Spike knew how to defeat Discord and I knew how to defeat Kaos, we um... switched universes, too. So right now Spike is... in Skylands."

"You WHAT?!?!" the unicorn looked angrier than ever. Her horn started glowing a bright pink, and Spyro's body was suddenly engulfed in an aura of the same pink color. He was picked up and swung into a wall by it.

"How could you put Spike in such danger? He could be killed in this Skylands place! Why did you send him to an alternate universe without my permission?"

"I-I'm sorry!" it was hard to talk while being pinned up against a wall. Why was she so angry about this? She must think of Spike as a little brother or something. "L-listen. M-maybe you can help me st-stop Kaos? Then E-Equestria would be saved and you w-would be able to see Sp-Spike again!"

The aura around his body faded and the dragon dropped to the floor. "You're right!" said Twilight. "Spike should be fine on his own for now. He knows how to take care of himself. Equestria is in danger! Where is this Kaos you mentioned?"

"In the city on the mountain," said Spyro, panting. When he caught his breath, he could speak again. "I think it's the capital. He must be trying to overthrow the leader of your world." He paused to think. "Spike mentioned some things called the Elements of Harmony. You think they will have the power to stop Kaos?"

"It's worth a shot," said Twilight. "Luckily, I know where they are. Let's get them and head to Canterlot!"

"Canterlot?"

"The place were Kaos must be heading. Now let's go!" The unicorn sprang up, like she was ready for an adventure. And it was going to be one heck of an adventure for Spyro.

Comments ( 7 )

Is that my picture that I used for my own fanfic?

3888343 I guess it is. Whoops. :twilightblush: Didn't know there was another Skylander Pony crossover out there, I'll have to read yours sometime!

3897913 You are free to read mine if you like.

3897913 I like your story.  Why does it have down votes?

4242002 Thanks, but I know why it has the down votes. It's a crossover fic, and in order to write on of those correctly, you need to properly introduce your characters and blah blah (read the other comments below). I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with this story right now. I could continue it, but I have no idea where I'll go with it. Not to mention I have a million other story ideas I really need to write down. I'll probably just delete this story sooner or later. Thanks anyway though :scootangel:

4269831 Your welcome. Hey want to check out my story Ace Combat: Divided Feelings?

"It's worth a shot," said Twilight. "Luckily, I know where they are. Let's get them and head to Canterlot!"

"Canterlot?"

I can't help it

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P8ghXxXyAuw

Login or register to comment