• Published 17th Mar 2012
  • 1,238 Views, 5 Comments

Slowing Down - Lucefudu



Just a short fanfic about a random day in Rainbow Dash's life.

  • ...
6
 5
 1,238

Author's Notes

Inspired by:

The Crystal Method - Born Too Slow

Just like seventies goofballs, he's waiting on last calls
Well listen, method man, 'cause if you leave on the...
Don't leave on the...

Born just a little too slow!
Just a little too slow!
Just a little too...

Oh, your lives are more than two
Just a little too...

Oh, just a little too... Slow!

Oh, your lives are more than two... Slow!

Oh, your lives are more than two
Just a little too...

Just a little too...

'Cause if you leave him the last...
Don't leave him...
Well listen to method man (Slow!)
Cause if you leave him callin'
You'll know you'll be fallin'
Lights are bummin' low (Born too slow!)
Your shot off and bum and go
Lives are bummin' low (Too slow!)
Your shot off and bum and go
Born just a little too...


Rainbow Dash! She can be a responsible pony too, people! Just give her a chance!

This is just another quickie: I like to experiment with different kinds of writing; in this fanfic, I was trying to show you guys one of Dash's tiresome days in a more simplistic way... hence the major lack of detail and dialogs. I wrote this with Rainbow Dash on my mind... trying to mix the narrative with what mood Rainbow experienced in the moment. In the beginning, she is sloppy and a bigger variety of details can be found; but when she's fully awake: time just seems to fly by. And in the ending, back to the calmness and the sudden return of longer descriptions and details.

If there is one fanfic I'm not proud of, this would be it. But nevertheless, I enjoyed writing it.

Comments ( 3 )

335281 I'm sorry to say that there will not be an explanation/continuation. This was an experiment of mine about a new way of storytelling. One that obviously didn't work out.

I'm happy that you enjoyed it; but I have to be sincere and tell you that this story is one I'm definitely not proud of. I even contemplated deleting it completely... but I guessed that someone might get some enjoyment out of it.

335596
I thought it was kind of a cute idea, shame you don't want to expand on it, it almost demands some sort of pre-amble to answer some of the questions we the readers come up with such as: where did Nightwind come from, what changed to make RD want to 'slow down', and just how far into the future is this considered to be.
Either way, it was a cute one-shot.

Huh? Your not proud of THIS??
This was amazing :rainbowkiss: better than anything I could write by far

Login or register to comment