• Published 15th Dec 2013
  • 1,124 Views, 16 Comments

Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend - Shadowmane PX-41



When the human copies of Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon arrive in Equestria, miraculously still as humans, they go on the journey of their lives.

  • ...
12
 16
 1,124

A Very Lucky Teleport

Diamond and Silver woke up from the teleportation spell, feeling a little woozy and concussed. Like they'd been hit by a grand piano with a hundred strobe lights attached to it. Lucky for them, Twilight was with them, feeling normal as always. She wasn't affected by the spell.

"Owww, man, now I know what being in a coma feels like." Diamond said in a pained voice as she got back up to her feet with some support from her hands.

"Feels like I've been hit by a frying pan over and over again." Silver got to her feet with a little effort and a helping hand from Diamond, "Twilight, Is this how it always feels to teleport?"

"Well yes, for non-unicorns and other life forms." Twilight explained to the two humans as they finally got a glimpse on their surroundings, "Since you originate from the human world and the only portal between our worlds is here in the Crystal Empire, this is the best luck we've had for a while."

"Wait, we're back in the Crystal Empire?" Silver hadn't noticed until now, as she was still shaking the dizziness out of her head. She had now noticed the crystalline everything, "Yes, this is the place!" She excitedly leapt and danced with Diamond, "Diamond, We're almost home!!!"

"Ah, I can't wait to get back." Diamond said once they had finished, "Seeing the shops hustling and bustling, seeing all of our classmates again and most of all, we'll be able to prove to everyone that Equestria does exist after all!"

"But with what?"

"This." Diamond took off her earpieces and showed them to Twilight, She immediately found a red blinking light on the bottom of the pieces, "A good Youtube blogger is never far from her camera."

"Since when did you get into Youtube video producing?" Silver had to ask as they started to walk down the corridors to the portal room.

"Since the CMC were not letting up on making them, I thought to look at these Youtube videos myself." She explained to her friend, "And I was completely swept away by what I saw!" She was starting to talk to herself now, "They were funny, inventive and definetely worth my time."

"So this new um... Blog is it?" Twilight asked Diamond with interest, "It'll be shown to other humans?"

"Exactly." Diamond quickly said to Twilight, "Everyone in Canterlot High's gonna see it once we get back, even Flash."

"Well. It would be good to see him for what I truly am." Twilight accepted what was going to happen before she stopped at the doors, "Well, girls. Here we are." She opened the door, and walked the girls inside, "This is it, you two. The portal to Canterlot High."

"Hold on, we tried to get through this thing before, but every time we tried, it was solid glass." Silver told Twilight from memory, "It's as if it doesn't want us to return home."

"I should have explained to you all when I had the chance." Twilight hung her head a little, "Well, better late than never." She regained her composure, "This portal works on a specific time limit, Opening every 30 moons, which in your world translates to two and a half years." She explained to them all, "And when It does open, it's only active for three days, no more, no less."

"So is this the reason why you couldn't stay with us?" Diamond decided to ask.

"As much as I found your world fascinating, I belonged here in Equestria with my real kind and my real Ponyville friends." Twilight said as she felt the portal before getting a spark of ingenuity, "Hold on. I want to try something."

Twilight took a few steps back from the portal and started to concentrate an aura of alicorn magic. It took her a while to get the power she needed to cast the spell but once she did, she shot what looked like a violent laser beam at the portal glass, causing it to ripple a little before glowing with a powerful white light.

Diamond and Silver were left speechless and went over to feel the portal. To their surprise, it was now working again.

"No way." Was all Silver could say as her hand went straight through the glass and into a white ripple, "How did you do that?"

"Hmmm, interesting." Twilight conjured a notebook and jotted down her new discovery with a quill she conjured up next, "Looks like the portal can be forced open with alicorn magic, maybe only for ponies who have traveled to this alternate world in the past though." She finished writing down her discovery and magicked the notebook away.

"So if you could open this up yourself, then why didn't Sunset Shimmer do the same on the other side?" Silver decided to ask, "It doesn't make any sense if she wanted to abandon Equestria."

"There are three reasons that Sunset couldn't return from the human side." Twilight began, "One. humans, even with pony features still don't have unicorn horns and magic. Two, Sunset Shimmer isn't an alicorn. Finally. Three, Princess Celestia is still a little cross with her about the whole larceny scheme when she got my crown into your world."

"Oh. I guess that explains that." Diamond answered as she pushed her hand into the white ripple, "So we don't need to head to a pony library?"

"Looks like it." Twilight spoke, "The portal's open now, but I don't know for how long. You'd better get home, just in case it closes again."

Diamond and Silver looked at the portal, then looked back at Twilight with some sorrow starting to show.

"You know what's sad?" Diamond asked Twilight as she stood next to the portal, "This is gonna be the last time we ever see you again."

"I could come visit you, if that's what you'd want." Twilight tried to reassure them but found out that it wasn't working.

"As much as we'd like that, we've only got a year of school left. After that we're all grown up and will have probably moved to another part of the human world." Silver explained to her.

"I could live with you all." Twilight said next, a stupid idea but an interesting one nonetheless.

"Twilight. As much as we'd like that second idea as well. You'd probably get confused over a lot of stuff back home." Diamond sadly explained as she pushed her hand through the ripple, "It would be too hard for you to figure out all at once. And remember what you said. You belong in Equestria."

"I see there's no way out of this then?" Twilight asked as the girls started to move through the ripples.

"Goodbye, Twilight." Silver shed a tear before moving through the portal, vanishing in a stream of white light.

"I really want to see more of your world, Twilight." Diamond was about to cry as well, "But you're right, everyone needs to be with their own kind."

"Diamond, don't cry." Twilight looked a little panicky herself, "I'm sure we'll find another way around this." Twilight started to well up some tears as well, "We could try to open another portal to the human world, or-or we could try to figure out a dimension travelling spell or-"

"Twilight. I know this is very sad for you as well. But it's the right thing to do." Diamond explained, "The humans will probably get worried sick about us if they know we've up and vanished."

"There's no other way out of this then?" Twilight grimaced.

"I'm afraid not. It's been a good ride here in Equestria, I've met so many new faces, fought the forces of darkness and all within 5 hours." Diamond began to reflect before starting to cry again, "Oh god, I can't help it. Hug me, Twilight!"

The pony and the teenage girl hugged each other as they let their tears do the work. The last time you ever see someone and you know there's no other way, can be very heartbreaking and saddening indeed. After around a minute of sad hugging, Diamond got to her feet and put her hand through the portal.

"Goodbye, Princess Twilight of both our worlds." Diamond said as she shed one last tear.

"Farewell, Diamond Tiara of the human world. Give my best to Silver, Flash and to all of humankind." Twilight said as Diamond listened to her last words before heading into the portal herself. A white flash and the two humans were gone forever.

_________________________

Diamond and Silver fell through the vortex of light, drooping and shedding a few tears as they went. Their physical appearances were unchanged and they soon reappeared in the courtyard of Canterlot High., with the clock reading 4:00 and the sun starting its' long descent out of the sky. Once they got to their feet, the portal back to Equestria flashed a little before turning back into solid glass again.

"Wow, we've missed a whole day of work." Diamond told Silver as she took notice of the time and pointed it out to Silver Spoon, "Let's just hope no-one notices we went missing. If people do find out, it'd be best if we got the blog up immediately."

"It'll be nice to see everyone again." Silver said as she and Diamond went back inside the school to get their stuff, "Now, if anyone questions our blog and says it isn't real, we privately say to them that we were kidnapped."

"With a blog like this, no-one's gonna question our disappearance." Diamond reassured her as they opened their lockers and grabbed their stuff before heading home for the night.

"Now I know how those kids felt this morning when they'd never see Twilight again." Silver said as she went over to the parking lot to get her car and take it home.

"Yeah, it's sad, but it's how it should be now." Diamond calmly said, "Everyone's back with everyone again, things are peaceful. And my paradox effect has just up and left me."

"I'll see you tomorrow, OK, Diamond?" She said as she opened her car doors to get herself into the driver's seat.

"You too, Silvs." Diamond did the same with her car as she clambered in and maneuvered it out of the lot and headed home for the night, closely followed by Silver.

_____________________________

In the Crystal Empire, Twilight saw the portal turn back into solid glass and shed a tear before turning away from it. As she cried, Shining Armour and Cadence came in and began to comfort her.

"Don't worry, Twily." He said to her, "Everything's back in its' proper place again. Humans are with humans, and ponies are with ponies again. All is as it should be."

"Listen, Twilight. I know you're sad, but this is the way it must be. This is what we need to do." Cadence said with a weird smirk.

"I don't understand. What do you mean by that?" Twilight asked as the two ponies backed away a little.

Suddenly, the two ponies burst into green flames, revealing Chrysalis and Exordaks, who called in more and more grunts to their sides.

"Surprise!" Chrysalis said before pushing Twilight out of her way with her holey hooves and ran up to the portal. Chrysalis tried to push through the portal but was met with glass to the face every time, "Exordaks! It's sealed, you know what to do."

Exordaks lowered her head and blasted a changeling beam at the portal, causing the ripple to appear and become a flash of light again. Twilight looked horrified once she got back up and immediately tried to fire her magic before being cocooned by some grunts aided by Chrysalis.

"No. Don't do it!" Twilight tried to warn the arrogant Changelings as one by one they dashed through the portal and vanished altogether.in the white light, "You'll be causing both our worlds to end!"

"No, We'll bring your world to an end!" Exordaks said as the last of the grunts disappered into the light, "You'll be hanging for the rest of the night. Long enough to watch your precious humans burn!"

Exordaks and Chrysalis ran through the open portal as Twilight began to struggle to break free from the cocoon. She shook and struggled and tried to break free. Eventually she remembered her magic wasn't disable this time and she teleported out and ran to find the real guards of the crystal empire, as well as the real Cadence and Shining Armour.

Author's Note:

End Of Part 10

That's both scary and heartwarming. The two humans are back home now, after a long and arduous adventure across Equestria. But the Changelings are in hot pursuit and ready to end their world with one fell swoop. I will probably have them start the invasion by daylight in the human world, but that may take a while seeing as how I have other fics to attend to. But I'll try my best, guys and gals. See you soon!

Rate
Comment
Like
Follow