• Published 20th Nov 2013
  • 1,487 Views, 64 Comments

Harmony's Warriors Longbox Anthology, Vol. 1 - Avenging-Hobbits



An anthology of various one-shots to help expand the Harmony's Warriors Universe

  • ...
1
 64
 1,487

Captain Equestria Prologue - 03 - Dragged Down by the Stone

Captain Equestria Prologue

Part Three:
"Dragged Down by the Stone"

One Month Later:

“Ma, where ya goin?” Applejack asked as Apple Blossom made her way down the stairs, a determined look on her face. She was dressed in a pair of overalls, and wore her normally flowing blonde mane back in a tight bun.

“Mama’s goin’ to work honey, remember?” Apple Blossom replied, her voice kind, yet rushed as she made a last minute touch up in front of a dirty mirror.

“But Momma why ya’ll gotta go to work?” asked Applejack with her head tilted to the side bit, just so she can get a better look at her mother.

When Apple Blossom didn’t answer, Applejack whimpered and gently tugged on her mother’s tail. She paused and looked at Applejack as she sat in the unplowed dirt. Applejack stared up at her with teary, green eyes stared up at the older mare from under the oversized Stetson she now wore on her head at all times. It was the last remnant of Apple Buck asides from the family photos. Apple Blossom leaned down so that she could look Applejack in the eyes and she forced herself to smile to hide her uncertainty and to give Applejack some comfort.

“Applejack, momma has ta work so that we can keep tha farm, understand? Or else those mean ponies in town’ll take it from us.” Apple Blossom said simply, caressing Applejack’s face with her hoof.

“Okay Momma…” Applejack said, sounding dejected. “Will y’all come home safe? Or are ya gonna work in a mine like Daddy?” she looked at Apple Blossom with a fearful look in her eyes.

Apple Blossom hesitated for a moment, unsure of what to say. “No honey, I’ll be workin’ in town. Don’t you worry none, I’ll be safe. I promise ya that.” she pulled Applejack into a tight hug, running a hoof through the filly’s mane.

“Now ya’ll stay safe ya hear? And listen to yer sister.” Apple Blossom said as she pulled out of the hug, motioning towards Purity, who was busying herself feeding Apple Bloom. Applejack nodded.

“Yes mamma.” She said, nodding her head, once more hugging Apple Blossom’s leg. Apple Blossom’s heart warmed at the sight of the scrawny filly showing such devotion. She leaned down and whispered in Applejack’s ear.

“Be strong AJ, Mama loves you.” Applejack nodded in response and nuzzled her mother’s leg.

“Now go, Purity’s got breakfast ready.” Apple Blossom said, motioning towards the breakfast table. Applejack nodded and started towards the breakfast table, and Apple Blossom started for the front door, giving a final goodbye to her daughters as she stepped out.

//////////////////////

Applejack stood expectantly at the front door, gazing towards the fence, waiting for her mother to return. She was scared and she knew Purity knew it. Apple Bloom probably would’ve known if she wasn’t sleeping. The oncoming twilight looked almost exactly like the day her father had died, and Applejack dreaded the possible appearance of Mr. Belle’s carriage again. Behind her, Purity busied herself with keeping a bowl of soup warm in expectation for their mother's return. On the dinner table sat an old, tarnished oil lamp that provided lighting for the room.

Be strong Applejack. Fer Momma. Applejack thought, gently nudging her father’s hat out of her field of vision as it slid forward. She took a moment to feel the rough old fabric that the hat was made of. Be strong fer daddy… she thought, trying, but failing, to holding back a tear.

“Applejack, come on, it’s almost bedtime…” Purity said, stepping up next to her and sitting down. When Applejack didn’t so much as blink, the older mare looked down. “Don’t worry Applejack…Mama will be fine. She promised she’d come back right?”

Applejack didn’t look away from the fence, her eyes still focused on the gate. “But Daddy had promised he’d come back…and he didn’t…” she said quietly, looking up at Purity with tears in her eyes. She all of a sudden pulled the older mare into a hug. “I don’t want that ta happen ta Mama…”

Purity hesitated, but with a sad sigh she gently put her arm around the younger filly and looked towards the gate. Like Applejack, she was hoping that her own prayers for her mother’s safety had been answered. She felt as if a massive burden was placed on her back. How would she raise Applejack and Apple Bloom without her mother? Would they be able to stay, or would they be forced to leave the farm? She looked down at Applejack, who was still crying softly into Purity’s leg.

Please be safe Mother…for Applejack’s sake. Purity thought, looking back towards the gate. Her eyes narrowed however, when they caught sight of a figure walking towards the gate in the twilight. It looked like a mare, but from this distance and in the rapidly dimming light it was hard to tell. The figure paused at the fence, apparently fiddling with the lock. Purity gently nudged Applejack, making sure not take her eyes off the fence.

“Applejack, stay here okay? I’ll be right back.” With those words, she started down the stairs, trotting towards the front gate.

“Alrighty, who’s there?” she called out as she neared the figure, the sun having now set behind the rolling hills on the horizon. The figure looked up and let out what Purity understood as a tired sigh of relief.

“Purity, it’s me, yer ma.” The figure said. Purity let out her own sigh of relief as she finally got close enough to spot her mother in the growing darkness.

“Oh thank Celestia yer alright!” she said as she undid the lock of the gate and pulled her mother in for a tight hug. “Me and Applejack were gettin’ worried…”

Apple Blossom simply hugged Purity back. “Oh no need. Workin’ in town ain’t that bad.” She chuckled, as Purity lead her back to the house. As the two neared the house, Purity took notice of the way Apple Blossom carried herself. Despite the relieved smile on her mother’s face, she looked tired and worn out, as if she had been stretched out and squeezed like a piece of rubber. She hoofsteps where slower than before, and they dragged slightly.

“Momma, ya’ll okay? Ya look a little beat.” Purity said, looking at her mother with concern.

“Oh nonsense Purity, I’m fine. Just a little tired after work is all. Don’t you worry none.” Her mother replied, waving a hoof dismissively. Purity was about to ask another question when the sound of scampering hooves greeted their ears and a tired, yet deeply loving smile came across Apple Blossom’s face at the sight of Applejack running towards them, a huge smile plastered on the filly’s face.

“MOMMA!” The young filly cheered she leap into the air and attack hugged Apple Blossom, sending the two playfully rolling along the ground.

“Applejack!” Purity reprimanded.

Apple Blossom looked up at Purity and smiled. “Oh don’t worry, I’m happy ta be home. Come Applejack, let’s go in.” with that, the two ponies stood up and followed Purity inside.

Once inside, Apple Blossom let out a long sigh and sat at the dinner table, her shoulders sagging slightly from the long day’s work. Applejack perched herself on the chair next to her and leaned against her.

“I’m so happy yer safe momma…” she said softly, nuzzling her slightly. Apple Blossom chuckled quietly and put a arm around the tiny filly’s shoulder.

“Me too, Applejack, me too.” She replied. Purity meanwhile, busied herself brewing up some tea on the old stove. After a few moments, she poured a cup of tea and some warm soup and set it before Apple Blossom.

“So, momma, how’d it go?” Purity asked as she sat down next to her mother. Apple Blossom thanked her for the tea and soup and took a sip of each.

“Went well, went well…” she replied, letting out another sigh. “Hopefully, tha boss’ll be nice and let me stay on.” She then turned to look out the window towards the unplowed fields.

“Them fields need plowin’,” she thought aloud, her eyes distant. Applejack shifted slightly, unsure of what to make of her mom’s words. Was she going to go and work even more?

“Momma, iffin’ ya want, I can ask the neighbors ta help ‘round the farm…” Purity started. Apple Blossom shook her head.

“No need fer that. We Apples never take charity. We pull ourselves up, no matter what and get tha job one.” Apple Blossom replied, her voice oddly terse. Applejack looked up at her mother, concerned at what had made her all of a sudden so stern.

“Mamma ya’ll can’t plow them fields yerself,” Purity said, sounding vaguely frustrated. “Even when Pa did it, he usually got some help." There was a heavy pause between them as Purity waited for a response from Apple Blossom. "What about the Heartstrings? They're nice folks and I'm pretty sure they'd be willin' ta help iffin we asked.” Purity continued, her voice heavy with concern.

Apple Blossom shifted in the chair. “Don’t ya’ll go askin’ fer help when it should be offered Purity. Iffin tha Heartstrings really wanna help, than they can come an' offer. No use makin' ourselves look like fools.” She replied bluntly.

“Alright then Mama," Purity responded, looking towards her mother worriedly. Apple Blossom seemed to notice Purity's worried look, and she leaned towards her slightly.

“No need to worry, angel, we'll get by. Just as we always do.” She said, her voice returning to its normal loving tone. She then glanced towards the old clock on the wall. “Is Apple Bloom sleepin’?”

Applejack nodded, “Yeah she is, ma.”

A distant, tired smile came across Apple Blossom’s face. “Good, that’s good.” She said quietly, her voice sounding tired and exhausted. The clock continued to tick, with Apple Blossom quietly going about her soup.

"That's a wonderful soup ya made Purity," Apple Blossom sighed contently as she finished the soup.

"Welcome ma, least I could do," Purity replied simply. There was another pause, with the clock chiming at the pass of the hour. Apple Blossom looked up at the clock and exhaled through her nose quietly. "Come on than girls, it's way past yer bed time..." She said as she stood up slowly and beckoned for Applejack and Purity to follow her. The three earth ponies made their way upstairs, with Purity being sure to blow out the oil lamp.

///////////////////

Apple Blossom lay in the bed, unable to fall asleep. Her body was exhausted, but her mind was still active. The bed felt noticeably empty. To her left was an open space of bed, left ready and waiting for the stallion she knew would never come. She remembered how he would come home, tired from a long days work either plowing the fields or bucking apples, and how he would flop down in the bed, letting out a contented sigh. He would normally spend the night snuggling with her, each of them enjoying the other's company.

But that was all gone now, torn away from her by forces she could in no way control. Her eyes drifted towards their wedding photo, now faded from age and barely visible in the pre-dawn twilight.

"Oh Bucky..." she whispered, her voice heavy with emotion. "I don't know what ta do...I've already paid this month's rent, but the children need new clothes, Applejack has her asthma, an’ the house needs that new stove and the roof leaks...” she let out a heavy sigh. “I just don’t know how I’m gonna be able ta do this.” she sniffed slightly as her eyes started to water.

“Oh Bucky I miss ya so much...” she sobbed, reaching for the old photo and clutching it. Her tears flowed freely, staining the rough pillow she was resting on.

*knock* *knock* *knock*

Apple Blossom stopped crying and looked towards the door. “Who is it?” she asked, still sniffing.

“It’s Applejack Mama...” the small voice of her daughter said. She sounded frightened.

“What’s wrong hon?” Apple Blossom asked.

“I had a nightmare Mama...” Applejack said, her voice trembling.

Apple Blossom’s expression instantly softened. She climbed out of bed and opened the door. There stood Applejack, dressed in her white nightgown, looking up at her with pleading emerald eyes.

“Come ‘ere Applejack,” Apple Blossom beckoned, leaning down and letting the young filly walk up and hug her tightly. “What kinda nightmare didja have?” she asked, brushing the filly’s flowing blonde mane out of her face.

“I dreamed that you, Purity an’ ‘Bloom died and left me alone...” Applejack cried, burying herself into her mother’s shoulder, sobbing. Apple Blossom tightened the hug and rocked her distraught daughter back and forth, shushing her gently.

“Oh don’t worry Applejack...that’s never gonna happen, I promise ya. We’re always gonna be a family. Don’t worry.”

“I don’t wanna be alone Mama...don’t leave me alone...” Applejack continued, her crying having calmed slightly. she tightened her hug around Apple Blossom.

“Don’t worry, I won’t leave ya...come now,” she scooped Applejack up and gently carried the now softly crying filly over to the bed, laying her down gently, Apple Blossom lay down next to her, bundling the two of them in the covers. “That better?”

Applejack nodded. “Yes Mama...much better.” she snuggled up against Apple Blossom and almost instantly fell asleep. Apple Blossom let out a quiet sigh. She looked back towards the wedding photo, which now rested on the bed next to her. Reaching for it, she gently perched it back on the shelf. Her smile was wistful as she looked between it and the sleeping filly in her arms.

“Bucky,” she whispered, settling her eyes on the photo. “I won’t let her down. I promise ya that.”

///////////////////

Applejack awoke to the distant sound of the rooster crowing in the distance. Yawning, she sat up in her mother’s bed, rubbing away the last vestiges of sleep. Down below, she could hear the voices of her mother and eldest sister talking downstairs. Their tone, however, carried with it a strong sense of strife between the two voices.

"Mama, please listen ta me, I can't let ya work yerself like this!" Purity could be heard pleading.

"Purity, I've told ya enough times, I'll be fine. Stop worryin' yerself. I'm just plowin' tha field is all, or else we won't have a crop ready for next applebuck season." Applejack heard her mother say, followed by the sounds of shuffling hooves.

"Mama, listen, just let me do it, I mean ya barely slept a wink last night, ya need rest mama..." Purity insisted.

"No I don't, Purity. Now let me work." With those words, Applejack heard the front door creak open, then swing shut. Applejack scampered out of the bed and to the window that overlooked the fields behind the house. She could make out her mother trotting out towards the old plow that sat at the end of the field through the condensation on the window. A foggy mist hung over the field as her mother put on the yoke and started to pull.

Applejack expression turned worried. She remembered how hard her father had to work in order to plow the field, there was no way her mother could do the same. She started down the staircase, running as fast as her skinny legs could carry her thin frame. Her mother needed help, and Applejack was determined to help her.

She spotted Purity sitting in the kitchen, a frustrated expression on her face. She was looking out the window as well.

“Purity, what’s Mama doin’?” Applejack asked.

“Plowin’.” Purity answered simply. Applejack started for the door, ignoring her sister’s protests for her to stay inside.

“Mama!” she called out, running towards her mother, who continued to pull the plow with dogged determination. “Mama let me help ya!” Applejack called again, running up next to her mother.

Her mother looked down at her, already dripping with lather and sweat despite the cool morning air. her eyes had thick bags underneath them, betraying her lack of sleep. A thin, sad smile was on her face.

“Applejack, why aren’t ya eatin’ yer breakfast yet?” She asked, coming to a stop. Her voice was just as tired as her eyes. Applejack shook her head.

“Mama lemme help ya, please!” she begged.

Her mother shook her head. “Honey, ya know I can’t do that. I’ve gotta do this mahself. Now go inside and eat yer breakfast.” with those words she started to tug at the plow again, causing it to inch ahead slowly, splitting the soil open as the sharp end pushed forward.

“But Mama! Please!” Applejack insisted again, tugging at the reigns. Her mother shook her head, turning her head to look at Applejack sternly.

“Applejack, please, let Mommy work. Now go inside.” she ordered, her tone stern. Applejack looked at her mother, her face sad and confused. Why wouldn’t Mother let her help? She obviously needed all the help she could get, so why did she refuse? She could see that her mother’s eyes carried a deep seated sadness in them, as if her mother were crying on the inside but refused to let it show on the outside, instead adopting a hardline expression.

“But Mama...” Applejack pleaded, this time her voice small and frail.

“Go. Inside.” Her mother ordered again, this time with a touch of sadness. Applejack felt herself deflate, and nodded sadly.

“Yes Mama.” she said forlornly, turning around and walking slowly towards the house, head hung low. As she walked she could hear her mother start pulling the plow again, breathing heavily with the exertion. Applejack cast a sad glance back towards her mother, watching helplessly as her mother continued forward. She could have sworn she saw tears falling from her mother’s eyes, but was unsure if the droplets really were tears, or simply the sweat dripping from her mother’s brow. Letting out a sad sigh, Applejack turned and walked back to the house, unable to bear the sight of her mother in such a state.

///////////////////

The summer and autumn passed by all too slowly for Applejack. Since her mother started working, Applejack had seen less and less of her, as her mother took new job, after new job. Soon she had so many that Applejack would only catch an occasional glimpse of her in the early morning or late at night. Applejack had also noticed a change in her mother’s personality. She had lost much of the warmth that Applejack remembered, instead replaced by an almost constant sense of heavy sadness and exhaustion. Her normally long, flowing orange mane was now cut shorter, with split ends and the color had faded from it. Her coat, once an almost golden shade of yellow, was now dull and faded. She had also lost quite a bit of weight, often by skipping meals, always saying “I’ll get something on the way to work”

Whenever Applejack would ask for a reason for all this, Apple Blossom would look down at her and state simply: “To provide for you.” her voice always thin and sad.

And so it went for months on end. Soon, winter came with all it’s force. Snow began to fall, coating the ground with a thick layer of white powder. The temperatures dropped into the negative numbers, and ice would frequently jam the pipes. The home would become cold and drafty, the only warmth coming from the fire place. In spite of this, her mother continued working, often shoveling snow for the unicorns in town for extra pay. She’d come home, shivering violently inspite of the thick layers of clothing she wore. More often than not, she’d only have a quick bowl of hot soup and some tea before going out again, this time to make sure the cows’ udders hadn’t frozen or some other farm related duty. Than she’d come back inside and set about deicing the pipes.

That is, until one particularly frigid December day.

///////////////////

The wind blew across the farm as Applejack stood in the doorway, her tiny frame bundled up in several thick layers of clothing. Her eyes scanned the horizon, fraught with worry.

Apple Blossom had once more insisted on going to work, regardless of the freezing temperatures that day. No matter what Purity had said to prevent her from leaving, Apple Blossom had insisted and could not be swayed. So now here Applejack was, waiting hopefully for her mother’s return. Her sister had resigned herself to taking over Mother’s duty with raising Apple Bloom, and was now sitting in front of the fire, with Apple Bloom bundled in swaddling cloth.

Applejack, however, was determined to wait for her mother’s return. She felt herself tense up when her eyes caught sight of a familiar shape against the white backdrop. She trotted out to the front porch, calling out towards Purity as she yanked at least three scarfs off the wall as she went, wrapping them around her neck. “Purity! It’s Mama!” By the time Purity responded, she was already trudging through the snow, making a beeline towards her mother, who was dragging herself through the snow as well.

“Mama!” She called out, a cloud forming in front of her face as she shouted. Her mother looked up towards her, a weak smile on her face. she lifted an arm to wave, but instead stumbled forward. Applejack instantly moved to her side, doing her best to catch the older mare before she could fall over.

“Mama you alright?” She asked, putting an arm up to prop her mother up as best she could. She looked into her mother’s face to see her looking awfully pale. Her mother nodded weakly.

“I’m fine Applejack, *cough* no need ta worry...*cough* *cough*” A long series of hacking coughs cut off her sentence as Applejack bit her lip, and called towards the house as loud as she could.

“Purity! Purity!” she could see Purity walking out of the house, herself now bundled up tightly.

“Applejack I told ya ta stay inside and wait fer me!” she said, her voice stern as she walked up. The disappointed look on Purity’s face however, almost instantaneously transformed to deep concern when she saw their mother.

“Mama y’all okay? Ya look sick?” she instantly reached a hoof to her mother’s forehead. “And yer burning up! Come let’s get ya inside.” She stepped next to Applejack and took Apple Blossom and started towards the house, Applejack following close behind.

///////////////////

Apple Blossom flopped down in the chair at the kitchen table, still shivering from the cold. Every so often she would let out a deep, whooping cough that caused her to hunch over slightly. Purity busied herself over the stovetop, cooking up some hot soup. Applejack meanwhile, had shed her jackets and coats and was busy wrapping up her mother in layer after layer of warm clothing.

Purity turned from the stove and set the steaming hot bowl of soup in front of her mother.

“There ya go Momma, nice and hot.” she said, sitting down next to Apple Blossom and reaching around to rub her in order to keep her warm. Apple Blossom smiled thinly and took a sip.

“Thank ya very much *koff* but I swear I’m fine *koff*. Just a little cou-*koff-koff* cough is all.” she said, her voice raspy from all the coughing.

“No you’re not Mama, yer sick. I’m gonna call the Doctor.” Purity said, getting up from her chair and making her way towards the door. Before she could get far, Apple Blossom reached out and grabbed her.

“Nonsense *koff* I don’t need no *hack**koff* doctor.” She insisted, dragging herself to her hooves and standing for a second. She didn't last, however, as her wobbly legs gave way and she collapsed to the floor, seized in a vicious coughing fit. Purity and Applejack both ran to her side and dragged the older mare to her hooves.

"Come on Applejack, we gotta get Mama in bed now." Purity said. Applejack nodded and helped bring their mother up the stairs, who was still hacking and coughing violently.

///////////////////

The Doctor, a caramel coated unicorn pony with horn rimmed glasses and a brown mane, let out a heavy sigh as he stepped out of Apple Blossom’s bed room, the constant hacking and coughing of Apple Blossom filtering through the doorway.

“I’m sorry Miss. Purity, but there’s nothing I can do.” he said, his voice heavy. Applejack looked up at Purity, who was shaking her head.

“No Doc, please tell me there’s something...” Purity pleaded, and Applejack noticed that her eyes were watering. The doctor shook his head.

“I’m sorry, but there’s nothing I can do. Her fever is at least 105 degrees if not more. She has to have some rest. I’ll hopefully be able to check back on her tomorrow,” he gently put a hoof on Purity’s shoulder. “You have my deepest condolences.” he stated simply, his voice heavy. With that, he levitated his thick coat onto his body and started down the stairs, the sound of the door opening and closing indicating him leaving. Purity simply stood there, unmoving, the tears now making themselves evident.

Applejack, however, was unable to show any emotion. It wasn’t because she wasn’t feeling any, but she simply couldn’t process it. It was simply too much. How could her mother be dying? She was just fine a few weeks ago. Why did it have to be her? Why her and not one of those mean unicorns? Why did this have to happen to her? Her mother was a good mare, the kindest and gentlest mare Applejack had ever seen. Why did she have to suffer? Had she committed some secret wrong? All this only managed to make Applejack simultaneously angry, confused and grief stricken. First her father had died, snuffed out like a candle, and now her mother was in bed, slowly withering away. She could still hear the hacking coughs and groans of pain that came from her mother.

“D-dears,” she heard her mother choke out, her voice a deathly whisper.

“Momma,” Applejack finally whimpered, scampering into the room. Purity resigned herself to stand in the doorway, quietly sobbing.

“I’m here Momma! I’m here!” Applejack said, coming to the side of the bed and leaning in close to her mother. Her mother was now deathly pale, her golden coat now completely faded to pale greyish green. On her face was a paper thin smile, and her eyes drifted towards Applejack. Her eyes now looked as if they were dead, with all the color and life drained from them.

“Oh Applejack...” Apple Blossom whispered, her voice a half-dead croak. She slowly reached a hoof to caress Applejack’s face gently. Before she had a chance to properly reach Applejack, she was seized in another booming coughing. Applejack stood by, not knowing how to do anything to stop her mother from coughing and simply watched helplessly, tears in her eyes.

"Yes Mama?" She said, leaning closer as her mother beckoned her to come closer. Her mother's coughing subsided and she let out a wheeze.

"A-Applejack, I want ya ta*koff**hack* ta-take care of 'Bloom, alri-*cough*-alright?" Apple Blossom whispered. Applejack nodded.

"Yes Mama," she cried, wiping a tear from her eye. Apple Blossom smiled thinly.

"Good girl," she replied, "An-and li-listen ta Pur-*koff*-Purity alright? Promise me that?"

Applejack nodded rapidly, her eyes watering as tears stained her cheeks. Apple Blossom seemed to notice Applejack's tears because she let out a sound that Applejack assumed was a shushing noise, but due to all her coughing, it sounded more like a strangulated wheeze. She rested a hoof on Applejack's shoulder.

"Oh dear, look," she put her hoof on Applejack's chin so that Applejack could see her eyes. Applejack couldn't help but smile thinly. She noticed that her mother's eyes once more had a glint of hope in them. The look on her mother's face was one of pure pride.

"Don't cry now ya hear?" Her mother cooed. "It'll all be o-*koff-koff*-okay. An' remember, an Apple never gives up," she then suddenly looked very serious and her eyes stared into Applejack's, as if she suddenly felt compelled to tell her some deeply profound. Applejack noticed that her eyes seemed to be watering.

"Applejack, promise me that you'll never give up. Ever. Promise me?" Her voice cracked slightly on the last word, as if she were holding back a sob.

Applejack nodded gently. "I promise Mama, I promise." she said quietly. Apple Blossom's expression softened and she lay her head back down on the pillow, her faded blue eyes awash with intense and endless relief.

She then smiled slightly, seemingly taking special notice of something. "You have yer dad's eyes ya know..." She whispered as she smiled sadly, her energy obviously completely spent. "Just like Bucky's..." She whispered, as she exhaled slowly and closed her eyes, her face the picture of serene peace. Applejack's lower lip trembled as she held back tears. She reached out a hoof and gently touched her mother's hoof.

"M-mama?" She asked, her voice cracking with sadness as her hoof felt how icy cold her mother's hoof had become. Oh Celestia no... She thought as she reached out and gently shook her mother's body.

"M-Mama?! Mama?!" She cried, tears streaming from her eyes as the truth of the situation dawned on her. Letting out a stifled sob she clutched her mother's limp hoof.

"P-please don't leave me..." She finally sobbed, her cries of anguish soon filling the room.

Comments ( 21 )

4300902
Agreed. Nine shouldn't be skipped.
He's Fantastic!

(Yes, I went there.)

...Would a Pulp Fiction Parody be too much to ask for?

4503941 No it wouldn't because I've been waiting for an excuse.

But it would be it's own verse for maximum fun (Also no way to do Pulp Fiction with a teen rating)

4503962
Yay!

Is Shining Motherbucking Armor going to be Jules Winnfield?

4504053 Actually I always pictured SHining armor as Vincent Vega and Applejack as Jules

4504087
Okay.

When will it be out? After Phase 3?

4504096 Eh, I just might start it once Iron Mare is done.

Which should be rather soon (releatively speaking)

4656828 yeah this is actually AFTER Soar, its just that things are still chaotic over at NEIGHS.

4657706 That is a question I cannot answer at this time.

Mostly because I myself have no answer.

Shrug of God there:rainbowlaugh:

4658258 Well, I don't know exactly.

Kinda don't wanna let too much info out toosoon, but then again its a Foregone Conclusion.

4656845
Sorry about that, I was a little distracted when writing the comment, otherwise I would have remembered that tidbit. Did you get the soul gaze idea from The Dresden Files? Did the Doctor give Pinkie the screwdriver, or did she take it?

4658347 the Doc gave her the screwdriver and yes that soul gaze thing was from the dresden files

4658419
Got it. Huh, maybe you could do Longbox stories about that mess Dean and the others were dealing with and what happened in Istanbull sometime?

4658430 Yeah maybe.

I know that my version of Dean and Cas won't sell their souls to Satan or go to Hell or any of that bullshit.

4667118 end of Flutterhulk.

Trust me, come Harmony's Warriors Assembled, you MUST be up to date on all the stuff I've got written so far

4699887 If by that you mean the movie, then yes.

Pretty good. I'll get started on Captain Equestria now. See ya next time.

4807425 well, Clint Barton is deaf in the comics, and I thought it would a nifty little bit of added ambiance/qurik to Pinkie.

Admittedly, I could have made it flow better, but I was just getting sick and tired of this sitting in my google drive like some sort of half dead zombie hobo who hadn't had a bath in a year

5396328 Yeah, I did:twilightblush: We (the co-writers and I) had kinda devolved into a passive aggressive cold war over it and it was causing me some anguish, so I just decided 'fuck it' and went back to normal.

Things have mellowed considerably since then.

Now, to answer your first question, the reason I made Pinkie religious was because one: I'm religious myself and wanted an excuse to mention it somehow, and secondly, since the Vinyl-as-Daredevil fic is going to be happening, I needed to at least establish that religion (since Vinyl is obviously going to be a rather loyal member). It technically ISN'T Catholic, since I figured it'd be harder to explain a direct copy of Catholicism in a completely different universe. Hence, I actually made it more akin to a ramshackle stitching together of Catholicism and Judaism. Like, I haven't quite figured out the details and nitty gritty, but yeah there you go. I used The Lord's Prayer because the original idea a friend had suggested was 'Prayer of Shining Path' or something like that, and I just felt it was too ambiguously Buddist for my tastes (no offense to any Buddhists who might be reading this), and I wanted to make it clear that wasn't the case. So I just used an old Christian prayer.

I hope that makes sense.

And as for the hearing aids, it turns out that Hawkeye is actually deaf in the comics, so I wanted to integrate that here. Now of course, this means I have to explain HOW she became deaf, and all that type of stuff. I'm pretty sure I can work in her hearing aids malfunctioning in Assembled, but obviously they won't be breaking all the time.

Login or register to comment