• Published 20th Nov 2013
  • 1,485 Views, 64 Comments

Harmony's Warriors Longbox Anthology, Vol. 1 - Avenging-Hobbits



An anthology of various one-shots to help expand the Harmony's Warriors Universe

  • ...
1
 64
 1,485

02 - Trottingham Pie (Part II)

Trottingham Pie (Part II):

Lin Beifong woke up with a yawn, sliding herself upright in bed, rubbing away her sleep and stretched. As she struggled to gather any kind of awareness of her surroundings, she took a look at the neon green lit numbers glaring straight into her eyes..

6:45 AM? She thought to herself, barely able to string two thoughts together. Much too early for this type of thing, she let out an amused chuckle, I must be getting old if I’m thinking like that.

Without a second thought, she sat up at a perfect ninety degree angle and moved from the rather intact top of the bed, remembering that she’d always been an unsettlingly peaceful and immobile sleeper. Finally out of bed, she took a few moments to stretch out her body, allowing the chi to have a more fluid movement throughout her veins should the need arise to arm herself with magic. Eventually, after hearing the satisfied sound of several pops coming from her joints and her spine, she saw it best to leave her uncomfortably lavish chambers and freshen up some.

Tired but still with full mental capacities, she moved slowly and methodically to her rooms spacious shower and stepped into it, careful not to knock over the tiny soaps and shampoos and reached her off-green arm for the faucet. “Damn,” she swore as she turned on the water to the shower, letting loose an attack of near freezing water upon her coat and completing her process of waking up.

“Someone is trying to kill me,” she began to think out loud as she rubbed the shampoo all over her coat, quickly building up the suds from the soap. Lin then smiled. “Trying. That’s about as far as they ever get,” she grinned, turning off the water just as it was getting warm and exiting the shower.

As she prepared herself in the mirror in the bathroom, she heard the sound of the only other shower in the hotel room running. She nodded slightly, a mildly impressed look on her face. “Damn light weights,” she began to dry off her coat and tail. “These assassins they attack me with now,” she continued to talk to herself as she finished her arm and folded her towel, seeing the red rust from the corner of her eye on her weapon of choice, her meteor hammer, seeing it as a trophy from several hard fought battles. “I suppose they just don’t make them like they used to.”

“...you just looked kinda out of it is all,” she heard a voice say from the living room. She assumed it was one of the NEIGHS agents they had sent her, if her insufferably upbeat and chipper tone was any indication.

“I was tired, Pinkie” a more reserved voice. “Not everypony is made out of sugar and caffeine like you are.” Assumedly, the second voice was that of the other agent. “I was busy the night before with a lot of stuff you know we’re not supposed to talk about.”

Beifong meanwhile, moved from her own room and let out a final yawn as she began to boil her water for some instant coffee, preferring the simple flavor of the army she was once a part of, as oppose to anything fanciful like the fillies she was forced to work with on a day to day basis.

What are those two spooks even talking about? Lin asked herself, turning to open the bedroom door and step into the living room. She was greeted with the sight of several bags and a pair of suitcases open, with a mix of what looked like uniforms of some kind, along with various pieces of equipment, including several arrows, a compound bow and a large quiver. She also heard the sound of what sounded like praying, and turned to see the bright pink pony from yesterday sitting by the window, her eyes closed and hooves clasped together, seemingly praying to herself.

“General,” came another voice, and Beifong spun around to see the gray NEIGHS agent, Marble, having apparently just stepped out of the shower. “She’s praying, if that’s what you’re wondering.” The agent said, glancing towards the pink pony across from them.

“Praying?” Beifong asked, arching an eyebrow. She hadn’t particularly been expecting an agent from that organization to be of the pious sort.

Marble then smiled, taking a long drink of her hazelnut coffee and letting the warmth flood every corner of her body. “Praying,” Marble repeated back. “Yahweh, again if you were wondering. It… helps give her some level of…” she stammered, apparently trying to think of a word, but seemingly couldn’t the get morning drowsiness to leave her.

“Absolution?” Lin pushed further.

“Sure, let’s go with that,” Marble said smoothly, nodding her head as she sat down. “In our line of work, it helps to think there’s something… more out there. That the killing isn’t for the sake of following orders.”

“You joined to protect others, didn’t you?” Beifong asked, squinting her eyelids at the mare with the cup of coffee. “Shouldn’t that be enough?”

“For a lot of us, yeah it is, but Pinkie…” Marble trailed off, her expression growing distant as she looked down at the floor. She ran her tongue along her lips briefly, before sighing slightly. “I’ll just say that she’s got a little more on her mind than just protecting others and leave it at that.” she finally answered, finally looking up at Beifong.

Beifong narrowed her eyes slightly, before relaxing slightly. “Fair enough,” she said, deciding that Marble’s behavior could be chalked up to some vague personal issue Beifong couldn’t care less about.

Marble meanwhile, gave Beifong a confident smile, before motioning towards the praying Pinkie. “She’d actually make a great priest if she put her mind to it, if you can believe it.”

“I don’t believe it.” Beifong said flatly.

“Well, that’s just your opinion then, General,” Marble said with a shrug. “It’s just how she is and if it helps keep my sister on the right track, don’t expect me to raise any objections,” she answered, picking up the black and white catsuit and slipping into it. She then turned towards her sister, who was apparently finishing up whatever prayer she was reciting. “It’s better than what some of our guys get into to cope with the shell shock.” she added sagely.

“...for Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever and ever. Amen.” With those final words, the bright pink pony opened her eyes and looked at General Beifong. “Mornin’ General! How ya feelin’ this morning? Anypony try and off you overnight?”

Beifong raised an eyebrow ever so slightly. “Just fine, Agent Pie, and no,” she smiled very slightly. “Nopony tried to ‘off me’ last night.”

“Oh good!” Pinkie chirped, turning to look at Marble. “Done with your shower, Sis?”

Marble nodded. “Yup. It’s all yours, Pinks.”

Pinkie nodded, a smile spreading on her face. “Okie dokie loki!” she giggled, grabbing a towel and briskly trotting into the bathroom. Beifong watched Pinkie warily, only looking away once the bathroom door was closed.

“Didn’t think you governmental killer types were religious.” she said sternly, taking a seat at the table by the window. Marble lowered her eyebrows slightly.

“We are not killers,” Marble bit back, some resentment creeping into her tone at the statement. “We’re guards, first and foremost. We only kill as the last resort,” Marble finished rather tersely, only causing Beifong to raise her eyebrows again.

“Well, I’m sorry if I have a difficult time believing the pony who showed up in an armored catsuit with a sister who looks like the sane version of Bullseye.” she emphasized her statement by standing up and walking to pour herself some more coffee. “Relatively speaking, of course.”

“You’ve encountered Bullseye before?” came Marble’s voice, losing some of it’s terseness and instead becoming ever so uneasy. Beifong nodded, pouring the tea into the cup slowly and calmly.

“Yes, I have. Nearly choked the punk out too,” she admitted, smiling proudly, confident with the knowledge that to say such a thing was impressive, as Bullseye wasn’t one of the lightweights she’d been complaining about only a few minutes ago. “But it was close, and if my security detail hadn’t shown up in force only a few seconds later, she might have been able to turn the tables on me, but,” she paused to take a breath. “If I know anything about that psychopath, it is that she was damn good at her job,” she began to stir in some sugar into her coffee. “Why? It sounded like that name rang a bell when I mentioned it. Do you think she’s the one the Crimson Tide has sent her after me?”

“Dunno,” Marble remarked coolly, briefly pausing to clear her throat before continuing. “I mean it’s not totally impossible, at least, but it’s very unlikely that she’ll resurface any time soon. NEIGHS dealt with her around, what? Eight or nine years ago?”

Beifong smiled thinly, pouring an additional cup of tea for the grey mare. “Well that’s quite a relief isn’t it?” she said, placing the twin cups on a matching set of plates and levitating them over to the table, where she slid one towards Marble. Marble took it in hoof, taking a sip.

“Were you the one who finally disposed of Bullseye? Or am I not allowed to know that kind of information?” Beifong asked, keeping a close eye on the grey earth pony’s expressions and body language. Beifong could tell full well that she was getting under the other pony’s skin, and was determined to see what this agent was hiding.

Marble shifted her weight on her flanks slightly as she sat down, taking another sip of coffee before answering. “It wasn’t me strictly, no, but I was a part of the team that brought her in. Hardest mission I was ever a part of, too. There was a hostage situation and everything,” Marble was obviously being careful, dancing around the question, not giving the veteran any real information, seemingly sensing that she probably was saying too much. She halted, furrowing her brow slightly. “Let’s just say it was a rather frustrating experience for all involved.” She finished, sitting up straight and making her expression rather bland.

“Who was the hostage?” Beifong asked, once more keeping her eyes fixed on Marble. Marble shook her head, her expression harding.

“That’s classified information, General. You know full well I’m not at liberty to discuss it.”

Typical spook, Beifong thought, her disdain for espionage surfacing in her mind. She knew that she probably hit a brick wall in the line of questioning anyways, so she decided to drop it. No use trying to break through something that was very likely impenetrable. The sound of humming caught her ears, and Beifong looked towards the bathroom to see the pink agent stepping out of the bathroom, her mane now dripping wet and hanging around her head, perfectly straight.

“What’s up guys? Were ya talkin about me? I swear my ears were on burning.” Pinkie said, smiling smartly as she waltz over towards the random assortment of equipment and weaponry and looked over it.

Beifong narrowed her eyes, the pink mare’s mane bringing back very particular memories. “Yes, yes we were,” she said slowly, glancing briefly towards Marble, who looked noticeably unsettled. Beifong looked back at Pinkie, narrowing her eyes even more.

“You wouldn’t happen to know what happened to Bullseye would you?” she asked flatly, and felt a sense of satisfaction as Pinkie’s eyes widened noticeably and her pupils dilated. Beifong smiled grimly, already running through the memories of her last encounter with Bullseye in her mind. Memories of an old factory, with the earth pony holding a small knife Bei Fong's throat while a weighted rope was wrapped around Bullseye’s own causing the assassin’s breaths to come in small gasps and the sounds of a group of guards nearing.

///////////////////////

“Good luck trying to escape, murderer. The police under my command are the best in the business. Even if you do kill me, you’ll never get away from them without being seen. They will hunt you past the ends of the Earth, and even further!” Beifong spat, both praising and bluffing the skills of the detectives under her lead. “There’s a reason there called the Kindaichi Detectives.”

Bullseye’s grip tightened slightly, and the knife pushed against Beifong's throat. The assassin leaned uncomfortably close Bei Fong's ear, before whispering harshly.

“You win this round, Chief,” the assassin hissed, slipping her knife with a quick flip of her wrists and to the opposite side the hoof handling the weapon. “But remember… you can call a rain check on me anytime you like, but sooner or later...” And with that, the pressure on Beifong’s neck was relieved and there was a slight gust of wind as the assassin vanished into the shadows. “It’s gonna be party time!”

///////////////////////

The former commander simply sided the thought, making mental preparations for later. If her suspicions were confirmed, then she would need to act out of sight from Agent Pie’s partner, and if they weren’t, then she simply prefered not to think of the consequences.

“Well?” She asked again, this time a little more insistent. “Do you know anything or not? Because if you do, then-”

She was cut off by Pinkie turning to look directly at her. “Ma’am,” the pink pony began, her voice more resolute than Lin had thought. ”I can make a 100% bona fide Pinkie Promise that Bullseye will never, ever come back, or my name isn’t Pinkie Diane Pie!” she said, sticking her hoof in her eye, seemingly at random.

Beifong kept her eyes fixed on Pinkie as she slowly stood up, walking over to grab her uniform off a nearby coat rack. She was about to enter the bathroom when she stopped in the doorway.

“Alright then,” she stated simply, noting the pink mare releasing a breath that Lin herself had been scarcely aware that the archer had been holding. It was then that she had decided to change the subject. “You two seem to have brought quite the arsenal.” she said, her eyes catching the assortment of weapons laid out on the bed.

“In our line of work, it’s better to have something and not need it,” Marble answered, standing up. “Than need it and not have it.”

“And where did you learn that little gem?” Beifong asked.

“Sex ed class, General,” Marble was quick to reply with a slick smile. “But, if you’re not comfortable with that little ball and chain, then feel free to check out our stache,” she then offered, moving to a table now and taking a roll mat filled to to the brim with almost every kind of knife that the commander could think of, from the most basic bowie knives to throwing and khukuri knives. Lin only shot her a very confused arched eyebrow.

“What?” Marble shrugged. “I like knives.”

Bei Fong didn’t respond after that, instead choosing to take her up on the offer given and peruse the weapons cache to see if there might have been anything that she could use for her inevitable confrontation with the assassin.

“Sis, did you bring the butterfly?” Pinkie asked, seemingly popping up at random next to Beifong, causing the older mare to tense up slightly. Pinkie simply smiled towards Lin while Marble pulled out a knife from the roll mat.

“Right here, Pinks,” Marble, not even turning back to see her sister flipping the knife in a rather out of the way fashion, absentmindedly showing off both her natural and her honed dexterity as she moved the intricately designed weapon to her belt, with Lin only looking on, an old memory resurfacing.


///////////////////////

14 Years Eariler:

“The Butterfly Knife, a double handled knife most popular in the Fillypines, which, considering that we’re in Maneila, I think it’s most appropriate to kill you with. Don’t you, Officer Beifong?”

“Wait, what’s that, ‘I won’t get away with this’? Of course I will! A dead Guoxian cop in central Maneila attracts the same interest as a dead rat, trust me on that.”

“Oh, but don’t worry, nothing is going to happen to you, Bullseye Bond. Anyone else you hold near and dear to your heart, however, I make no such promises.


////////////////////////


The next few seconds passed by like a blur, beginning with Lin snatching a khukuri knife from the roll, that continued with her tripping Pinkie Pie’s hind legs and ending with her applying just enough force on her neck to bring her down with the knife upon her jugular without penetrating the flesh. “Gotcha now, you bitch!” Lin declared, at the same time pressing on a small, red button intended to summon her personal security detail.

Within moments, two very large and very irate looking unicorns burst through the door of the hotel room, looking to their leader for instructions which she gladly gave.

“Guards?” She looked to them, both responding to the sound of her voice as if they were a couple of well trained junk yard dogs. “Restrain the grey one. I’ll deal with the pink one over here,” she ordered, and the two monolithic guards slammed Marble into the wall and pinned the smaller mare down.

Marble only grumbled at this new, unforeseen advent, putting her knives away so that she didn’t accidently kill anyone that she was supposed to defend on this mission. As the two security personnel closed in on her, she took a deep breath and, as the first made his charge with a punch reminiscent of the iron hoof style of combat, Marble simply turned his force in on itself and slammed him head first into the fancy glass coffee table standing in the center of the room, followed then by a lightning fast cross to the intersection of the right jaw bone and neck of the second adversary. “Damn amateurs,” Marble mumbled, now taking out her throwing knives and looking down the mare that had a knife to her sister’s throat, staring her dead in the eye.

“I know who you are, Bullseye! And you can’t escape me this time!” The senator shouted at the now weeping earth pony. “And don’t you dare think of begging for mercy from me, because you won’t find-”

“Yeah, I may have some words about that,” Marble responded, catching the attention of her sister’s assailant with a barely missed throwing knife. “But you know, I’ve been wrong before, like swearing to protect an uppity senator.”

“You don’t know who this is, do you?” Lin asked, her body still over Pinkie’s.

“I’m aware,” Marble said, her eyes not moving from her target. “But you have to understand, Senator. The situation was more complicated than you think. Pinkamena presented herself as a problem, and it was one that needed a special touch. You have to trust me on-”

“Trust?!” Beifong spat back. “You agree to guard me, and then bring one of my would be killers in the door? Practically gift wrapping me for her? Well, she’s almost gotten me once, and I will not allow her to get me this time!”

Come on, girl, think, Marble struggled to brainstorm, her heart nearly exploding with the force of a frag grenade from both her sister’s tears and the situation at hand. I need to find a way to give her what she really wants, or… needs!

“Try a soul gaze!” Marble blurted out.

“What?” Pinkie and Lin asked simultaneously.

“Look into her mind, find what you’re looking for about Bullseye,” Marble continued to explain. “I promise you that you’ll find out what you need, but please, don’t kill Pinkie,” she began to plead. “She’s just a, relatively, innocent victim in all this.”

“You know the risks of a soul gaze, Girl?” Lin asked, her face half contorted with confusion. “I could end up killing her.”

“Which is nothing compared to what I’ll do to you if you kill her without knowing the whole story,” the agent made it clear that she was not kidding around, her voice showing zero signs of trepidation. “You think Bullseye was a good fighter? Well, wait till you get a load of me.”

A long silence fell upon the two mares, neither willing to give an inch on the matter, but both unable to see any other alternative to what they should do. “Fine,” Beifong agreed, her eyes and horn beginning to glow and looking down at Pinkie once more. “Hold still, you little rat.”

Her eyes, still glowing, began to morph and form from a rainbow of colors, cycling from red, to pink, then violet, blue, green, yellow, then orange and then back to red, funneling her mind into very fine beams of light straight into her potential victims eyes and soul, until finally, she was someplace else.

////////////////////////

Beifong found herself standing alone, in what appeared to be a cold, grey dirt field littered with stones and crystals of various sizes. A few hundred meters away, a humble looking farm house stood, and Beifong looked to see a nearby sign that read Pie Family Rock Farm.

Beifong looked around with bemusement. “A rock farm? That’s,” she struggled to find the right words. “Interesting.” She slowly started to walk towards the house, watching as faint, ghostly figures moved about the landscape, seemingly memories of far off, more innocent times. The cast always remained the same, with three straight haired fillies, one grey, one lavender and one pink, running around and playing some sort of game, though one far more active than what most foals their ages would be playing. An older, homespun looking mare would often be seen handling chores with the help of another filly, while a bitter looking brown stallion would lead most of the farm work. Every so often, a cheery, white pegasus would appear in a spontaneous burst of confetti, seemingly dead set on bringing mirth and cheer to the otherwise dreary landscape.

But, as she drew closer to the farmhouse, the sky grew darker, and she watched as the now older fillies engaging in what looked like military training of some kind, driven on by the same bitter looking stallion from before, only this time barking orders like a mad dog and evidently enjoying every last shout of them, whether it were push ups, combat practice or markspony ship. The bearded stallion just seemed much more alive and in his element than before, as if the military had been his home all along and life on the farm had just been a cover or something to do in his off time.

A roll of thunder caused the memories to disperse, instead replaced by a black void of nothingness, where only the vaguest forms of ponies could be seen.

After a few more steps however, the void began to be populated by memories again, this time of a new assortment of ponies of every tribe and color. The pink pony now had a poofy mane and a big smile, becoming more alive than she’d ever seen her in any of her previous memories, hopping along side a reserved looking lavender unicorn in a black cat suit, all the while babbling on adimately. Another unicorn, this time a white stallion with an eyepatch and a blue mane, simply sat there, drinking his coffee and reading what had appeared to be a manilla folder with a seal of a great sun on it, akin to a much more intricate symbol of the Equestrian nation and with his long overcoat flowing behind him. Another pony, this time a shy looking yellow pegasus with a flowing pink mane, sat at a table, looking calm and peaceful while eating a piece of cake, then there was a white earth pony with a short black mane and large ears. Most surprising, however, was the presence of a mammoth wolf, who was smiling warmly and surrounded by scores of cartoonish floating hearts.

“Alright, this is getting… jarring.”

Bei Fong ignored the rather strange and non sequitur sight and simply continued forward, determined to get to the bottom of things. She finally reached the house, and was mildly surprised to see that the door to the house, was, upon closer inspection, made of metal, which didn’t seem to match the wooden construction of the rest of the home. “Let’s find out what’s behind door number one…” she mumbled to herself as she began to reach for the doorknob when she heard a cultured voice from behind her.

“Excuse me, ma’am,” The voice said. “But I’d rather you not touch that.“

Beifong spun on her heels, ready to strike down any potential attacker, only to see a sage looking light blue earth pony mare with a two tone pink mane, who seemed to be in her early sixties, sitting in a wheelchair. Her eyebrow was raised, and her expression was one of concern.

“Who the hell are you?” Beifong asked incredulously, having not in any expected to see this other pony. “How are you here?”

The other mare shrugged slightly. “I could very well ask you the very same question, Miss, but but I suppose sense this is my home, for all intents and purposes, the burden of politeness falls on me,” she cleared her throat. “I am Professor Silverhoof, Pinkie’s therapist…” she trailed off, before putting her hoof on her chin. “Well, more precisely, I’m the psionic construct of Professor Silverhoof.” she added with a warm chuckle.

Beifong blinked. “Alright then...Professor...what are you doing here?” she asked bluntly, still unsure of how to react to the other pony. The construct pointed towards the door.

“I’m here for a very simple reason. I make sure that what’s in there stays in there,” The Professor answered, her voice becoming serious. Beifong looked back at the door.

“Well, what, exactly, is in there?” she inquired, and the other mare’s expression grew dark and pensive.

“A monster, plain and simple,” the professor answered bluntly. “We took to calling her Pinkamena. You, however, know her as Bullseye.”

“So she is Bullseye, but she isn't?” her hoof went straight for her face. “Why can’t it ever be simple with these NEIGHS spooks?” she turned to the construct, whose expression was surprisingly angry looking.

“When you deal with this kind of thing as long as I have, you get used to it,” The construct shook it’s head. “Pinkie Pie suffers from a severe case of a multiple personality syndrome, to the point where if one acts, the other just won’t remember,” she then started to roll herself closer to Beifong, her wheelchair making a mechanical purr as the motors drove it forward. “While Pinkie and Pinkamena may share a body, they are in no way the same pony. Pinkie is a kind hearted, loving pony, who only wishes to bring joy to the world however she can. Pinkamena… is not. And, as much as Pinkie struggles to keep control, every so often she fails to, and the monster bursts forth, taking complete control of the body. Quite simply, Pinkie is every psychologists dream of finding, only instead of two minds occupying the same room, imagine as if they work opposite shifts. One goes in, the other goes out, and for whatever reason, Pinkamena seems very eager to get overtime in. It’s one of the most troubling cases I’ve been tasked with solving,” in an instant, her voice became so much more grim.

“You have no idea how difficult it is for Pinkie to fight back when the urges hit her. Luckily, we have been able lock Pinkamena away, sure, and each time, I have been able to help restore control to Pinkie.” She then looked directly at Beifong, her focus having shifted to the door while she had been speaking. “But what went on in Pinkamena’s head? That is beyond even my skills. Now, General,” she turned her chair around and began to roll away. “I suggest you leave her be. You and I both know that a Soul Gaze is only allowed under special circumstances. Am I correct in assuming that you didn’t ask Ms. Pie’s permission to invade her private thoughts?”

Beifong shuffled her hooves. “I had her permission.”

“Perhaps you did, but even so,” she began to fade away, leaving only a few more words behind. “I feel obliged to inform you that what you are doing is highly illegal and unethical, and most of all, risks weakening the blocks I have already instilled. Farewell General.” The construct then flicked her hoof and the mindscape evaporated.

////////////////////////

Lin suddenly felt as if the ground had turned into jelly and the real world came rushing back, breaking over her like a tsunami. As she regained her senses she saw that she was being braced by one of own guards. Across from her, Marble was being restrained by another guard, a worried and frustrated look on her face. Beifong looked towards the pink pony, whose face was pale and frantic.

Beifong tapped her guard gently, and he released her, taking a step back to allow her air. Beifong took a deep breath, averting her eyes from the terrified pony across from her, the feeling of guilt overtaking her.

“Back to your posts, gentlecolts. False alarm.” Beifong said, waving her hoof. The two guards raised their eyebrows in perfect sync.

“Are you sure, General? You migh-”

“I’m fine. Obey your orders and leave.” she commanded, and the two guards quickly saluted and walked out of the living room. Marble, now freed from being pinned to the wall, darted over to give Pinkie a place to lean on, shooting Beifong a death glare.

“So?” Marble asked, going over to help a visibly exhausted Pinkie slouch over on the couch. “Find what you wanted?”

“I did.” Beifong said sternly, only causing Marble and Pinkie to raise their eyebrows in shock.

“And what did you find out?” Marble said, standing up from where she and Pinkie had been sitting.

“Things were more complicated than I had come to realize,” Beifong stated coolly and professionally.

“Which means?” Pinkie asked, feeling violated and speaking for the first time since Beifong had pinned her against the floor. Bei Fong’s darted towards Pinkie for a moment, before looking down at the floor shamefully.

“Which means...” She answered, shaking her head. “I’m sorry,” There was a strange pause between the three of them, with Marble’s expression one of fury, Pinkie’s one of confusion and Bei Fong’s one of shame. “I suppose forgiveness is completely out of the question, isn’t it?” She asked quietly, looking towards Pinkie Pie meekly for the first time.

Marble opened her mouth to speak, most likely ready to belt out a long tirade or a very long and very descriptive threat, but Pinkie put a hoof on her sister’s shoulder. Marble looked down, only to see Pinkie motion for her to sit down before slowly getting up and walking over to Beifong and pulling the older mare into a sudden hug.

“Of course I forgive you, you silly filly!” she said, causing both Marble and Beifong’s mouths to drop open. “I mean, just like with the meteor hammer yesterday,” she continued, leaning back slightly. “I might not agree a hundred percent with you, but I understand why you did it. I mean, you’re my friend right?”

Marble was the first to speak. “Oh yeah, thing about working with Pinkie is,” she began to smile. “She’ll usually forgive you on a dime.”

“Usually?” Lin asked?

“Yeah, we don’t talk about when that doesn’t happen,” the grey one said in a very deadpan voice.

Pinkie turned her head to give Marble an unimpressed look. “Marble, you of all ponies know I like to give ponies a second chance. And really, if I stayed a mean meanie pants towards her, would that help the mission?”

Marble facepalmed. “Yeah, I should, shouldn’t I?”

“You should!” Pinkie Pie declared, hurting Lin’s ears a little bit. “Then lets move on Linny needs to get ready for her speech and we need to do some recon so we can keep her safe.”

“Linny?” both Marble and Sen. Beifong said at the same time

“Yes Linny, I give all my friends Nicknames!”She chirped happily before making shooing motions, “Now go get ready you're on at 2.”

“Oh yeah,” Marble began again with being deadpan. “She likes nicknames, too.”

Author's Note:

HOLY HELL THIS ONLY TOOK FOREVER

Ultra-Special-Super Thank You to JZ1, who took it upon himself to help fix the various problems this chapter had and helping co-write a good 10% of it (don't sound like much, but it made a huge difference)

Another Ultra-Special-Super Thank You to TheScarletScarecrow, who also helped co-write a good 80% of this chapter, bless him.

Now, in case your wondering, remember that these stories, are, first and foremost, meant to introduce characters that might otherwise never get a chance to show up in a full-length story of their own. I will be the first to admit that this format does not allow us to fully flesh out these characters, but I do hope that, at some later date, I can find a good story to fit them in and allow them to shine brightly and on their own.

Also, bonus trivia time:

Fenrir/Pie is canon now. I am evil

Cupcake get's a cameo so you can all squee over continuity

Manelia is the Harmony's Warriors-verse equlivalent to the city of Manila, in the Philippines, and is in the nation of Fillypines (yay I'm so original).

Guoxia is my China, with elements of Vietnam and Korea thrown in for variety's sake.

The Buttefly knife is that awesome knife that Hannibal Chou uses in Pacific Rim and is hella fancy and awesome.

the 'Bullseye Bond' is basically Pinkamena's own version of the Pinkie Promise.

And yes. Pinkie is Catholic here. Deal with it.

That's all I can think of right now, but yay this section is up, and hopefully the next part will come much sooner.