• Published 2nd Oct 2013
  • 323 Views, 0 Comments

Take What You Can Get - Inspiration



Kindness and friendship can be misread. And in the case of Frost Bite, what he displays is horribly misread.

  • ...
 0
 323

And the nights will fill with dread

The day went by in a blur. So, before I knew it, the silver orb that is the moon was hovering in the sky. Fluttershy was up in her room, and I was on her couch. I was just replaying what I could remember from the day in my mind, trying to lull myself to sleep. It worked.

The dream was...weird, to say the least. I couldn't tell you what happened, though. It's long since exited my memory stables. But, in the middle of my REM sleep, I was woken up by...something. Five somethings, to be exact. And I got the feeling that is was a group of mares, all of whom I've met, and two of whom I did not hold in high honors.

"Are you sure he'll want to talk?"

"Yes, Rainbow, Ah'm positive he'll want to talk."

"How can you be so sure of this, Applejack?"

"B'cause, Rarity, Ah just got tha feelin' that he'll wanna talk."

"Girls, can we just get in the house?"

"Not yet, Twilight! I still have to practice my suprise song!"

So, I walked up to the door, opened it slightly, and told them to leave. And by that, I mean I broke the door off it's hinges and screamed, "I'M TRYING TO SLEEP HERE!" They scattered. Except for Pinkie. She wasn't horrible, so I invited her in for some drinks.

"So, Frost, how have you been? I've been great, although my Pinkie Sense has been acting up really really badly, like my shoulder has been getting really really achy and my ears have been flopping nonstop for the last few days and I really wond-"

"Pinkie, listen. I know that you're just being...Pinkie...but I need you to do me a favor or two, and 1) Lower your voice, or 2) Slow down."

She did just that. So, we sat there for a while, chatting it up. Telling stories. The usual kind of thing. And, eventually, we both got, as she would put it, "super-duper extra tired," and just fell asleep on the couch. She was nice enough that I couldn't just ask her to leave, especially because it was dark out. So we were on the couch in Fluttershy's cottage for the night.

I didn't want to say it, but Pinkie's grown on me.

Author's Note:

Eeyup.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment