• Published 2nd Oct 2013
  • 323 Views, 0 Comments

Take What You Can Get - Inspiration



Kindness and friendship can be misread. And in the case of Frost Bite, what he displays is horribly misread.

  • ...
 0
 323

To make you get set

She let me crash at her home. Nicest thing anypony's done for me since I became homeless. She gave me food and drink, let me use her shower, and let me use her couch. She's the nicest pony I've ever met. I meant that. It was like she saw through the the skin and into the soul, or something of the sort.

So, the next day, she took me to meet her friends. Twilight wasn't crazy, after all. Just socially awkward. Rainbow Dash was kind of...how should I put this...a bitch. Nice, but a bitch nonetheless. Applejack was nice enough. But very honest. A bit too honest. Pinkie Pie was the crazy one. How she could eat a cake that was four times the size and weight of her in one bite, I'll never know. And, finally, Rarity was generous. Even more so than Fluttershy. She, for whatever reason, gave me about 15 pounds of clothing, all of which were covered in gems that could buy out Canterlot.

"Well, that was fun."

"What did you...um...think of them?"

"Overall? Pretty nice group of ponies. Individually? I'd rather not say." She smiled at that. Beautiful smile, she had.

"Well, I could tell that they liked you. Rainbow, though, seemed to like you a bit too much."

"You think? I couldn't tell. I didn't pay much attention to her."

"I can...um...talk to her about it if y-"

"It's all good, Fluttershy. If she wants to believe in something that'll never happen, let her." A laugh. Beautiful.

So we walked and talked the whole way to her home. Laughed and told stories. It was fun. It may just be the greatest time I've had so far.

When we got back to her cottage, I didn't exactly know where to put anything. And by "anything," I mean anything at all. Clothes, cupcakes, apple pies, tarts, cakes, books, books, and more books, et cetera. But, after what seemed like hours, we got everything put away.

"Now, than. What shall we do now?"

"If you don't mind...I'd just like to go to bed..."

"Well, not to worry, Fluttershy. Pinkie Pie's party tired me out just as much as it would...anypony, really. If you want to go to bed, who am I to object?" Smooth.

So she went up, and I fell onto the couch. It was a great day. I think I'm liking Fluttershy.

Author's Note:

Eeyup.
No shipping (well...maybe some) will happen.
Thanks!