• Published 5th Sep 2013
  • 1,099 Views, 15 Comments

Boredom is Chaotic - Rain Firis



The now reformed villain Discord is bored. He seeks entertainment and finds a rather entertaining mare.

  • ...
0
 15
 1,099

Chaos Troubled (revised)

Rain turned around to see her walls were a chaotic mess, not surprising considering who did it.
*sigh* "Discord, hand me a paintbrush."
"You aren't going to paint a boring color over my masterpiece are you? Plain colors are so boring."
Rain grabbed the paintbrush out of his claw with a hoof and was surprised to see it change to the color she was thinking of.

"If you were going to paint on my walls you could have at least put a towel on the floor, there's paint all over the place!"
"It's your fault you know~"
Rain sighed. "How is it my fault exactly?"
"Well, you're failing at your job." Rain looked at Discord in confusion.
"What? What job?" Discord looked at her as if he was a teacher explaining something to a student.
"You see, Celestia is trying to limit my chaos and use my powers for good. So, I get bored often. Now, everypony in town is intimidated by my handsomeness, charm, and all around awesomeness." Rain snorted as Discord continued.
Rain sighed. "What do you mean by-" Rain stopped mid sentence and started coughing as she noticed there was a lot more smoke, and it was black rather than blue as it was before.

Discord looked behind Rain to see the container with the experiment was tipped over and a normal fire had engulfed the table. Rain looked behind her and panicked. She ran into the kitchen and got a glass of water, as she ran back into the living room she seen Discord had put out the fire by dumping water on it. She seen a fish flopping around on the floor and noticed it was water from the lake. And her house was flooded. He dumped water on everything...

Discord who was currently flying, snapped and her living room returned to normal. Mostly.
"You should really pay more attention you know, if it weren't for me that could have been dangerous~" Rain walked into her living room muttering around the glass of water about how Discord had been the one distracting her. She set the glass down on her now upside down table.
"Thanks." she said, portraying no emotion in neither her face nor voice.

"You're quite welcome, that's what friends are for, right~?" Discord's ear twitched and he flinched." I have to go now, Fluttershy needs me and it sounds as if she's angry. Until next time, Fires!" Discord 'poofed' away, leaving her living room and colored walls in the same chaotic state he left it after putting out the fire.

"This is the third time he visited me and he already made more chaos in the past few hours than I have experienced in a whole week. Maybe less than a week..." Ponyville does seem to attract trouble more often then when she lived in Canterlot. Maybe I should take a week to visit my parents sometime soon... I kinda miss them even if they don't agree with my life choices, they're still family.

Rain's train of thought was cut off as she looked towards the window just in time to see the elements of harmony galloping towards the other side of town, she noticed Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie were the only elements missing. She concluded they were heading towards Fluttershy's house and sighed.
Great, they're probably off to save Ponyville again. she thought.

Rain then walked over to the couch and started bouncing on it with a huge smile. She launched off the couch and tumbled on the floor before running into her room and knocking all the papers off the desk.
"I'm starting to feel very cheery right now! And a little like I want to bounce into a door over and over again! That's probably not good."
"Well, this seems like a good time to go outside before my energy runs out again. But where did I get all this ener-" Rain paused mid-sentence as a thought came to her head.
"Horseapples! The poison joke smoke could've been toxic! What was I thinking..."

Rain ran to her room to burrow through the dresser next to her bed, throwing out random items before pulling out the object she was searching for. Held in her mouth was a piece of chalk, she scrambled into a dry spot in the living room and bent her head down, pressing the chalk against the floor and backing up slowly. She stopped and looked forwards, she managed to draw a straight line.

"Was the line test for altered state of minds or drunks?" She wondered aloud, dropping the chalk.
"Oh well, it should work for both!" She exclaimed. Rain started walking on the line one step at a time, glaring down at the line with a look of determination. She got to the end of the line and tripped.
"Ow! Well, I'm probably not too bad off. I guess I'll go outside for a bit." She said happily.

Rain ignored the chaotic state of her living room, determined to clean it up later. Rain opened her door and trotted down Ponyville, heading towards the park. A few citizens waved to her and she politely waved back, not bothering to try and start a conversation.

As her mind began to drift into her thoughts she tripped on a rather inconvenient pebble, ruining her good mood.
She got up and grumbled angrily, sending the pebble flying with a flick of her hoof.

She looked around and noticed a peculiar sight, a grey pegasus stallion was looking at her with a surprised look. She did a closer inspection and noticed he had a blue mane and a shooting star cutie mark, Rain's ear flicked and she heard yelling behind her, she ignored it wondering why he was looking at her like she was a manticore in mid pounce. His pupils were shrunk and he looked like he was about to yell something, that's when she noticed. He wasn't looking at her, he was looking behind her.

She started turning around when something rammed into her side and she went flying like a rag doll, a surge of overwhelming pain and small spots of blood before her was the last thing she witnessed before the world faded to black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note:

Remember foals, don't smoke poison joke. Stay in school dumbasse- er.. I mean, stay in school.
Thanks to ThatPegasusOverThere who both edited and helped me think of the idea for this chapter and some of the next. Seriously, my story would suck if not for his editing, so thanks.:rainbowkiss:
EDIT: revised, minor changes.

Comments ( 1 )

Remember foals, don't smoke poison joke. Stay in school ya dumba- er.. I mean, stay in school.

NEVER!!!!!!!!!!:flutterrage:

Login or register to comment