• Published 5th Sep 2013
  • 1,094 Views, 15 Comments

Boredom is Chaotic - Rain Firis



The now reformed villain Discord is bored. He seeks entertainment and finds a rather entertaining mare.

  • ...
0
 15
 1,094

Chaos (revised)

Discord was bored. Today was a perfect day for chaos, yet his chaos was limited by Celestia. Fluttershy had gone away to get more food for her animals, and there wasn't anything she or her friends needed help with. With a sigh discord decided surely it wouldn't be terribly bad to go make some new friends... A little harmless chaos wouldn't hurt either, so why not do both? Surely, it wouldn't be bad using a little chaos as long as he didn't harm anypony.

Discord flew around Ponyville looking for somepony interesting to mess wi- um.. talk to. Eventually he spotted a pegasus trotting out of the Everfree Forest. She was an interesting white mare with a single purple strand in her faded blue mane and tail who had dull violet eyes. Discord had begun to stalk his prey as he waited for the right time to alert her of his presence.
_____________________________________________________________
Rain Fires noticed the draconequus following her .. after all, how could one not notice such a thing? She kept about her routine walking towards Ponyville, stealing occasional glances now and then. She stopped and sat under a tree while adjusting her saddlebags.

"I know you're there ... I don't know why you're following me, nor do I know if I should be honored or frightened," she said, speaking seemingly to the open space around her. She sent no looks in Discord's direction. "Of course, you could be just a product of a very long and tiring day, for all I know... Good thing there's nopony around to hear me talking to myself." She leaned back under the tree and looked up at the clouds lazily floating by.

"Yep, that's me!" Discord appeared in the unsuspecting mare's lap, a large grin on his muzzle as he adjusted himself, relaxing visibly in the newly discovered pony chair. "Just a figment of your imagination, the voices in your head, oh, you're crazy alright. It'll only be a matter of time before you're wearing a nice comfy jacket..." He scooted off the pony, moving a few hooves back. Discord reached a claw behind his back and produced a brand new straight jacket, which he promptly held up for Rain Fires inspection. "Oh, want to try it on? I made it especially for you, my little pony."

"No thanks. The sleeves look okay, but it's simply not my color," Rain Fires said dryly, slowly pulling herself to her hooves.
He pulled back the straight jacket, studying it curiously, his gaze occasionally drifting back to Rain Fires. "I dunno, I think it matches rather nicely... Maybe if I..." He poked the jacket, the white fabric turning dark as night. "How about now?" he held the jacket out again, grinning.
"That's a lovely shade and all but..." Rain took a step forward,

"I'm curious as to what do I owe the honor of being your latest victim? Should I be worried? Frightened, perhaps?" She inquired.
"Well, that depends..." The draconequus pulled his gift back and tossed it over his shoulder, the jacket wrapping around a tree behind him as if it were alive. "What do you think you should be? I am Discord, the embodiment of Chaos after all."
"I'm really not sure," she replied, after a moment's thought. "I just don't understand what it is you want with me." She paused to consider her options, "Something tells me the sensible thing would be to simply leave."

Discord’s eyes shifted back and forth a few times, his head swiveling 360 degrees as he checked around to make sure nopony was watching before pulling a small slip of paper from behind his back and holding it out to Rain Fires. "Here's the answer sheet, but don't tell anypony you got it from me...."

Rain Fires took the paper from Discord and read it. She looked at Discord, then back to the paper, and then back to Discord. "'The moon is blue'? What the hay does that mean?" She asked, passing the paper back to Discord.
"Well, since I suppose you have a good reason for choosing to follow me of all ponies.... What's your agenda?"

The Paper sprouted a tongue almost as soon as Rain Fires had given it back and promptly blew a raspberry at her before turning into a lollipop as Discord took it back. "The moon is actually rather gray, quite boring without a bit of decorating." he replied, eating the lollipop, stick and all. "And as I said, that depends on your... perspective. I might be reformed, but that doesn't mean I can't have fun, and that, my friend, is the only agenda worth having."
Rain Fires smiled as she pictured Discord's previous takeover of Ponyville, before he was reformed.
"And where do I fit into all of this? I'm a rather boring pony you know. You can call me Rain if you'd like. "

He grumbled, snapping his fingers as he crossed his arms. A cotton candy cloud appeared above the pony a moment later and immediately began raining down its payload of chocolate milk. "Until you learn to stop asking boring questions..." The draconequus swatted the cloud down, leaving it perched atop Rain Fire's head. Now settling as a rather comical looking pink afro. "I dub thee, Cloud Carrier!"

"Boring is as boring does, Discord." Rain Fires glanced up at the pink cloud perched atop her head as best she could. Shrugging, she looked at Discord. "I dunno, this could be a nice look." She claimed, grinning slightly.

"Ah, now you're getting it! You just need to be a bit less boring!" He poofed behind Rain and grabbed her face, his slight grin spreading into a wide smile. "Come on, enjoy, laugh, live... and if you don't... well... perhaps I'll just leave you with a permanent smile." He laughed, letting go of her face. "I have business elseware. If you need me, give me a call!" He stated, poofing away in a cloud of pink smoke.

Rain stood there slightly stunned. "Well. That was.. different."
She shrugged again, and headed back down the path toward town, a small grin upon her face and a pink cloud still sitting on top of her head. Rain sighed and trotted a little faster towards her home.
"I wonder what will happen if I eat this cotton candy cloud.." she pondered.
______________________________________________________________
"Dissccoorrd! Discord?"
Discord appeared in front of Rain, looking down at her. "You called, your majesty?" Discord did a fake bow, his body breaking in half and falling on the floor. "That's not good..." Discord picked up his lower half of his body and screwed it back in place with his upper body.

"Discord... you’re so random!" Rain turned around and closed the notebook on her desk and turned back to Discord, who was currently floating in the air upside down.

"You may not have a unicorn horn but you do have horns and a pair of wings, does that make you an alicorn? You should totally wear a crown as well, and sit upon your own throne. What do you think of that?"
"Ah, what an excellent idea! But why have one of my own when there's a perfectly good throne waiting for me in Canterlot! I'll be back in just a sec~." The draconequus said as he poofed away.

About five minutes later he reappeared, now sporting a black eye and covered in bits of cotton candy. He also looked rather tipsy and fell flat on his face a moment later. "That's what I call a party!... I don't think she approved, but it was better received by her than her guards."
Rain peered down at the faceplanted draconequus.

"Yo, Discord .... .... .... you all right?"
"I-I... doctor... I don't think I'm going to make it... I have a brain injury..." He reached a hoof up and proceeded to unscrew his head, after which he flipped his noggin open like a hatch and pulled his brain out. His brain was bandaged up and had a miniature pair of crutches duct taped to it. He held up the injured brain, his face still pressed into the floor. "Please... save little Corey... please, doctor House..."

"I'm not the house doctor, but I'll see what I can do." She cringed a little, studying the battered brain. "Hmm. I think you have some water on the brain," she said, dabbing at it with a towel. "There. That should do it. I'm not a doctor, but I did attempt to do surgery in school with a butter knife! Before the teacher stopped me.."

Discord dropped the brain back into his skull before turning his head around a few times and sitting up. "Ah! Doctor! I'm cured! ... I think... I feel funny... a-are you sure the procedure was a success..." He fell back over, his head detaching and rolling away. "Doctor, it feels like I'm drifting away from my body... am I dead?"

"No, you're just letting your mind wander. I guess it wants to get ahead in the world," Rain Fires joked.
The headless body sat up and pointed a finger at Rain Fires as the head stopped rolling. "Oh, I like you." Absently, the body retrieved the head and reattached it, Discord picked up Rain Fires with a large grin now visibly present on his muzzle. "And I thought you were gonna be boring."

"True, I‘m awesome. It's not like I intended to be that way, it's how it turns out sometimes." She grinned. "Also good to see you back to normal... Or what passes for it, anyhow."

"Normal?!" He dropped the pony immediately and turned around, huffing in exasperation.
Eyes wide, hooves flailing in the nothingness, Rain could do little as her wings were locked in place and gravity took over, the muffled whumph of impact combining with a large puff of dust, then silence.

From the pony-shaped crater on the ground, a weakened, pained voice was heard: " ...Oww... " Using her forelegs to crawl out of the hole, Rain shook her head to clear the dizziness. "Whuh ... was it something I said?" she croaked before collapsing.

Discord smiled, a wide grin plastered on his muzzle. "Oh, don't be a baby... it was only a small drop... Oh... This is a opportunity I just can't pass up..." Turning around, Discord snaked over to Rain, producing several dozen markers in rapid succession. "Let's see... what should I... Oh! I know!" He rapidly went to work, scribbling all over Rain, occasionally switching colors and moving to the next body part when finished with each area.

"Oh, heheheh... This'll be a laugh... Come on... Juuust a few more... Oh! Lookin' good..." Within a few minutes, he stepped back to admire his work. Leaving a literal pile of markers around Rain, who now had a rather detailed color job that managed to make her look like a draconequus... "Well... Color wise..." Discord chuckled, debating on playing around a bit more. Although he suspected altering a pony's actual body wouldn't go over too well with his current situation.
Discord barked a few laughs before deciding to make himself scarce. "Ta ta, my little pony!" He snapped his fingers and poofed away, hoping Rain wouldn't have quite recovered from her fall and realize what had just happened.

Rain soon awoke. She took a few sniffs wondering what smells. It was familiar, and yet she couldn't quite place it ... Until she saw the pile of markers around her. "What the ... how did ... " she mumbled to herself, looking over her newly-colored self, before realizing what had happened. She let out an exasperated sigh. The fumes from the markers were making her dizzy and causing her to wobble a little bit as she walked to the bathroom. "Hope I have something that'll clean this up ... and it better come off, too!"

Rain looked over herself in a full mirror in the bathroom. "Well... Then again, I do look pretty awesome..." Rain started making poses in the mirror, figuring it's not like anypony could see her right now anyway. Might as well admire her new paintjob.

Author's Note:

11/11/16 Edited and reworded a bit. Small changes, nothing major. Gonna see if I can revise and continue this story.