• Published 23rd Jul 2013
  • 1,456 Views, 18 Comments

The Power Ponies - ShadyCanopy



Based around the superhero versions of the Mane 6 that will show up in Season 4

  • ...
3
 18
 1,456

Issue #0- Origins

Twilight walked into the library and tossed her saddlebags on the floor. She could worry about putting them away later.Right now she had something more important to do.

She pulled the spell book out of her magic hammer-space. She had bumped into a mare in a cloak, making her drop the tome. However, when Twilight tried to return the book, the mare had disappeared. Against her better judgement, she took a peek inside. There was only one spell.

Twilight levitated the book in front of her and began to perform the spell. Suddenly, a wave of magic pulsed out of the book, rendering Twilight unconscious.


Pinkie bounced along carelessly when she felt her eyelids flutter, her tail twitch, and her knees get pinchy. She put a hoof to her chin. That's a new one, she thought. Suddenly, a wave of magic flowed through her and continued moving. Her eyes widened in shock, before she dramatically fell over backward into a nearby patch of grass, unconscious.


Rarity and Fluttershy walked through town. They had just been to the spa, and Fluttershy had invited Rarity and her sister Sweetie Belle to a picnic. Rarity had agreed, and now they were headed to Carousel Boutique to pick up Sweetie Belle and make food for the outing. Suddenly, Rarity sensed a shockwave of magic headed their way. It's probably one of Twilight's spells gone wrong!

She burst into a full gallop in the direction of Twilight's library, Fluttershy doing her best to keep up. As they ran, a wave of power passed over them. Fluttershy, who had been flying, dropped like a stone, completely asleep, Rarity, using her waning strength, caught Fluttershy in her magic and gently set her on the ground. Rarity then proceeded to pass out, a couch appearing behind her out of thin air.

Before she blacked out, Rarity noticed the couch was made of crystals.Well, that's... odd... she thought as she slipped into a dark, dreamless sleep.


Applejack stopped pulling the cart full of apples towards Ponyville to rest. It was Market Day, and she had slept in, which was very odd, because she barely ever slept in.She then noticed something strange. A pulse of purple magic pulsed out of Ponyville towards Sweet Apple Acres and Applejack. Applejack groaned inwardly. This was the third time this month that one of Twilight's spells went wrong!

Applejack continued towards Ponyville, believing the magic to be harmless. However, when it passed through her, she suddenly felt drowsy, and she wanted to just go to sleep. She tried to shake it off, but it was too powerful. What did you do to me, Twi? she thought as she passed out.


Rainbow flew over the Everfree, searching for the clearing that Zecora's house was in. Tank was sick, and she would've gone to Fluttershy, but the Pegasus was gone for the day, probably on another picnic with all of her animal buddies. So, Rainbow opted to go to Zecora's and see if she can get a potion for her pet tortoise.

Her higher than average hearing picked up a buzzing noise she knew meant magic. She spun around, only to find a wave of magic not a yard away. In a panic, she spun back around and tried to fly away, but right before she began to move,the wave splashed over her, and she felt like she did after a very long training session with only one break. In short she felt like she was about to fall asleep. Knowing the danger of falling asleep in the Everfree, she sluggishly flew towards the nearest cloud. Right as she reached it, she passed out.


Rarity's eyes snapped open to find a worried Fluttershy watching her. When Fluttershy noticed Rarity was awake, she let out a small 'eep', took a deep breath,and slowly stepped towards Rarity. "Rarity, don't panic," she said in a calm voice.

"Whatever do you mean, darling?" Rarity asked as she reached a hoof out to get up. What she saw made her heart skip a beat.
Her hoof was made of diamond. For what felt like hours, Rarity stared at her now crystal hoof. "Fluttershy, dear," she eventually said, still staring at her hoof. "Is the rest of me made of diamonds too?" Fluttershy's only response was a nod.


Twilight slowly opened her eyes to see her faithful companion waving her favorite dinner cooked by him: noodles, rice, and hay bacon. When she saw him the strangest thought entered her mind. Species: Dragon, Age: 3. She blinked in shock. It was almost like she had analyzed him.

"Twilight!" Spike yelled, snapping Twilight out of her stupor. "Are you okay? Do we need to visit the hospital?"

Twilight chuckled. "No, Spike, I'm perfectly fine. Actually, I feel better than before I passed out!" She exclaimed with a grin.


Rainbow Dash woke up in a tiny room, maybe five feet by five feet. She climbed out of bed and realized she was parched. She noticed a glass of water on the nightstand and reached out to grab it. However, before she could reach it, every single drop of water came up out of the cup and floated in a sphere in front of her hoof. She realized she could manipulate it, and eventually, put it back in the glass and gulped it down,.

That was strange, Rainbow thought to herself as she went through the doorway and into a larger circular room. Potions lined the walls, and a cauldron was set up in the middle of the room. a striped equine with a Mohawk, lots of jewelry, and a cloak was stirring the brew inside the cauldron."Hey, Zecora!"

The zebra turned around, revealing a grin. "Ah, my dear Rainbow Dash! I am glad you are okay, for that was quite a crash!"

Rainbow rubbed the back of her neck. "You saw that?" She said, embarrassed.

Zecora chuckled. "I did see it."

Rainbow's eyes widened. "Zecora! You didn't rhyme!"

Zecora. "You are right, I did not rhyme. Twilight's magic pulse cured me of my curse and somehow knocked you unconscious. Now, I believe you should go to Twilight's and see what that magic was."

Rainbow nodded. "Right!" As soon as she was out the door, she burst out into the sky, leaving a rainbow colored trail behind her.


Twilight groaned. Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, and Fluttershy were all there, demanding answers from their friends. Apparently, Applejack had split into two beings,and after merging, came here. Rarity had a crystal form that she still was in, and Pinkie Pie suddenly had super speed and acrobatic skills. Only she and Fluttershy were not affected. That is, until Angel hopped in, looking for his owner. "Angel, there you are!" She said happily, then froze. "I-I can hear a lot better than before, like I had the ears of a bunny!"

Suddenly, Rainbow smashed through the window, increasing Twilight's headache into a Magic Migraine, something she got fairly often around these five. "Let me guess, Rainbow, you suddenly are affected too," she groaned

Rainbow nodded. "I can control the weather!"she summoned a storm cloud inside the tree library, then dispelled it.

Twilight sighed unhappily. I'm in for a long day, aren't I?

Author's Note:

And the origins are a wrap! Might add in Applejack and Pinkie's parts later.
I'll be doing suggestions, so don't forget to offer ideas for villains! I'll credit you here.

Comments ( 15 )

Go ahead and comment on any small nit picks you have! I'll try to have the second chapter up later!

Spoilers already? Stay classy, Fimfic.

Some people want to watch the world burn...
...
I am one of those people...

I can't believe it took this long. It screamed "FANFIC" the instant I saw it. :pinkiecrazy:

Everything seems to happen too fast. There's very little dialouge at the beginning and everypony seems to notice things quickly. (ie, thier powers, or the wave of energy being Twilight's doing.) I also noticed some recycling of the phrase 'woke up' and a lack of enthusiasm or concern in certain places.

Hope this helps. :twilightsmile:

2922776

The stupidest part here is that the description -might- have looked like something original if the author hadn't done out of the way to splash spoilers all over the front page.

In such a hurry to get the 'first' fic up he didn't care, I assume.

2922855

Don't downvote for that. Downvote for the fact that the story is badly written, obviously rushed, and suffering from a serious case of 'tell not show' instead.

I was hoping that someone would react this way to that animatic at the SDCC. I would love to see just how much raw trouble the Mane Six could accidentally cause with superpowers.

When you think of it, the powers aren't even new. They're just their natural abilities turned up to eleven.

Dude, I like the idea, but maybe you should wait until the episode actually airs.

You might get some juicy leads to work with! :moustache:

2923806
Yeah, I might do that.

For villains, I think you could do a thing like in the Teen Titans cartoon on Cartoon Network where Robin's Red X costume was stolen, by having someone steal one of the Mare Do Well costumes and use it for crime instead of heroics.

2926618
Hmm... Maybe... I have another hero coming in later using a costume, they might steal that.

Okay ill just out and say it

GO GO POWER PONIES! You Hyper Harmony Power Ponies!

Radiance, the crystal avenger!
Speedy, the fast lightning!
Mistress Marevelous, the split warrior!
Saddle Ranger, Mother Nature's Chosen One!
and The Wizard, the smartest pony alive!
They are... The Power Ponies!

:twilightsmile:Um, it not the wizard it's the Masked Matterhorn and its not speedy, it's filli-second.:twilightangry2::heart:

4478103
If you see the date, this was before Power Ponies. I was guessing on these from the promo... Part of it I could not hear. Anyways, this story is cancelled.

Login or register to comment