• Published 12th Jul 2014
  • 527 Views, 11 Comments

Babs-aline - aires543



When Babs Seed finds herself moved into a new home, she is utterly bored. Until, she finds a secret door to another world.

  • ...
3
 11
 527

Meet The Neighbors

At breakfast that morning Babs was telling her parents about her "dream."

"It was incredibly real mom" Babs said to Twilight. "Only you weren't you, you were my Other Mother."

"Buttons for eyes, huh?" Twilight replied. "Babs, you only 'dreamed' you ate all that tofu chicken? Take your multivitamin, at least."

"You were in the dream too dad." Babs turned to Big Macintosh "You had wild pajamas and orange monkey slippers!"

"Oh-ho-orange? My monkey slippers are blue!" Big Mac replied. Then he looked serious. "Psst, can you get me some of that magic mud you were talking about? Because I have a terrible case of writers rash! On my-"

"AH-EM!" Twilight interrupted as Big Mac reached for his bum. "If the real Big Macintosh wants his pages edited he better wrap them up ASAP."

Big Mac left the room as Twilight turned to Babs.

"Babs, why don't you visit downstairs?" Babs dropped her fork. "I bet those actresses would love to hear you dream."

"Miss Pink and Fashionable?!" Said a disbelieving Babs. "But you said their dingbats!"

"Mm-hmm" Replied Twilight with a smirk as she walked off.

Babs rolled her eyes and went outside. She grabbed some garden clippers on the way out. Babs nearly tripped over a pile of mail. She looked at the name.

"Trixie...Trixie....Trixie...." Babs sniffed the air, and then the packages. They had a horrible smell. "Agh! Poo-wee!" She exclaimed.

Babs saw a sign pointing up a flight of stairs. 'Trixie. There.' She decided to follow. When she got to the top she knocked on the door with the packages as far away from her nose as possible.

"Hello?.....I think our mail got mixed up!" She leaned into the door and pressed her ear to it. "Should I leave it outside or- WAH!" She exclaimed as the door opened in. she caught the packages expertly and looked inside the room.

It had a lamp with a sheet draped over it, some strange looking cannons, a chicken and a pot on a stove boiling over.

"Huh...." Babs said a bit uneasy.

"SECRET!" Said a voice behind her

Babs turned just in time to see an upside-down, levitating blue unicorn mare in a wizards hat and cloak close the door.

"Famous jumping mouse circus not ready!" Said the unicorn taking a bite of a peanut butter cracker. "Little girl."

"Circus?" Babs was a bit freaked out. "Oh, uh, I, uh, brought this for you." She showed her the packages.

The unicorn smiled and grabbed the packages with her magic. She smelled them.

"Mmmm" She said something in a foreign language.

"Huh?" Babs questioned a bit confused.

"New cheese samples" The unicorn released herself from her magic and jumped in front of Babs right-side-up. "Very clever, using this mix-up to peek at mooshkas."

"....Mooshkas?" Babs was still confused.

The unicorn sighed in frustration and pointed behind her with a hoof. "The mice!" She jumped onto the railing of the terrace and balanced on her tow hoofed once again, upside-down.

"Oh....well, I'm Babs Seed." Babs said.

"And I," Said the unicorn. "Am the great, and powerful, Trixie!" She rolled the r in 'Trixie' "But you. Call me Trixie. Because Great and Powerful, I already know that I am" Trixie crossed her hind legs together and pushed off the terrace with her forelegs.

"Wha-?" Babs looked over the edge, expecting to see Trixie splattered on the sidewalk, but she didn't.

Trixie appeared behind her.

"You see, Babes, my new songs go, 'Oompa, Oompa'" Trixie said in a powerful voice.

"But the jumping mice play only 'Toodle, Toot', like that, It's nice, but, not so much Great and Powerful. So now, I switch to stronger cheese and soon, watch out!"

She turned to leave and made a package of peanut butter crackers appear by Babs' hooves.

"Here, have crackers, their good for you." She turned to Babs. "Do svidania, Babes" She said as she disappeared into her section of the house.

"Bab-sah!" Babs spat out as she tossed the crackers over the terrace. She went down stairs and grabbed the garden shears.

"Oompa, oompa, toodle toot, toodle toot..." She hummed.

"Hey! Babes!" Shouted Trixie from above her. "Wait!" She shouted as she jumped off the terrace heading right for Babs.

"NO!" Babs held the shears open above her head.

Trixie teleported right next to her.

"The mice, asked me to give you message!" Trixie said in a hushed voice.

"The...jumping mice?" Asked Babs.

"They are saying" Trixie looked from side to side and whispered. "Do not go through little door." Babs gasped. "Do you know such a thing?" Trixie asked shrugging.

"The one behind the wallpaper? But it's all.....bricked up...." Babs replied.

"Huh" Trixie teleported to the stairs. "So sorry, it's nothing. Sometimes mice get a little, mixed up. They even call you "Babs" instead of "Babes"! Not Babes at all! Maybe I work them...too hard...." She said as she went into the house.

"Hm" Babs closed the shears and went to the carriage. She clipped a string and got a suitcase off of the top. She opened it. Inside was a police hat, which she put on.

Babs then went towards a small flight of stair leading down into the ground. She knocked on the brass Knocker. It had a happy pony on it and a sad pony on it. She looked at the doormat which read "No Whistling In The House."

Babs got impatient and looked through the doors window. It squeaked ever so slightly. She jumped back as three little black schnauzers jumped out of nowhere, barking. An elderly pink earth pony came to the door.

"Oh, cease your infernal yapping!" She said in a singsong voice. "Oh, how nice to see you Babes, would you like to come in? We're playing cards." The pony moved away so Babs could come in.

"Still Babs Miss Pink." Babs said, taking off her hat.

"Rarity! Put the kettle on!" Said Miss Pink as she winked at Babs. She headed into the kitchen.

Babs saw a picture for a play. It had young, slightly bustier versions Miss Pink and Miss Fashionable on it, dressed into some suggestive clothing.

"Goodness pinkie I think...I think your being followed!" A white unicorn mare said as she put on some red glasses.

"Its the new neighbor Rarity, Babes!" Miss Pink replied.

As Babs walked through the house she saw more and more pictures of young Pink and Fashionable in more suggestive clothing that almost made her gag.

"She'll be having the oolong tea." Miss Pink told the other pony who must be Miss Fashionable

"No, no I'm sure she would prefer jasmine." She replied.

"No, oolong." Miss Pink argued sounding annoyed.

"Ah, jasmine it is then!" Miss Fashionable said going back into the kitchen to prepare the tea as Miss Pink facehoofed.

Babs went to sit on the couch but it was dominated by three schnauzers.

"Come on boys!" miss pink said as the dogs moved.

Babs sat down. When she looked up she was shocked to see nine more schnauzers on a shelf. All in angel outfits.

"A-are those dogs.....real?" She asked.

"Our sweet departed angels." Miss Pink replied putting a hoof to her heart. "Couldn't bear to part with them....So we had them stuffed."

Miss Pink went down a list of dog names most of them having 'Jock' in them. As She did this, Miss Fashionable came levitating a tray that had Babs' tea and a bowl of taffy.

"Oh go on, have one" Miss Fashionable told Babs "It's hoof-pulled taffy from Brighton. Best in the world." She said haughtily.

Babs tried to grab one with her hoof put it got stuck, the taffy was so old. She tried to free her hoof but to no avail. So Babs put her remaining hooves on the bowl and pushed with all her might. The taffy came off....and got stuck to the ceiling.

Miss Pink came over and sat down with her. "I'll read them, if you'd like." She said a bit mysteriously.

"R-read what?" Babs said, confused.

"Oh, your tea leaves dear." Miss Pink replied, putting a gypsy hat on her head. "They'll tell me your future. Drink up then, go on, go on. No, not all of it, not all of it. That's right, now hoof it over."

Miss Pink swirled the leaves in the cup, then got a worried look on her face.

"Oooooh. Oh Babes. Babes, babes, babes....You are in terrible danger...."

Babs gasped

"Oh, give me that cup Pinkie!" Miss Fashionable said, taking the hat by accident and looking into it. "Your eyes are going."

"My eyes?!" Pinkie exclaimed, taking the hat back. "You're blind as a bat!"

"Uh, huh. Not to worry, child. It's good news!" Miss Fashionable said, putting her red glasses back on. "It's good news. There's a...Tall handsome beast, in your future."

"A WHAT?!" Babs exclaimed.

"Now, Rarity, Rarity, you're holding it wrong." Miss Pink steadied the cup. "See? Danger!"

"What do you see?" Asked a worried Babs.

"I see a very peculiar horn..." Miss Pink said worriedly.

"I see a giraffe" Miss Fashionable argued.

"Giraffes don't just fall from the sky Rarity!" Miss Pink replied. Just then her tail vibrated and the taffy came crashing down.

"Well....what should I do?" Babs asked. She was asking a lot of questions, but they didn't mind.

"Never wear green in your dressing room." Declared Miss Pink, Bumping Miss Fashionable a bit.

"Acquire a very TALL stepladder." Miss Fashionable continued, Bumping Miss Pink with her chest.

"And be very, very carfu-OH!" Miss Pink cried as she was knocked over. Miss Fashionable only messed with her mane.

" Now, was there something you came to tell us?" Miss Pink asked when she was back up. Both of the elder ponies leaned in.

"No, I guess not." Babs said, picking up her hat. "Thanks for the tea, though." She said as she walked out.

"Tootaloo" Miss Fashionable said.

"Cherry bye" Miss Pink responded.

Babs walked out feeling a bit worried.

Author's Note:

OH MY GOSH THAT TOOK A LONG TIME! i'm so sorry guys! I had family issues. I hope you like the chapter. Feel free to leave a comment. nopony has commented yet...

Comments ( 3 )

Oh I know this

That movie gave me nightmares

4773046 me too buddy, me too

4773046 a crossover with Coraline.

Login or register to comment