• Published 12th Jul 2014
  • 527 Views, 11 Comments

Babs-aline - aires543



When Babs Seed finds herself moved into a new home, she is utterly bored. Until, she finds a secret door to another world.

  • ...
3
 11
 527

Doors, Windows, And a little Babs

The next day it was pouring rain.

"I almost fell down a well yesterday mom." Said a bored Babs While she set seeds in a window sill.

"Uh-huh" Replied her mother, Twilight Sparkle who was currently typing something on a laptop.

"I could have died" said Babs

"That's nice" Said a distracted Twilight.

"So....can I go out?" Babs asked, turning to her mother. "I think it's perfect weather for gardening!"

"No Babs. Rain makes mud. Mud makes a mess." Twilight replied.

"Mom, I want stuff GROWING when my friends come to visit! Isn't that why we moved here?" Babs inquired

"Something like that" Sighed Twilight. "But then, we had the accident." She said, pointing to her neck cast.

"Its not my fault you teleported in front of the herd of buffalo!" Babs retorted.

"I never said it was." Twilight responded still typing on the laptop.

"I cant believe it" said Babs " You're paid to write about plants. And yet you hate dirt!"

"Babs." An annoyed twilight said. "I don't have time for you right now. And you still have unpacking to do. LOTS of unpacking!"

"That sounds exciting!" A sarcastic Babs replied to her mother.

"Oh, some kid left this on the porch for you" Said twilight, levitating a wrapped up newspaper to Babs.

Babs removed one layer of paper, revealing a note.

Hey, Babes. Found this in grandma's trunk. Look familiar?
-Snips

Babs groaned and removed the rest of the paper. What she saw shocked her. It was a little doll that looked exactly like her. It had the same hair and the same burnt orange coat. There was no cutie mark. The eyes were buttons.

"Huh...." Babs said to herself. "...A little me?"

"What's his name, anyways?" Twilight asked, still typing.

"Snips" Babs spat out his name like it tasted bad. "And I'm way too old for dolls."

Babs walked into another room which was intended to be her fathers study. it was currently packed with boxes. There was a red stallion with bags under his eyes, typing on an old computer.

"Hi dad, how's the writing going?" Babs asked.

Big Macintosh ignored her.

"Dad!" Babs said again, annoyed.

Big Macintosh sighed.

"Hello Babs and..." He looked into the reflection of the computer screen. "...Babs, doll?"

"Hey dad, you know where the garden tools are?" Babs questioned.

"Its uh, its pouring out there, isn't it?" Her dad replied lazily, still typing.

"Its just raining" Babs retorted.

"Mmmmh. What'd the boss say?" He asked.

"Don't even think about going out Babs seed!" She responded in an overly exaggerated angry voice while shaking her doll.

"Well then you won't need the tools" Her father replied a little smugly.

Babs groaned. Her hoof hit the door and it squeaked. She smiled and took the nob with both hooves, swinging the door back and fourth making annoying squeaks. this earned an annoyed groan from her father.

"You know, this house is over a hundred and fifty years old." He said

"So?" Babs responded.

"So, explore it!" Big Macintosh said, giving her a pen and notebook. "count all the doors and windows, list everything that blue. just, let me work!" He said going back to the computer.

Babs sighed and walked out the door, little Babs on her back. She nearly tripped over a bmp in the rug. She stepped on it and it went behind her. She stepped on it again and it went in front of her. She stepped on it with all four hooves and it split in two. She decided to leave the room.

She moved on to another room with many windows. She wiped away some of the condensation so she and her doll can see. 'Twelve leaky windows' she wrote, as a water drop fell onto the page.

Up in the bathroom, Babs opened the curtain because she saw the outline of a window or two.

"UGH!" She exclaimed as she tried to kill several gross bugs on the wall with her hooves. This resulted in her hooves getting dirty. Babs turned on the water in the tub, only for the rusty water to come out the showerhead into her mane.

After shaking out her mane, Babs went back downstairs, jumping on the two bumps in the rug, straitening it out. She went into a room and along with the words 'twelve disgusting bugs' she added 'one rusty water heater'. She turned on the light as she left the room which resulted in the lights flickering on and off.

"Nope..." Exclaimed Big Mac as the computer started to malfunction. "Nope nope nope nope nope!" He said as the screen went black. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE!!!!!!" He screamed.

Babs heard this and went back into the water heater room. she saw a piece of paper that said in all caps, 'DO NOT PUSH!!!' She quickly turned the light back on, shut the door and casually walked away with little Babs.

She went into the living room and set down little Babs on the table. Babs went to work unpacking and displaying the small snow globe collection her mom kept on the shelf above the fireplace. She noticed a picture of a blue colt with ice cream spilled down his chest.

"One boring blue boy" Babs said out loud as she wrote. "In a painfully boring painting." She quickly did a count of the windows. "Four, incredibly boring windows and no....more...doors"

Babs went to grab her doll from the table only to see she was gone.

"Alright little me, where are you hiding?" Babs asked.

She looked under the table and around the room until she found the doll hiding behind a box. she slid the box aside revealing a small door that was covered by the wallpaper.

"Hey mom, where does this door go?" She shouted.

"I'm really, really busy!" Came the answer from twilight.

"I think it's locked!" Babs called back.

She didn't get an answer.

"PLEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!" Babs screamed.

"Ugh." Twilight said as she went into the living room. She looked at the door behind the wallpaper, then at her daughter. "Will you stop pestering me if I do this for you?"

Babs gave her best puppy dog face.

"Fine!" Twilight said as she went back into the kitchen. She opened a drawer that was full of keys. She picked out a strange one that had a button on top. She went back into the room and used the key to rip the wallpaper and unlock the door. She opened it to reveal.....

"Bricks?!" Babs exclaimed. "But how can that....?"

Twilight sighed. "They must have closed this off when they divided up the house." She explained.

"Your kidding." Babs stated. "And why's the door so small?"

"We made a deal, ZIP IT!" Twilight said angrily as she stormed back into the kitchen, throwing the key back in the drawer.

Babs took one last look at the bricked up passageway, and shut the door with a disappointing slam.

Author's Note:

yay new chapter! hope you like it!