• Published 8th Jul 2013
  • 1,766 Views, 44 Comments

Twilight Touches The Spirit - HarmonicPen



Spiritual doubts lead Twilight to write a sacrilege story.

  • ...
42
 44
 1,766

Jesus is our superhero

Twilight Sparkle was taught about Christianity two months ago by Fluttershy. Praise! She has been doing well on her lessons and Fluttershy has been pleased at another good sister in christ. Holy love and hymns flourish the air. It’s been a good time in Equestria.

But now there is a problem and a lesson must occur.

Twilight looked uncomfortably at Fluttershy with questioning eyes. She came here today with some questions she has been struggling with and the short fictional creative writing attempt they provoked.

With gracious smile, Fluttershy was wearing her silver cross necklace and had her bible on the table next to her. She looked back and said, “What is it Twilight? Why did you come here to my house today?”

The unicorn looked down. “Um, well I was exhibiting some spiritual doubts.”

“Oh Twilight,” Fluttershy said with concern. She really cares for her friend and wants to make sure she believes the holy truth so they can go to heaven together. “As a good friend I am here to help and keep you on the right track.”

Twilight let a small smile for the glory of fellowship. “Thank you for your support, and I just think you should read this short thing I kinda wrote.”

“Okay, friend.” Fluttershy gave a smile as well. Twilight passed the paper sheet into her hooves.

Fluttershy quietly begins reading:

It was cold. Deathly cold. That's all he could remember.
"Ughh..."
He was alive, but barely.
For what seemed like an eternity, the man named Jesus Christ of Nazareth was hanging on a crucifix by orders of the Roman Empire.
"Ju..Judas.."
Judas had betrayed Jesus. The most terrible level of Hell was reserved for his kind, but Jesus still had sympathy for him.
"He knew not what he had done..."
How long had he been persecuted? Slandered, spat upon, and now left to die upon a giant cross.
"Why?"
He didn't know. Every man has his limits, but he was above anger.
"How could they..."
For his entire life Jesus had tried to teach the world. He healed the sick and fed the hungry, but where had that gotten them?"
"Ungrateful..."
He couldn't help thinking it, but nobody could blame him. He was soon going to give his life for a sick and corrupt people. People that would desecrate the Son of God.
"No more..."
He'd already made up his mind. Such a perverted and gross people must be purged.
"Who will do it?"
Nobody else, he thought.
"Fuck this..."
With a powerful thrust of one of his holy arms, Jesus shattered the arm of the cross.
"Those greedy..."
Another sudden movement and both of his arms became free, stakes still driven into his palms. Jesus fell to the ground with dust settling around him.
"Run."
Astonished onlookers could not bare to move, for what they had seen was nothing short of a miracle.
"Can't say I didn't warn you."
Jesus looked up and shot the crowd a penetrating glare, and his eyes began to glow. Without warning, a massive blast of nuclear energy erupted and decimated everything in its path. Women and men alike, along with the children that they brought with them, instantly obliterated. Nothing was left but blackened earth and a sulfuric stench that could curl hairs.

“Oh my goodness!” Fluttershy shrieked and threw the demonic paper down to the ground. She did not even want to touch it.

Twilight flinched but spoke with naivety, “What is it, Fluttershy? Is it that bad, Fluttershy?”

Fluttershy held back tears at the satanic images put into her head. She felt scarred in a irreversible way. Even the nerve of Twilight to innocently question was offensive to the lord and it hurt. Twilight was really farther off the path than it had been estimated.

She tried to put this in words. “Twilight this is satanic blasphemy for you to write about our lord and savior in this way. He was not a murderer but a lover who spread the grace of God into you and me. Creativity should not be used for such devil work, but instead an erected communion and ode to the glory of our most high light of Israel, and his holy lamb. Writing is then a sacred bond to them that you have betrayed.”

Twilight bowed her head in righteous shame at this instruction. But then she said, “But Fluttershy, this is an expression of the doubts I have struggled with. Why didn’t Jesus do like I accidently wrote about?”

“Oh Twilight, that is a very silly question,” she said with softened eyes of understanding. She is the element of kindness too. “I think somepony hasn’t been reading their bible,” she said mischievously.

Twilight Sparkle blushed at that nervously.

“Twilight, it says in John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”

Twilight nodded her head. “But what about Jesus?”

“And Jesus Christ loves you and me so much he wanted to die and get spit on for us. He wasn’t angry or bitter like in that nasty evil story you wrote, it was a work of love letting us crucify him. He knew it was the only way to save us and so that is just what he did. Jesus paid the ultimate price and got resurrected so that we didn’t have to, now he is in heaven and we can too if we do what he says. This is why we must be fishers for ponies.”

Twilght nodded her head again. “Thank you, that resolved my question, I am sorry for that story, and am proud to be a follower in Christ.”

“I am glad Twilight but you still have sinned, remember, and must be punished. “Whoever spares the rod hates their children.”” Fluttershy knows she must be stern with her sister.

“I understand said Twilight.”

Fluttershy annointed Twilight’s face with holy water then slapped her. “You have sinned and been punished in divinity. Hallelujah.”

“Hallelujah. Thank you.”

Then the two ponies hug tight in friendship and forgiveness. The righteous bond has been strengthened with the glory of the lamb. May we walk with the Almighty, amen.

Comments ( 41 )

this offends my Buddhist ways!

Comment posted by moviemaster8510 deleted Jul 9th, 2013
Comment posted by Scipio Smith deleted Jul 9th, 2013
Comment posted by Panzerkampf deleted Jul 9th, 2013
Comment posted by Lord Erhswin Wholewheat deleted Jul 9th, 2013
Comment posted by Formerly Committed deleted Jul 9th, 2013

2843305
I admit I'm disheartened my story was hijacked by atheists and immediately branded a troll for trying to spread the gospel. What happened to love and harmony?

I do not believe the word of God is stupid and frankly, if you think it is you should just get off Fimfiction.

Comment posted by Lord Erhswin Wholewheat deleted Jul 9th, 2013

2844247 Is it really so awful that a story be a little educational?
It's okay for learning to happen outside the classroom, and daresay in the homes of MLP fans. Writing is a sacred bond and ode to His glory.

Comment posted by Lord Erhswin Wholewheat deleted Jul 9th, 2013
Comment posted by Anal Invader deleted Jul 9th, 2013
Comment posted by Sinful Pickle deleted Jul 9th, 2013
Comment posted by Panzerkampf deleted Jul 9th, 2013
Comment posted by F4D3 deleted Jul 9th, 2013
Comment posted by darkironpony deleted Jul 9th, 2013

I must admit that there are detractors.
I ask you to refrain from commenting if you reject this education.

Comment posted by Sabban deleted Jul 9th, 2013

I would give you constructive criticism, but from the mass deletion of comments suggests that this would be a waste of time and effort on my part. Generally mass deletions like this are looked down upon by most people as it shows an author unwilling to accept any criticism, suggesting egotism and delusion on the part of the author, who is unwilling to view their creation might be less than perfect.

If you are willing to accept my criticism or suggestions for improvement without deleting them, I may consider providing some.

this offends my islamic ways!

Please let it be known I am only banning comments inspired from the devil. He is of course a powerful enemy, but also more rampant than I expected. My Little Pony is a show on love and friendship.
Rest assured I will be praying on this.

Comment posted by moviemaster8510 deleted Jul 9th, 2013
Comment posted by Sunken EldritchSpires deleted Jul 9th, 2013
Comment posted by moviemaster8510 deleted Jul 9th, 2013

I do not accept this. I do not accept hate.

Comment posted by moviemaster8510 deleted Jul 9th, 2013
Comment posted by Sunken EldritchSpires deleted Jul 9th, 2013
Comment posted by Sunken EldritchSpires deleted Jul 9th, 2013
Comment posted by moviemaster8510 deleted Jul 9th, 2013

2845577

How is that hate?
if there is a Hell, you will certainly go straight there.

Ho, the serpent once more reveals his tongue.
----------
All of you have been directly blaspheming the word and purposely contorting my reasons. I have requested cease and desist yet still am I attacked.

Comment posted by Sunken EldritchSpires deleted Jul 9th, 2013

Jesus you are my superhero!

Comment posted by Sunken EldritchSpires deleted Jul 9th, 2013

Jesus you are my superhero!

I am here to provide some criticism. I don't plan to delete my comments, but I guess I will if need be. When you read this, keep in mind that I am an incredibly strong Christian, and I plan to review it as such.

I don't think this story belongs in a Christian group, not because it is poorly written, or has unclear transitions (I can look past those pretty easily), but because it does not exhibit Christian themes.

Surprising? No. In Proverbs 3:5, 6, Solomon tells his son to "Trust in The LORD with all [his] heart; and lean not unto [his] own understanding. In all [his] ways acknowledge The LORD, and He shall direct [Solomon's] paths.

While it is understandable to be skeptical as a new Christian, it is also true that a true Christian, new or not, has fulfilled the two criteriae defined in Romans 10:9: "that if you confess with your mouth Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved."

In your story, you portray Twilight as not only having doubts about Christianity, but also as having fantasized events such as if Jesus had really NOT sacrificed himself, and had instead killed his persecutors. I don't believe this is wrong. While I know this didn't, and never would happen, thinking about this kind of scenario is a regular cycle of having faith and not having faith. In James 1:5, 6, James says "But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But he must ask in faith without any doubting, for the one who doubts is like the surf of the sea, driven and tossed by the wind." By this verse's standards, Twilight is not a messed up being who accidentally wrote a demonically influenced story because of her doubt. She is merely somepony who didn't have faith when it was critical.

Additionally, Fluttershy pushes off her doubting as a "silly question", when in reality, doubt is something that we as Christians deal with on a regular basis, including many of the greats like Rich Mullens, Dietrich Bonhoeffer, and Billy Graham.

Lastly, and perhaps my weakest point:

Fluttershy annointed Twilight’s face with holy water then slapped her. “You have sinned and been punished in divinity. Hallelujah."

I am not Catholic. But disrespecting Catholicsm and its traditions, upon which the rest if Christendom was built, is taking it too far.

I suspect I'm going to get a good amount of hate for this, and I'll probably be labeled as demonically influenced, or something equally as ludicrous, but just know that I believe that I have spoken the truth in accordance with Matthew 18:15-18 and II Timothy 3:16-17

Comment posted by moviemaster8510 deleted Jul 9th, 2013

This is just a religious lesson (a rather bad one, as Austin explains) poorly disguised as a MLP fanfic. I have no problem with Jesus, but this thing sucks.

[youtube=www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwbGjzF3mB0]

2845857

Personally, as an Atheist, I can say that that was excellently written. Far more in-depth than anything I could write.

On his profile, it states that he is both a Humanist and a Christian. Are Humanist beliefs able to really coincide/synergize with religious beliefs like yours? Or did he probably misunderstand that when he put it? (Or is he just an obvious troll?)

2846014

The term Christian was coined by the Romans in the early A.D. Era as an insult to mean "little Christ". As a Christian, I try to live my life out in the best way that I can to parallel Christ's, and since Christ was, according to Christianity, completely selfless, the humanist worldview which emphasizes the value of human knowledge and physical capacity inherently does not fit with the nature of Christ.

Comment posted by ThunderChaserCreate deleted Jul 9th, 2013

This was...an interesting story... Granted, I don't suppose I have much of a say in this seeing as I don't belong to a religion. I understand you wanting to spread your religion, but that's not exactly what this site is for. I suppose if it's not a story that horribly offends everyone, you can write what you want. But to all the people out there who are purposely hating on this story:
Don't. It's rude and not at ALL what this site is about. Love and Tolerate, guys. If you don't have something nice to say, don't say it.
Keep Smiling!
-SS:pinkiehappy:

Just curious, is this meant to be a story that supports or mocks Christianity?
If it is the former, this is very poorly written and conveys the wrong message.
If it is the latter, then it is in bad taste, and I'm sorry you feel this way about my faith.

Please respond and let me know which one it is. I wish to understand your mind-set behind this story.

Login or register to comment