• Published 4th May 2013
  • 1,483 Views, 5 Comments

The Mafia - devil001



With their tight grip on the town of Ponyville everything runs smoothly, that is till another group try to muscle in.

  • ...
1
 5
 1,483

The Mafia Ch.4

The mafia ch.4

Rainbow Dash sat quietly in her kitchen, Scootaloo had finally cried herself to sleep and Dash had left her to the comfort and security of the bedroom. After a quick message to Fluttershy, Dash had gone to her kitchen and pulled out a bottle of apple whisky and downed a couple of shots before breathing again.
A third shot sat in front of her but she just stared at what sat next to it, her hands shaking slightly as she thought back to the last time she put herself in a similar situation.

Dash had always liked Scootaloo, she was like the sister she never had; confident, courages and spat fire at those who bullied her friends. Though she tried to play it cool the kid always had a smile when she was near her and actually made Dash smiled.

That's why when she found out what was happening, Dash lost control.

__***__

Stepping out of her restored Mustang, Dash fanned herself with a copy of Daring Doo. A heatwave had hit town and didn't seem to be going away anytime soon. Shirt unbuttoned, tie loose and jacket thrown over her shoulder, Dash didn't care how she looked at the moment, she'd just spent the last few hours looking for Scootaloo and was glad to have found her, half hidden by a tree on the edge of the forest.

"I'll tell you squirt, you had me worried, not going to school and all," Dash yelled as she approached, Scootaloo jumping at the sound of her voice and trying to shift around the tree so she was hidden from Dash. "I'll say it, I skipped a day or two of school when I was your age, 'Course I was grounded AND had detention when I was found out." Dash smiled as she stepped around the tree and stopped, her smile instantly dropping when she saw Scootaloo crying into legs, her arms covering her face. "Scoot's?"

Hearing how close Dash was, Scootaloo didn't look up as she turned away so her back was facing Dash, trying to stifle her sobbing. Dropping her jacket and book Dash knelt next to Scootaloo and turned her towards her.

"Scootaloo what's-"

As Scootaloo looked at Dash, she saw the black eye, the bust lip and swollen cheek. Unable to say anything Dash just pulled her into a hug.

*

"There's some damage to her eye, but it'll be fine with time and medication," the doctor told Dash in the privacy of his office "we can keep her overnight but we need to call her parents-"

"No." Dash said firmly, gripping the arms of the chair she was sitting in tightly "keep her here until she's healed; no cuts, no swelling, no reminders. Private room, and no calling her parents."

Slightly shocked by Dash's serious tone the doctor cleared his throat and squared up the folder in front of him "erm yes, well we can certainly keep her in our care until she's fully recovered, but unless you can give me a good reason ms. Dash by law I will have to call her parents, or social services"

Standing up, Dash pulled her jacket on and looked down at the doctor "no calls, I'm paying for everything. So treat her like a damn princess" turning Dash didn't give the doctor a chance to reply.

As the door to his office closed the doctor sighed heavily and leaned back in his chair, mopping the sweat off his brow. He didn't want to upset Rainbow Dash but there was still one call he had to make.

*

Standing awkwardly in front of the door, Dash wasn't quiet sure what she should do: should she knock? Should she just go in? What if Scootaloo was a sleep and she woke her?
Before she could decide what to do the door opened itself and outstepped a nurse, who froze who saw Dash's surprised look. Neither moving for a moment before the nurse placed a gentle hand on Dash's shoulder and said

"She wants to see you"

Stepping around Dash the nurse went back to her duties as Dash took a deep breath and stepped into the room, gently closing the door behind her.
As she watched Scootaloo, the kid just look down at her bed not saying anything or moving until Dash sat on the bed next to her and placed her hand on top of hers. Looking up at her hero Scootaloo couldn't stop herself and flung herself at Dash, hugging her and crying again.

"I'm...I'm sorry," Scootaloo sobbed as Dash hugged her back "I'm not...I can't be...can't be like you. I'm not cool like you...I'm not brave or...or...I'm not smart," she chocked "I'm not strong enough"

"Scootaloo stop" Breaking the hug she made Scootaloo look at her, wiping away the tears and looking her straight in the eye "you are. You are so cool you don't even know it, and smart and brave and stronger than anyone I know. Even me."

Shaking her head like she didn't want to hear such words Scootaloo covered her ears as she cried harder "I'm not...I'm not"

"Scootaloo please." Grabbing Scootaloo's hands she held them down to the bed as she felt her own tears slide down her face, seeing this made Scootaloo close her eyes tight, her face scrunched up as neither said anything for a few minutes. Scootaloo breaking the silence by whispering "I'm sorry...I'm so so sorry"

"You've got nothing to be sorry about, you've done nothing wrong. But someone did, who every did that to you did something very wrong Scoot's, and I want to make it right." Drying her own tears Dash cleaned Scootaloo's again "I promise I'll make it right, and I promise they won't make you cry every again if you tell me who did."

Wiping her nose with the back of her hand and gulping down several breath Scootaloo managed to calm down "I...I promise I won't cry every again"
Dash was going to correct her but Scootaloo seemed to draw some strength from the promise, she didn't look as scared as she hugged Dash again, and whispered into her ear.

Hearing the door open Dash was surprised to see Applebloom and Sweetie Belle standing there, looks of surprise and horror on their faces as they dashed over to their friend and hugged her, none of the CMC saying anything as Applejack and Rarity stood at the doorway.
Wiping her tears again Dash stood up and left the three alone, closing the door behind her and not surprised to see the others standing in the hallway

"How is she?" Rarity asked placing a comforting hand on Dash's shoulder

"Scared...hurt..betrayed" looking around her friends she saw everyone looked worried, even Pinky wasn't smiling and had none of her usual perkiness or bouncy-ness "she told me who did it"

*

Walking into the bar followed by Rarity and Applejack, Dash quickly looked around and found the man she was looking for. Marching up to him and kicking the stool from under him she watched as he fell to the floor, his drink spilling all over him. Quicker than anyone could blink Applejack and Rarity had drawn guns and were pointing them at the mans friends, who quickly stepped back.

"Who the fuck...oh shit" the man said as he stood up and saw Rainbow Dash, looking around desperately he saw his friends were making a hasty retreat, the other clientele of the bar were watching but unmoving and the barman was right at the other end of the bar pretending nothing was happening "now hang on-"

Not giving him a chance to finish Dash slammed her foot between his legs, making everyman in the room wince as he collapsed onto his knees. Grabbing his shirt Dash held him in place as she pounded her fist into his face several times before letting him drop to the floor.

"Get Up." Dash ordered as the man coughed and groaned at her feet "I said Get Up"
Watching as the man slowly climbed to his feet, pulling himself up by using the bar, she waited until he'd nearly pulled himself all the way up before she grabbed him by the hair and kneed him in the stomach. Not letting go of his hair Dash dragged the man out of the bar, closely followed by Applejack and Rarity. The others slowly going back to their drinks and conversations, knowing it was best not to pry, and act that what just happened hadn't happen.

*

A certain woman was standing in front of a produce stall, unsure what to buy for dinner that night, she was about to ask the owner but they'd turned their back to her, suddenly taking an extreme interest in counting the money they'd made so far.
Looking confused she glanced to her left, and saw Pinkie Pie, glancing to her right she saw Fluttershy. Spinning around she saw Applejack glaring at her.

Taking off her hat, Applejack passed it to Fluttershy before grabbing the woman by the dress and slammed her head into the woman's face, the distinct sound of a broken noise telling Applejack exactly what she wanted to know as the woman went limp. Keeping hold of the dress Applejack dragged the woman away as the market around them continued its buying and selling.

*

"COOL IT DASH" Applejack shouted as she, Pinkie and Zecora held back the struggling Rainbow Dash, her knuckles torn as Scootaloo's parent lay beaten bloody on the floor, the animals of Fluttershy's cottage riled up around them as Fluttershy tried to calm them down.
But Dash couldn't cool it, couldn't calm down, everytime she looked at the two of them she saw Scootaloo and what she'd said, and she didn't want to stop. Managing to get her arm free Dash threw Pinkie off her, she was about to grab Applejack when Applejack grab her by the throats first, forcing Dash to look at her "This ain't what ya'll promised Scootaloo"

Stopping her struggling Dash panted hard as she knew Applejack was right, making Scootaloo an orphan wasn't part of the plan and wouldn't make things right. "You're right, I'm okay I'm cool" Taking a deep breath Dash relaxed, Zecora and Applejack slowly letting her go. Turning she held out a hand and helped Pinkie back to her feet "sorry"

"S'okay Dash" Pinkie smiled

Looking back at Scootaloo's parents, Dash watched as Fluttershy and Twilight pulled them off the floor slumped them into chair, their faces ten times worst than Scootaloo's. "You sure that stuff will work?" Dash asked Zecora

"No modern doctor I may be, but there is a reason you hire me" Zecora said in her usual rhyming tone, reaching into her ever present hip pouch she pulled out a small clay pot "with this lotion, their wounds I will fill. The only pain worse I think, is a dentists drill."

"Good enough for me" Dash said bitterly "hey Fluttershy, some help?"

Fluttershy was a veterinarian and all round animal specialist, hand her a sick puppy and within ten minutes she'd know what was wrong with it, have it on and off her operating table all stitched up and feeding it treats. Sometimes it was like she could talk to the animals.
That was where she came into the family, she didn't like to but whenever they needed a corpse to disappear Fluttershy would starve her large pen of pigs for several days while she chopped up a corpse expertly, removed their hair and pulled their teeth before feeding it to the pigs.
Fluttershy was one of the nicest people you could ever meet, but the calm she had when doing her family job unnerved even Dash sometimes.

As Zecora moved over to Twilight, Fluttershy came to check Dash's hands; the skin had been ripped off and she was actually bleeding, but Fluttershy had fixed worst. Bandaging her hands on a human was nothing compared to wrestling a bear while trying to pull its bad tooth.
"Let's go into my kitchen" Fluttershy said in her usual soft voice, both she and Dash left the others to finish up.

Moving into the kitchen Dash sat at the table while Fluttershy got her first aid box, now that the adrenaline was wearing off and she was calming down her knuckles were really starting hurt.

"Guess I went a bit too far, huh?" Dash asked as she watched Fluttershy get the antiseptic ready

"I think, if it were Applebloom or Sweetie Belle..." dabbing the cotton ball on Dash's knuckles she watched as her friend grimaced, stopping herself from crying out as the antiseptic did its job "...We wouldn't find the corpses. We're all angry, but you're putting Scootaloo first, and I'm proud of you Dashie"

Fluttershy kissed Dash on the forehead, making Dash smile as her hands were bandaged. Fluttershy was her oldest friend, but sometimes she felt like the biggest mom in the world.
Once the bandages were on Dash flexed her hands, her knuckles still hurt but that wasn't what bothered her, it wasn't even the reason her hands shook slightly. It had been a long time since she'd let loose like that, nearly lost control. She didn't like to admit it, but there was only one thing that could calm her nerves right now.

_***_

The very same thing sat in front of her now, tempting her with its long body and enticing smell, knowing it was the only thing to steady her nerves.
Sighing to herself Dash swallowed the shot of whisky before picking up the cigarette and matchs.

Placing the horrid seductress in her mouth Dash sparked up a match, lit the death stick and savoured the flavour. Blowing the smoke into the room she sat back in her chair, feeling her nerves calm down. "You bitch" Dash whispered as she filled her lungs again.

"Love you too, Rainbow Dash"

Leaning backwards Dash looked over the back of her chair to see an upside down Fluttershy standing in the doorway to her kitchen with a disapproving look on her face, before she could say anything Dash spoke up.

"I know I know, but I need it okay, bad memories and that" getting up out of the seat Dash followed Fluttershy to the mess she'd left at her front door, or to be more precise, on the front door, wall, floor and step.

"Did you have to use the door? It always makes such a mess" Fluttershy asked as she lay down some tarp and, with Dash's help rolled the body onto it.

"It just felt like the right thing to do, it's not going to slow you down is it?"

"Not really, I'll be done before Scootaloo wakes up, and you need to go see Twilight." Pulling a bag toward her Fluttershy opened it, Dash seeing the tools inside she quickly looked away, knowing what was coming next and was glad she could leave the clean up to Fluttershy

"Just don't wake her up, and make sure she gets a good breakfast." Grabbing her jacket Dash headed for the door holding the cigarette in her mouth, hearing the unmistakable noise of a very, very sharp blade slicing through skin, muscle and cartilage.

Author's Note:

I'm back peeps, for how long I don't know.
I plan to add a few more chapters to this an maybe one or two of my other stories. But you know what it's like, you can only focus on one story for so long before you're mind wanders to other things.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment