• Published 4th May 2013
  • 1,482 Views, 5 Comments

The Mafia - devil001



With their tight grip on the town of Ponyville everything runs smoothly, that is till another group try to muscle in.

  • ...
1
 5
 1,482

The Mafia Ch.1

The Mafia Ch.1

Rainbow Dash and Applejack glared at each other, Dash looking more nervous than Applejack who just survived her second blank shot. Between them on the table was one of the most dangerous things in the world, at first there was a one in six chance but now there was only a one in three.

"What's a matter Dash?" Applejack asked cockily, a sly smile creeping on her face "you made the challange, afraid it's gonna blow up in your face?"

"You know me Applejack" Dash took several deep breaths steadying nerves, she wasn't a coward she never backed down from a challange and she wasn't going to let Applejack beat her "I'm too stupid to be afraid"

Reaching out Dash grabbed one of the remaining shot glasses and knocked it down quickly, not giving herself the chance to know if it was water or a shot of Granny Smith's Moonshine, one of the strongest drinks in the whole of Equestria and highly illegal for good reason.
Slamming the shot glass down Dash laughed triumphantly, standing up and raising her arms above her head. Applejack watched as her friend collapsed onto the floor, giggling drunkenly. Standing up she reached over the table and grabbed Dash's jacket, searching the pockets for the keys to her car.

"I don't think Dash will appreciate you taking her keys, or taking her car" Rarity spoke up from reading her book, she'd been forced to wait at the bar while Dash and AJ sorted out their ego's, but a good book and a decent aged Merlot kept her from being bored.

"You walked and I came on my bike" Applejack pulled her own jacket on as Rarity bookmarked her place and emptied her glass "and I ain't having you complainin' about your hair all the time. So we either walkin' or takin' Dash's car, you decide"

"Be a dear and keep an eye on Dash will you" Rarity told the barman as she passed him her book, who nodded as he placed the book beneath the bar.

---***---

The custom restord Mustang roared through the night as Applejack raced down the road, driving into the building site and slamming on the brakes as the car skidded to a halt. Applejack laughed as she shut the engine off, beside her Rarity took deep breaths to trying to calm herself and regain her cool composure.

"How, prey tell, did you get your licence?" Rarity asked, her voice slightly higher than usual, Applejack turning to her with a confussed look on her face.

"Licence? What licence?" Seeing the horrified look on Rarity's face Applejack burst out laughing, Rarity giving a few moking laughs. Opening the door Applejack grabbed her hat "alright, game faces"

As Applejack and Rarity got out of the car all signs of laughter and smiles were gone, everything about them said serious. Applejack unbuttoning her jacket to allow quick and easy access to her holstered Revolver while Rarity took the lead, her suit immaculately clean and not a crease visable on it.
As they walked to the main office of the building site the light shined out of the small windows, a shadow moving as they approached. Nodding Applejack took the lead and without knocking opened the door quickly and hard, giving her the chance to see the site foreman finishing a glass of scotch.

Scanning the room Applejack stepped aside to let Rarity in, both keeping an air of superiority and danger about them as they said nothing and walked upto the desk, only Rarity sat down.

Gulping hard the foreman opening his desk draw, Applejack's hand moving the the Revolver on her hip as he reached inside, he slowly pulled out a bag out and placed it on the desk close to Rarity. As she reached for the bag Applejack kept her hand on her gun and continued to stare at the foreman who kept his hands flat on the desk even though he wanted another drink.

As Rarity picked up the the bag she weighed it, mentaly doing the maths on how much he owed and how much he'd given them. Giving the foreman an ice cold stare she dropped the bag, Applejack drawing and aiming her gun before it hit the desk.

"It seems you have forgotten how much we arranged upon, you're fifty bits light." pulling out a flick knife Rarity started to clean the invisible dirt from her manicured nails "The arrangement was simple, you pay us every month and we make sure everything runs smoothly, from getting the materials you need on time to making sure you have all the workmen you need. Failure to pay, in full and on time, means accidents can start happening."

"It's no problem," the foreman tried to sounds confident but his voice shaking and desperate eyes betrayed him and showed his true fear of the two women, one more than the other. "I'll pay the difference next month, plus interest"

"Oh darling how am I supposed to believe that?" Rarity watched as Applejack walked around the desk, grabbing the foreman and kicking the chair from underneath him. She dragged him from behind the desk and forced him down to his knees next to Rarity who swiftly and skillfully put the knife to his throat, enough pressure to scare but not enough to cut. "You can't even make the usual payment this month."

Rarity forced the foreman to look up at Applejack who stood in front of him, he watched as she removed the six bullets from her revolver and showing him one bullet she placed it back in before spining the chamber and flicking it back to its usual place.

"WAIT! If you k... kill me how are you going to get the rest of the money?" The foreman began sweating madly as the guns barrel was slowly pointed at the middle of his forehead, he wanted to run madly but knew either a bullet or a knife would stop him before he got more than two steps. Closing his eyes tightly he began to silently prey.

"It ain't about the money," Applejack cocked the gun and pressed a little harder "it's 'bout sending a message"
Squeezing the trigger a loud click rang out in the office, no one moving for a few seconds as what just happened sank in. Saying nothing Applejack holstered her gun while Rarity placed the knife back in her pocket, taking the bag off the desk both women left, leaving the foreman in the puddle of his own urine.

---***---

"I will never understand how you do that" Applejack slid the bullets back into her gun, noting that if she pulled the trigger twice the foreman wouldn't have to worry about the urine. "Weighin' and countin' money like that, that gift sure is a, rarity"

Rarity giggled as she tossed the bag in the air as they walked towards the car, Applejack holstered her gun and pulled out the car keys when suddenly the car exploded sending shrapnel in all direction, the force of the blast and the heat wave from the fire knocking them back. Shaking her head to clear it Applejack looked at the inferno that was once Rainbow Dash's pride and joy, Rarity beside her gripping her arm as blood dripped over her hand

"By Celestia" Rarity cried out, the money spilled at her feet and forgotten about "we could have been killed, not to mention my hand-stitched shirt and jacket is ruined. Have you any idea how hard it is to get blood out of a white shirt? It's impossible."

"Sorry if I coudn't care less about your shirt Rarity," Applejack stared open mouthed at the once restored Mustang which was now nothing better than a melted mess "but once Dash finds out I took her car then got it blown up, your dry cleaning bill is the least of my worries."

Author's Note:

This is my first attempt at a more serious pony fic, and i can't even imagine it with ponies, they gots to be human.

I like how this chapter turned out and am planning more, hopefully i'll shock you, put you in awe and surprise you in both good and bad ways along the way.

Feed back always welcome, any ideas put them down in the comments and since this is the internet don't be afraid to tell me what you really think, It hasn't stopped people in the past.