• Published 4th May 2013
  • 1,483 Views, 5 Comments

The Mafia - devil001



With their tight grip on the town of Ponyville everything runs smoothly, that is till another group try to muscle in.

  • ...
1
 5
 1,483

The Mafia Ch.3

Mafia ch.3

Twilight appeared in a bright light and walked down the street towards the only open shop, its lights shining through the large window and casting the writing on it in large shadows.
The restaurant was new to town less than a month old and Twilight hadn't given it a second thought but now she knew what it was and who owned it, she felt it only fare to speak face to face with her up and coming competitor.

As Twilight aproached the door a man as large as Big Mac stepped out and didn't move, she looked up to see the dull witted look on his face that told her exactly who she was talking to.
"I'm hear to speak with your boss" Twilight watched as his muscles moved and stretched the shirt tight as he puffed his already large chest and crossed his arms, without a doubt he'd be able to kill her with his bare hands

"Boss don't wanna see no one" his voice was as thick as his skull, Twilight thought, and her appearence, which told everyone who she was did nothing to him as she could tell he was unimpressed.

Twilight sighed as she shook her head "isn't it past your bedtime little man? I'm here to see your boss" she could see him getting aggrivated as she spoke, by her hip she primed her middle for a flick as the tip of her finger glowed slightly.

"Said boss don't wanna-" as he reached for Twilight she flicked her finger, blasting the large dimwitted man backwards with her magic sending flying through the glass door and rocketing through the empty tables scattering them in all directions.
As Twilight stepped through the broken door she removed her hat and though no one was immediatly visable she said loudly "no drinks please I'm on the clock"

She walked down the path that had been made through the tables to the furthest one and after picking up a chair she sat down. Placing her hat on the table Twilight crossed her legs and waited, knowing what was going to happen and most likely what they were going to try, this made her smile.

She only had to wait a few minutes before a man sat in front of her, his thinning hair held back with so much grease it shined, his short sleeved shirt was wrinkled and his old trousers held up by braces.
He placed a coffee in front of him and sighed with an unimpressed look on his face.

"I got to say kid you got some guts coming in here and attacking my men" as he pulled out a cigar with the butt heavily chewed and lit it Twilight replied

"Funny I was about to say the same thing" earning her a glower and a face full of smoke.

"So let me guess what you had planned, you thought you'd come in here and make a big scene to try and intimidate me and then give a big speech so I'd be sacred off. That sound about right?" Leaning back in his chair he had a smug look on his face as he puffed at the cigar "you know nothing kid, you think that get up scares me? You think you know what I'm going to do to you and your businesses? You don't know anything little girl, you don't even know my name"

"Actually I know everything I need to know about you, Cagliostro" as Twilight said his name a shocked look ran across Cagliostro's face making him nearly drop his cigar "I know what you've done in other towns, the methods and techniques you've used. You understimated Me not the other way around, and I didn't come here to give you a big speech I only came to give you one piece of advise."

"And what's that?" Cagliostro's face was starting to turn red slightly and Twilight knew it wasn't because he was embaressed

"Play by the rules" Twilight stared straight into Cagliostro's eyes and her face was the embodiment of seriosness "don't even think of going after anyone who's not involved in our business, because if you don't play by the rules then we won't and I assure you, we can make things messier than you can."

Cagliostro's face was bright red, vains showing on his forehead when he slammed his hands on the table and stood up and glared at Twilight "you're telling me what to do?" He yelled at Twilight spittle flying from his mouth "I'm going to make you and your friends cry and beg for mercy after I've finished raping you and this town. I'm going to make you my bitch that bends over and takes it when I tell her to; your life is going to be destroyed along with all your friends and family. What do you say to that Twilight Sparkle?"

Calmly Twilight pulled out a hankerchief and wipped away the spittle that had landed on her clothes and hand, and then she put the hankerchief away and placed her hat back on her head. Looking at Cagliostro's red face she calmly said "Bored now" and slammed her hand on the table.

A shock wave blasted Cagliostro back and shattered the windows sending shards of glass into the street outside, the restaurant instantly going dark as the lights were distroyed and any table or chairs that were previously standing had been knocked over.

Brushing a few shards of glass from her shoulder Twilight stood up, on the table in front of her a hand shaped burn still glowed slightly on the table, saying nothing Twilight teleported from the restaurant filling it with a blinding light for a fraction of a second.

---***---

Applejack ate quickly and in large amounts, pushing more egg and bacon into her mouth that should be impossible but after a long night and almost been blown up plus a long day working on the farm ahead gave her a ferocious apitite that Granny Smith was more than happy to sater.
She was just given her third portion when the phone rang, Granny Smith putting the pan back on the stove before answering it.

"Apple residence" Applejack heard her say as she gulped down some coffee "well g'mornin' ms. Twilight, yes Applejack's still here you should see her shoving it in her craw she's like a pig eatin' slop"

"GRANNY" Applejack shouted as she forcefully swallowed her mouthfull "please"

"Hush now yung'en, finish your slop" Granny waved her hand idly and turned her back on Applejack "now what can I do for you? You do know she's s'pose to work the farm today. It's that important? Alright but we'll need to hire some farmhands and you're paying 'em, as long as you understand."

Hearing Granny Smith put the phone down Applejack was surprised when her plate was taken from in front of her "Hey I'm still eaten' that"

"You're done with your slop yung'en, ms. Twilight wants you down to her place as soon as. So get washed, get dressed and get out."

---***---

Applejack entered the library and was met by everyone sitting in their business clothes around the table, Rainbow Dash face down with her arms covering her face and a pair of sunglasses resting on the top of her head.

"You ok Dash?" She asked as she sat down, Dash raised her head but kept her eyes closed and looked in Applejack's direction

"What do you think?" Dash's voice was croaky and slightly pained, her own voice making her hangover pound in her head "I lost to you at a drinking game, my car got blown up and I've got the evil mother-in-law of all hangovers." Groaning Dash gently placed her head on the table, the darkness offering a slight repreave.

"I'll be quick and won't shout then" Twilight stood up and the others instantly listened knowing when she got them all together like this she always had life-and-death important things to say.
"I met our esteamed opposition last night, a man called Cagliostro runs the group. He's a man of short temper, quick action and not shy about speaking his mind."

Twilight walked around the table slowly handing out notes on what she knew about him and how it played out the previous night, slamming Dash's right next to her head making her groan loudly. "I approached him last night oferring advise that he plays by the rules, he responded in turn saying he will be raping this town and us soon enough"

Pinkie looked up from the notebook, which she held upside down, with a confussed look on her face "that doesn't sound like a good party"

"It's not, and that's why we're going to show him how we party" opening her own notebook Twilight looked down the list of preporations and jobs she had planned for everyone. "Fluttershy I need you to find as much as you can about Cagliostro's orginisation, what he deals in, who he's getting a cut from and how many are working for him. Pinkie you better stock up, when we make a move he's not going to hold back and neither are we"

"I've got a new toys coming in tomorrow, it'll be a surprise party they'll never forget" Pinkie smiled her hand snaking into the inside pocket of her jacket, but stopped once Twilight raised an eyebrow.

"Rarity I want you to double check everything, make sure every bit is where it's suppose to be, Applejack you go with her. But before you do anything fix Rainbow Dash, I need her to keep an eye on the CMC." At this even Dash looked up and looked at Twilight dropping her sunglasses to lessen the pain.
"I'm hoping this is just a precaution, I'm hoping he won't do anything this stupid, but I've got a feeling he will and I want us prepared and to send a message. If he doesn't play by the rules neither will I"

"Now Twi you know how messy it got last time" Applejack stood up with a worried look on her face which she shared with the others "we even had to call in favours from high up to get it sorted"

"Well then, let's hope he isn't that stupid"

---***---

Rainbow Dash stood in the shade of a tree near the school, still wearing her sunglasses and drinking a large coffee the Apple family made to counter the Moonshine but was just as illegal, if you drank it without a Moonshine hangover you started to see really weird things like talking ponies and a flying tortoius.

As the school bell rang for lunch Dash watched as kids of various ages poured out into the sunshines, most people would be envious of such youth and lack of responsability but not Dash, she had several cool jobs, owned, restored and drove classic cars that were the envy of Ponyville. It was awesome being her.

"Rainbow Dash"

As a familiar voice called out snapping her back to reality Dash watched as the excited face of Scootaloo ran towards her followed by Sweetie Belle in her usual white dress Rarity made her wear, and Applebloom in her yellow t-shirt and second hand dungarees that was a size too big for her.

Only when Scootaloo was near Rainbow Dash did she try and hide her excitement, trying to have a non-chalount attitued but unable to stop herself from smiling.

"What are you doing here Rainbow Dash? Hey wanna see something cool?"
Before Dash could answer Scootaloo peeled back a large plaster just below her elbow and showed off several small bloody scratches and a large scab.
"I got it yesturday when I did a wicked stunt in the forest"

"Yeah, then she crashed on her butt, why don't you show her the bruise?" Applebloom laughed as Scootaloo blushed furiously

"How do you know she's bruised?" Sweetie Belle asked innocently and making both Scootaloo and Applebloom uncomfertable

"There was a few thorns, and a lotion from Zecora" Applebloom blushed as she fiddled with one of her dungaree straps and Scootaloo scratched the back of her head, Sweetie Belle slow on the up take and unsure why they were embarresed

"So why are you here?" Applebloom asked eventually

"Well I came to tell Scootaloo she's staying at mine tonight, we're gonna get her car finished" Dash smiled as Scootaloo gasped loudly, it took everything the kid had not to jump on the spot.

Scootaloo didn't own the car, not yet at least, Dash owned the old Mustang and with Scootaloo was slowly restoring it piece by piece to have it finished by the time the kid was old enough to drive. They both looked forward to working on it, it helped Dash relax on her down time and Scootaloo something to focus on on the tougher days.

"But before that I'm gonna treat you girls to Sugar Cube Corner" Dash watched as the girls squeed, knowing she'd be the favourite aunt in any family.

---***---

"What do you mean you were forced to pay protection money?" Rarity kept a strange calm about her person, the kind of calm that told other people that they weren't only angry but also disappointed.

"The men, the horrid men barged in and threaten us. They said if we didn't pay them they wouldn't be able to stop any accidents from happening" Lotus could only look at her desk, it wasn't as bad as Fluttershy's but when she was angry Rarity's stare could unsettle you and it was currently focused on her.

"And you didn't contact us?" Rarity slid her hand into her pocket; she could feel Applejack behind her watching her closely

"We had no chance, they followed us and forced us to hand over the money, guns to our heads and threats to everything" Aloe spoke up but quickly quietened down again as Rarity turned to her.

"So you're telling me that they knew today you would have our money," Rarity turned to Aloe and walked up to her "that today we would come and collect and that you would have no excuse to giving away our money"

"But they-"

Aloe was cut off was as Rarity grabbed her by the throat and pinned her to the wall as she brought out her flick knife, Lotus screaming out but held in place by Applejack who without a doubt was her physical superior.

"You seem to forget my dear beautiful Aloe," Rarity gently stroked the knife against her cheek feeling the woman shaking "is that we do not need to threaten, because there is no person stupid enough to think they can cheat us and get away with it. Now tell me Aloe, how do we rectify this situation?"

Aloe couldn't think straight, the knife still brushing against her cheek in circular motions while Rarity kept a firm grip on her throat. She daren't offer Rarity a compensation as it might anger her more knowing it was the fact they lost their money reight before they came to pick it up was annoying her the most.

"Y... you find the men and t... take back the money?" Aloe risked, giving the only answer she could think of

"That's correct, you and Lotus are going to give myself and Applejack very clear descriptions of the men that stole our money and then we will pay them a visit. And the next time we pay you a visit, make sure you have our money" moving the knife Rarity cut off a lock of Aloe's hair letting fall to the ground before turning and leaving, leaving Applejack to get the details.

---***---

"I said you couldn't handle three milkshakes" Dash smiled as the three young girls groaned around her, only Sweetie Belle had some milkshake left and that was because she spilt most of it on her dress, she was just happy it was vanilla

"Granny's gonna kill me for ruinin' my dinner" Appleboom groaned as the straw hung from her mouth and her stomach set to burst but still her clothes were baggy.

"Rarity's going to kill me for ruining my dress" Sweetie Belle sulked as she tried to wipe the strain off but only succeded in making it bigger.

Scootaloo belched loudly.

"Come on girls, everyone always has more room for dessert" Pinkie popped out of nowhere, wearing her familiar puffy pink dress plus baking apron, smiling her usual cheery smile as she held up a tray of freshly iced cupcakes "who wants a cupcake?"

The three girls groaned as they pushed themself away from the delicious treat, their bodies demanding that no more sugary foods be eaten for the rest of the day, or an hour depending on which came first.

"I'll take a box to go Pinkie, me and Scoots are gonna finish up her car tonight" Dash laughed as the bell to the shop door rang and Applejack and Rarity walked in, Rarity's face one of seriousness untill she saw Sweetie Belle's dress then it became one of shock and horror

"Sweetie Belle, your school dress, it's ruined" Rarity quickly moved over to her younger sister and stood her up giving her a better look at the stain

"Relax Rarity it's vanilla, and doesn't she have six other dresses just like it?" Dash asked as Pinkie brought over the box of muffins

"Just because she goes to school doesn't mean a young lady can't look her best" Rarity stuck her nose up at Dash as she fussed over the dress "oh this will never do we need to wash it right away, Applejack you know what needs to be done"

"Yeah yeah, you go handle your 'Emergancy' while me and Pinkie go talk to 'em"

"Boom?" Pinkie's eyes sparkled with hope as she smiled, Applejack's shoulders sagging and sighing

"Yes Pinkie, boom"

Making a squee sound Pinkie threw off her apron and dashed upstairs, leaving the others to get weird looks for the young girls.

"Applejack what are-" Applebloom began but was cut off quickly by Applejack

"None of your bees wax missy, now what in the hay were you thinking having so many milkshakes?" Looking at the table Applejack counted nine milkshake glasses and knowing how thick Sugar Cube Corner makes them she was surprised they could handle more than one "you know Granny Smith's gonna punish you"

"It wasn't my fault" Applebloom pointed to Dash accusingly who looked shocked "she tricked me"

"Oh no don't try to pin this on me, I said you couldn't handle three and it's not my fault you took it as a challange" leaving some money on the table Dash stood and picked up the box of cupcakes "now if you don't mind, me and Scootaloo have a car to restore"

Scootaloo slowly pulled herself to her feet as Dash walked towards the door, Rarity saying before she left

"Hope you girls have a good evening, and no one is stupid enough to try and ruin it"

Dash stopped at the door giving Scootaloo a chance to catch up with her, nodding once to Rarity then leaving.

Pinkie returned bouncing down the stairs wearing her business suit as the door closed, the sound of the bell covering the metalic sound coming from Pinkie's weighted pockets.

"I'm already to go Applejack" she smiled as both Rarity and Applejack led their sisters out

"That's great Pinkie, I gotta take Applebloom home and pick up Mr Smith then we'll be all set"

"Smith? Why you takin' the-?"

"Hush now yung'en, you gonna be in enough trouble you ain't gonna have time to wonder about it" Applejack cut her younger sister off by doing her best impression of Granny Smith, causing Applebloom to groan in time with her stomach.

---***---

Five men around a large table and in the middle were several bags of money, each man taking a small pile and counting it into ten then marking it down. Slowly they counted the protection money they had forced from the various business owners, curtesy of Twilight Sparkle and her friends.

A knock on the door made them all freeze, as one they each drew their guns and pointed it at the door moving towards it slowly.
One man reached the door and, nodding to his friends, checked the peephole but saw no one standing in front of the door, looking away and saying nothing he shrugged to the others before a loud boom rang out and he was blasted back with a large chunk of the door following him.

Not waiting all others fired at the door not bothering to even aim as they kept squeezing the triggers and firing bullet after bullet through it until one by one the guns ran dry and the apartment was filled with the clicks of empty guns.
Before any of them had time to reload something was thrown through the hole that had been blasted into it, by time any of them realised what it was it was too late, the fuse in the grenade had run out and it exploded killing one, severely injuring another and blasting the other two backwards into the table of cash.

What was left of the door was kicked in and Applejack and Pinkie walked in, they survayed the room and was satisfied with the results. Applejack handed Pinkie the shotgun and walked towards the two men trying to recover from being thrown into a table drawing her revolver as she did.

As she stood over them she pulled back the hammer and aimed, not blinking as she put a single bullet into each of their heads and the bodies slumped onto the ground, one twitching slightly.

Holstering her gun Applejack took the shotgun back from Pinkie, who started to collect the scattered coins off the floor, and turned around walking slowly and purposely to the semi-concious wounded man and loomed over him.

"If you survive this" Applejack said "tell your boss who did this, and that he's bitten off more than he can chew"
Using the butt of the shotgun Applejack hit the man in the face knocking him unconcious

---***---

As Applebloom woke she rubbed the sleep from her eyes, without even thinking she pulled herself out of her bed, her nightshirt falling to her ankles as she stood up.
She opened her bedroom door as quietly as she could and moved through the hallway, heading to the bedroom of her older sister. She listened through the door but couldn't hear anything, not sure if it was empty or not Applebloom slowly opened the door just enough to peak in.
She could see the moonlight filling the room; she knew then Applejack wasn't back as her older sister always slept with the curtains closed. Closing the door Applebloom stood in front of it for a few seconds as she bit her lower lip, thinking about what she was going to do and her promise to Applejack. She wanted to wait for Applejack but she'd promised, and a promise from an Apple was a serious thing.

Turning back Applebloom slowly made her way back to her room, not noticing Applejack's bedroom door quietly opening. A figure dressed full in black slinking out of the room and following the young girl, slowly pulling a knife out as they approached and got ready to grab her, to cover her mouth and make sure she didn't make a sound.

Only when they were one step behind her they reached out, preparing the knife for a quick clean cut across the throat. They made to grab Applebloom but suddenly something wrapped itself around their mouth, it was big and strong lifting them off the ground, they felt something wrap around their hand holding the knife and stopped them from moving it.

With their free hand they grabbed at the thing covering their mouth, it felt like an arm, reaching behind them they felt something that felt like a face. They felt the hand with the knife slowly begin to move, the strong hand wrapped around their own keeping them from dropping the knife as it twisted their arm then pushed, forcing the knife to go in through their back. A muffled cry wringing into the arm as the knife pierced the kidney, then pushed to the left slicing through the kidney and to the spine where it was twisted several times, opening the wound largely and letting blood pour down the persons back and legs.

Stopping in front of her door Applebloom looked down the hallway and saw the large outline of her brother, opening her door she yawned "G'night Big Mac"

"Pleasent dreams Applebloom" he replied as the door closed, the body limp in his arms.

---***---

Sweetie Belle slept snugly in the quilts of the bed, Rarity always buying the best in whatever she owned, on the outside Sweetie Belle was only a lump in the bed.

Outside the window a figure looked in, watching the only bed in the room and carefully edged open the window, which was left open slightly to allow a breeze, the way Sweetie Belle liked.

Sweetie Belle pulled the covers over herself more in her sleep, rolling over and making herself comfertable again.

With the window open the person slipped silently into the room, careful to not knock anything and always watchful of the bed. Keeping low they pulled out their gun, using their own shirt to quietly cock the silenced gun, standing up straight they took aim on the unmoving lump.
Aiming at the middle they fired three times, moving upwards with each shot to be sure of a fatel hit.

Clicking the guns safety on they holstered it, but before they could move they heard something behind and suddenly they felt a pressure all around their neck, cutting off the ability to breath as well of the circulation of blood.
A sudden hit to the back of their knees forced them to fall and the pressure on their throat to slide to under the jaw, looking up they saw Rarity's cold, calm eyes looking down on them.

"So you know, before the last breath rattles from your corpse, I knew you were coming. All you've managed to do tonight is shoot some of my pillows, and waste your own pathetic life." Rarity watched as the person struggled, clawing at the wire that was slicing into their skin until eventually they stopped moving, the arms fell and the body slumped. To be sure Rarity kept the wire and the pressure on the neck for another minute before letting the body drop to the floor.

Stepping over the body Rarity closed the window and pulled the curtains closed, stepping over the body again she placed the wire on the bed as she walked past it and exited the room, locking the door.
Entering the bathroom she turned on the light, closing the door behind her and seeing her nightclothes waiting for her. Changing silently Rarity went through her nightly routine of preparing to sleep, once she was satisfide she exited the bathroom and entered her bedroom having to stop herself from groaning in disaproval, Sweetie Belle having messed up her usually perfectly neat bedsheets.

"Oh well," Rarity sighed quietly to herself, climbing into the bed next to her sister "it is only one night"

---***---

Dash stood in the shadows as she watched her front door, she could hear someone on the otherside trying to pick the lock. She was expecting them, she knew they'd go after Scootaloo but she didn't think they'd be stupid enough to come through her front door, or into her home in fact.

As she heard the gentle click of the lock Dash clenched her fists tight, her knuckles cracking, and positioned herself. She knew a job like this was going to be handled by one person, any more and they'd risk making noise, now they were just risking their life.
The door slowly opened and she heard a soft click telling her a gun had been cocked, one in the barrel and no time for fancy moves, as soon as the silencer was visable Dash kicked the door as hard as she could sending it flying onto the gun and onto the persons hands, making them drop the gun and sending it skidding over the floor as Dash kicked the door again.

Stepping around the door Dash was tackled, cought by surprise as her intruder recovered quicker than she expected. Able to stay on her feet she ramned her knee into the mans chest following with an elbow into the back, hitting between the spine and the shoulder blade making him shout in pain and let her go.
Before the man could right himself Dash grabbed his head, keeping it in place as she broke his nose with her knee, as the man straightened she grabbed a nearby vase Rarity had given her and swung it into the side of his face.

Hearing the body fall to the floor and groan Dash took a deep breath and dropped what was left of the vase.
"You really fucked up," Dash said as she kicked the man in the stomach "not only did you blow up my car" another kick to the stomach "you went after Scootaloo, my friend, A Kid." this time she swung for the face, as her foot connected the hall light suddenly turned on and Dash could see who she was hitting clearly, or would have had he not been wearing a black ski mask, it looking moist around the nose and mouth area.

"Rainbow Dash?"

Looking at the top of the stairs Dash saw Scootaloo standing there, a scared look on her face as she saw the man groaning on the floor.

"Get back into the bedroom, now" Dash ordered, without another word Scootaloo ran away. Dash turned back to the intruder and dropped onto one knee, slamming it into his chest and driving his breath out in a blood covered choke, leaning in Dash growled "You came after a kid, going to shoot her in her sleep. That's going too far."
Looking at her front door for a second Dash looked back down and grabbed the mask, pulling it off and throwing it away
"You broke into my house, in the middle of the night while I had a young girl staying at my house. By law, I'm aloud to fuck you up in everyway I can think off and still call it defence." Grabbing an eyelid Dash forced it open, forcing the man to look at her "now you are going to die in a slow and painful way."

---***---

Scootaloo hid under the bed, her eyes and mouth shut tight and her hands over her ears. She didn't want to hear anything, see anything or scream out anything, not again. Dash promised, and she promised no more tears, she fought them back not letting them go.
As the door to the bedroom opened Scootaloo could feel someone walk in through the floorboards, they were getting closer then stopped. She felt someone touch her shoulder, opening her eye slightly she saw Dash looking at her.

Scrambling out from under the bed she hugged Dash, getting a hug back "Dash" Scootaloo's voice was shaky as she gripped Dash as hard as she could.

"It's okay kid" Dash held Scootaloo, she knew why she was so shaky why she was so afraid "you're safe, nothings going to happen to you"

"I didn't cry, I promised no more tears and I won't cry again" Scootaloo felt Dash hug her tighter.

"And I promised no more hitting, never again" letting go she looked Scootaloo in the face and wiped away the few stray tears that had fallen down her face. "They've stopped right? You're mom and dad?"

Saying nothing Scootaloo just nodded her head, being pulled back into the hug. She sniffed a few times but held it all back, the tears the crying and the bad memories.

"Sometimes its ok to cry" Dash whispered to Scootaloo. She could feel her shoulder get wet and Scootaloo shake in her arms as she silently wept into her shoulder, neither saying anything again all-night.