• Published 2nd May 2013
  • 1,410 Views, 10 Comments

Sun and Moon love triangle - FaelaArts



Celestia and Luna try to win the heart of a stallion they just met.

  • ...
1
 10
 1,410

He's mine!

Celestia and Luna are the happiest of sisters most of the time. However, as with the case of opposites sometimes, they had a tendency to argue. One such event was the day they both went to the markets and met this handsome stallion about their age at the time, shortly after gaining their cutie marks. He was new around town, and he had asked them for directions to his hotel. It went something like this:

Celestia and Luna walked through the stalls, gazing enthusiastically at all the trinkets and baubles for show when it happened. They turned their heads to face someone who had tapped Celestia on the shoulder, and fell instantly in love. His silken hair was black and white, melding together in shimmering patters of mystery. It instantly contrasted with his white fur and beautiful and strong wings. His goggle’s rims were black, but the glass was an alluring purple. Both sisters adored the colour, it was suddenly their new favourite.

“Hey, I’m Shimmer Swirl, I was wondering if you two beautiful mares know the way to the Dawnlight hotel?” It took them a few moment to realise he had said something, and Celestia was quicker to recover.

“Hey, I’m Celestia and this is my little sister, Luna. As for the hotel yeah we know the way, but how about we give you a tour first? We rarely get to meet out-of-towners.” Luna shook her head and smiled, nodding and trying to look alluring. Celestia smiled pleasantly, stretching her wings out to get rid of a sudden cramp, showing their full glory. Shimmer paused, and gave a hmmm. Luna glanced rapidly around before leaning forward and butting in.

“If you only want directions to the hotel I’d be glad to fly on you-I-I MEAN WITH-with you-and show you were the hotel is.” Shimmer glanced to her, eyes hidden behind his goggles. Her heart thudded in hope he would accept one of their offers.

“Well I am here for a few days at least so sure. I would have to be stupid to miss out on a tour from two kind mares. Thank you, Celestia and Luna.” Luna and Celestia both took a moment to secretly shudder in joy as he said their name. Celestia smiled, and motioned to the market.

“Well in that case, why don’t we start with the market? I’m sure knowing what is for sale could be useful, and you said you have time.” Shimmer once again paused as Celestia spoke, before a radiant smile lit up his face.

“Why not, sounds like fun.” Celestia and Luna both celebrated a silent victory, and began showing him around the stalls. He was into magical artifacts apparently, he was here to search for some answers from the Prince and Princess. Luna and Celestia shared a glance as he walked over to another table, and agreed to keep the fact that they were their parents from him. It was a big secret after all.

“I call dibs little sister.” Luna watched Celestia as she finished speaking and glance to her. Before she could retort she was trotting over to stand beside Shimmer to look at the wares with him. They began to quietly converse, Luna fuming for a moment before resolving to get Celestia away from him. He would be hers!

“Oh, a solar clock. I hear that the royal Alicorns can attune these to the sun and make them be exactly on time as long as the sun shines.” Shimmer held it in his wing and handed over some bits, buying a piece of some old jewellery chain as well. He looped the square device that held an arrow that was currently hovering between night and day on the picture. Apparently if it was charged it would show the time, no matter the location.

“Celestia, come here for a moment. Close your eyes and lean your head down.” Celestia blinked, a minor blush coming over her face as she obeyed. Was he going to kiss her so quickly? They had just met, she wasn’t sure if she should be uncomfortable with this. She felt something settle onto her neck and opened her eyes, leaning back and glancing down at the watch around her neck.

“I-I don’t know what to say…” she stuttered, glancing away as her blush reddened. They had just met and he was already giving her gifts? Sure it was an old and mangy clock but still.

“I owe you for showing me around today, and for some reason this just reminded me of you. Oh hey look, the dial is now pointing to the sun.” Shimmer pointed and they both looked, indeed the pointer had moved so it was now pointing to the sun. Shimmer didn’t notice Celestia give a nervous glance to Luna.

“So it is…You don’t have to pay me back Shimmer, we’re doing this out of no obligation for gifts or the like.” Shimmer chuckled as she began to wrap it in her magic to lift it off, but she paused when his wing gently halted her actions. Her magic and swirled around his wing, as if they were made for each other.

“Please, it makes me feel better for using you like this.” Celestia couldn’t see his eyes, but the sadness in his voice was enough to make her cease using magic. Their connection faded, and the moment was gone.

Shimmer turned to Luna and gave a gentle smile, “now, we should get you something too. Shall we shop?” Celestia felt an arrow narrowly avoid her heart, telling herself he was just being polite. Luna knew the rules, she would politely disagree and-

“Thou is most kind. Er-But I’m not sure I am deserving of such fine gifts.” Celestia nearly fist—pumped as Luna’s accent showed through. They were from an old part of Equestria, one that stuck to old methods. Celestia had been a rebel as a kid so it didn’t affect her as much, if at all. However due to their teaching’s Luna’s accent got worse. She suspected a magic spell, but she had no proof.

“Nonsense, I’d have to be a pretty bad date not to buy the lovely ladies showing me around a gift.” Luna nearly fainted as he talked to her with such wonderful words, but she held herself to rigid attention and nodded. As Shimmer began heading to another stall, the two shared another quiet conversation.

“Luna I called dibs,” whispered Celestia.

“Alls fair in love and war Tia.” Celestia cursed silently, Luna had trumped her. But it didn’t matter, because if all rules were out, then Celestia wasn’t going to let him go without a fight Both followed Shimmer around the shops, taking turns to try and win his affections. Alas, neither got much headway, and eventually they were done shopping. They showed him around town, stopping briefly for snacks and such as they made their way up a large hill in the local park. Rising up enough to see the view, Shimmer’s mouth flew open in awe at the beauty surrounding him.

“And right over there is the castle. That’s where the Prince and Princess will be. And over there is the hotel.” Celestia was quick to finish off, but Luna injected something as she gaze to the sky as it began to prepare for sunset.

“They call this hill Makeout Mountain. They say the dates up here are magical.” Shimmer flinched, and then put two hooves on Luna’s shoulders and gave her a hug.

“Oh thank you! I was hoping something lie this would be here. I-I need to plan.” He released and took a few steps back, missing the blush visible on her face.

“I need to make plans, for the perfect date with the perfect mare. Listen…I wasn’t going to mention this because we just met and al but what the hay.” He turned and glanced between them, his mouth wide and happy.

“Just-Meet me here tomorrow at noon. I have something special I want to show you.” He turned to Celestia and gave her a hug too. With that done, he bade them farewell, and was gone.

“Wow,” spoke Luna.

“Wow.” Celestia agreed with Luna’s statement.


“I wonder who he chose. It has to be me Tia, it has to be!” Celestia and Luna were quietly bickering over who would get it. They factored in appearance, personality and even how good they were in bed. Needless to say, Celestia had a few more experience then Luna. He crested the hill, and they were immediately silent. He had someone with him.

“Celestia, Luna, this is Star Rhine. She’s my girlfriend.”

Thud.

Shatter.

In three words, he broke their hearts into pieces. As they tried to keep their composure it wasn’t helped by the fact the two had a passionate kiss, or the fact that the cutie marks were taunting them. Shimmer had one half of a heart with a feather through it, Star had the other half with swirls and sparkles running through it. Their marks melded together at the ends with each others marks having the others where the pieces aligned. They were perfect soul mates.

“That’s great Shimmer,” Celestia final spoke, a smile on her face as she put on her mask, “but why are you telling us this?” Shimmer walked over, and then kneeled before them.

“I will admit I am not completely ignorant. I know you are royalty, Princesses of the sun and moon.” Luna and Celestia immediately forgot their own problems and reeled from the shock.

“H-How did-Why do-What is it you want Shimmer” stuttered Celestia, Luna shrinking to hide slightly behind her sister. She wasn’t used to these situations as much as Celestia was.

“I want to beg for your favour.” He bent his head down, and bowed even deeper.

“Please take my firstborn under your wing. Guard, Mage, Servant I don’t care just promise me you will take care of them!” Both sister’s wings flared, and they glanced to Star, and saw her stomach did indeed look a bit bigger then the norm. Celestia didn’t know what to do, there was no precedence for this kind of situation, why couldn’t they take care if it themselves? They couldn't just refuse, he was a good guy and they couldn't just get over their attraction to him just like that! However, Luna was her opposite for good reason. Where Celestia went strong, Luna hesitated. Where Celestia hesitated, Luna went strong.

“As you wish Shimmer Swirl and Star Rhine.”

And so, after a few months a healthy unicorn male came into the world. His parents died shortly after of an incurable disease. Their son was put into the care of one of the families serving the Royal family until he was at an age he could begin his tutelage if he so wished.

His name, was Star Swirl.

Author's Note:

I wrote this without trying for quality, it's just a silly little story that popped into my head. Still, enjoy.

Comments ( 10 )
Comment posted by SuperGiantRobot deleted May 2nd, 2013

The time to wait is ogre.

Hmm, very interesting...

Fair enough, could've been better but still deserves a thumb up :ajsmug::pinkiehappy:

I really liked it, there needs to be more funny stories about Celestia and Luna and who Star Swirl is! Maybe I just haven't looked enough:unsuresweetie::twilightblush:

2517963
I wasn't overly trying for quality, I was just writing for writings sake so yeah the quality isn't that high.
:twilightsmile:So thanks!

Celestia blinked, a minor blush coming over her face as she obeyed. Was he going to kill her so quickly?

Holy shit.

Whoa.

Whoaaaaa.

This just threw me for a loop.

I do hope you meant "kiss".

Seriously, just... whoa

great idea and great story. Thumbs up.

Login or register to comment