• Published 29th Apr 2013
  • 726 Views, 12 Comments

Forgotten Romance - Aetaes Wolf



Hearts and Hooves day has arrived, but one pony isn't celebrating. Cadance decides to cast a love charm on Mystic and is shocked when she finds who else was affected by the charm.

  • ...
14
 12
 726

Familiar Face

Blinking open her eyes, Mystic looks around. The room she was in was unknown, but made of crystal, suggesting she was still in the Crystal Empire.

Mystic shakes her head, slowly allowing herself to get up, ignoring the ache in her bones. Nightmare Moon, now? Is this going to make me go through all of my memories? She jolts slightly when the door opens. "Ah, you're awake."

Mystic turns to face the voice, her wings spread out in a defensive stance.The pony before her just chuckles. "No need for hostility, no pony here is going to hurt you."

Mystic relaxes slightly, momentary panic now replaced with confusion and curiosity as her wings fold neatly against her. A dark grey pegasus stands before her, his long mane pitch black, his eyes red. Mystic blinks. The colt looked eerily familiar for some reason...

The colt walks up to Mystic, whom takes an involuntary step back to keep some distance between them. The colt sighs. "Do you not trust me?"

Mystic just stares blankly at him. The colt chuckles lightly. "No, I suppose you wouldn't, having woken up in a strange place with no way of knowing where you are or what happened." He gently pushes Mystic so she's lying back down on the bed she had woken up in. "You fell quite a ways. You were lucky I had spotted you and was able to get to you before you injured yourself."

"So you... you caught me? As I was falling?"

The colt nods. "Yes. You gave everyone quite the scare. Luckily, you have no injuries, but the doctor said you needed lots of rest. She fears that you may have blacked out from lack of sleep."

Mystic mutters slightly. "I wouldn't call it lack of sleep, more like sleep just keeps hitting me when I least expect it... showing me visions..."

"Visions of what?" Mystic jumps slightly, not expecting the colt to be listening to her.

"T-that's not of your concern! I don't know you, nor do you know me, why would I explain my visions to you?!" Mystic snaps.

The colt blinks slightly before laughing. Mystic furrows her brow in confusion "What in Celestia's name is so funny?!"

The colt shakes his head, grinning slightly. "You."

Mystic blinks. "I'm funny to you? I don't see how I am amusing to you..."

The colt smiles. "Don't worry about it. As for who I am..." He pauses for a moment as he thinks. "You can call me Kage."

"Kage? That's a strange name... What does it mean?"

"In time, you will figure it out. For the time being, you should rest." Kage simply replies. He begins to walk out of the room, though pauses at the door. Looking back to Mystic, he smirks slightly, his sclera quickly flashing yellow before resuming their natural white colour. "Don't worry about those at the castle, princess. Those there know you are safe and recovering."

Mystic's eyes widen in shock at the sentence. Though before she has a chance to question Kage, she notices he has disappeared from the room. She looks around the room in confusion. "He was just- where- what???"

She blinks, letting out a frustrated sigh. No pony is supposed to know about my relations as a princess, how did he know about that? Just... who is he? Why do I feel like I've met him before?

Author's Note:

Geeze, when was the last time I updated this?

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment