• Published 29th Apr 2013
  • 725 Views, 12 Comments

Forgotten Romance - Aetaes Wolf



Hearts and Hooves day has arrived, but one pony isn't celebrating. Cadance decides to cast a love charm on Mystic and is shocked when she finds who else was affected by the charm.

  • ...
14
 12
 725

Thunder and Lightning

Mystic sits on her bed. She had been staying on the castle of the royal pony sisters for a few weeks now. Her arm had been in it's sling, she had badly wounded it, her shoulder becoming very weak. Once the sling was off, she would have to be careful while walking until her shoulder grew strong again. Her room was large, her bed was a king sized bed, a beautifully crafted dresser made of a willow tree stood at the left side of the room, an oak end table stood to the right of her bed. The candle lite on the table gave off just enough light to light the area around Mystic. She looks to the music box on the end table. Mother's music box....She said that her father gave it to her when I was born, she played it for me when I was upset. She let out a sigh, looking out her window to the night sky. Luna had raised the moon and brought out the stars. She gazed up at the sky, The night is so pretty..... her thoughts are interrupted as she hears her door open. Her gaze shifts to the door as she watches Luna enter her room. The princess gives a soft smile. "It is late, you should be in bed."

Mystic mutters "I'm not tired...."

Mystic feels herself being lifted, realizing Luna's using her magic to lift her. Luna pulls back the covers on Mystic's bed, placing her gently down again and walking over to Mystic. "You need to rest." Luna's horn glows blue, she uses her magic to pull the covers over Mystic's body, tucking her into bed. "The doctors said rest was important for you."

Mystic looks at Luna. "But I'm not tired! I don't need to go to sleep yet...."

Luna chuckles lightly, giving a thoughtful look. "How about I sing you a lullaby, then?"

Mystic blinks, giving a small nod. Luna gives a smile, clearing her throat, she begins to sing.

Though the sun will rise,
The moon will still shine.
Guiding us back home,
We are never alone.
As long as the moon still shines.

The stars will shine for the moon,
Though they disappear as the sun rises
They will shine again soon,
When the moon starts to rise.
They will guide us home.

Though the moon will set,
Little one, do not fret,
The moon will rise again.
Though the stars may fade,
Their light can't be swayed,
The stars will shine again.

They will guide us home.

Mystic listened to the lullaby, Luna's voice soft and sweet. She began to drift to sleep.


Mystic woke up, immediately sitting up, the loud crashing of the thunder outside waking her from her sleep. Her breathing rapid, lightning flashing across the sky. Her ears flatten, the images of the dragon attack flashing in her mind. She buries her face in her pillow, tears falling down her face. Stop it! MAKE IT STOP! The door opens behind her. "Mystic? Are you alright?"

Luna entered the room, walking over to the bed. "Your dream was interrupted...." She stops when her eyes lay on Mystic.
"Mystic...?"

Mystic looks to Luna, tears falling down her face as she cries. Luna looks at her with a concerned look. "Mystic-"

A loud crash from lightning an be heard. Mystic jolts, running to Luna and burying her face into her fur. Luna blinks. "Mystic."

Mystic sobs. "Mama...please...Make it stop......"

Luna looks at the filly. "I...I'm not...."

"Please....." Tears stream down Mystic's face. "Mama...Please....."

Luna's gaze softens, she wraps her wings comfortingly around Mystic. "It'll be alright, I'm here."


A few days had passed since the storm. Mystic lays on her bed, her legs tucked neatly under her and her tail wrapped around her. A book lays in front of her, her eyes graze it's pages as she reads, using her magic to flip the pages over. A knock is heard on the door. Mystic looks up, marking her page and closing her book. "Come in!"

Luna walks into the room, carrying with her magic a neatly wrapped white package that had been tied together with a red ribbon. "How are you feeling?"

Mystic gives a weak smile. "Better, thanks."

Luna smiles, flying the package over to Mystic and gently putting down on the bed in front of her. "I got you something while I was out."

Mystic blinks, looking down at the package, unsure of what to think. She grabs the edge of the ribbon in her mouth, pulling it back, undoing the bow that had been tied and the ribbon falls of the package. Using her magic, Mystic unwraps the package, and lifts the lid off the box. She cover her mouth with her hoof, tears begin to fill her eyes. Luna frowns slightly. "Is...Is there something wrong with it?"

Mystic shakes her head, giving a small smile as a tears run down her face. "No....It's perfect."

The item that had been placed in the box, was a stuffed toy dragon.

Author's Note:

Fun fact:
I started writing this while there was a thunder storm going on outside. Talk about coincidence!