• Published 29th Apr 2013
  • 725 Views, 12 Comments

Forgotten Romance - Aetaes Wolf



Hearts and Hooves day has arrived, but one pony isn't celebrating. Cadance decides to cast a love charm on Mystic and is shocked when she finds who else was affected by the charm.

  • ...
14
 12
 725

Visions

Mystic opens her eyes, sunlight filtering into the crystal bedroom. She rubs her eyes, using her magic to place her glasses over her eyes. She yawns, stumbling out of her bed. She grabs the sheets in her mouth, neatly making her bed. She looked around her room, it was laid out liker her room in Canterlot, though everything looked like it was made of crystal. She lets out a breath, walking to her dresser and picking up the brush that lay on it with her magic, her begins to brush her hair. I shouldn't need to be here.....It's just memories. Just dreams. Her mind wanders back to the day before, flickering to the shape she had seen outside the train. She shakes her head. No...That's impossible. It couldn't have been... She sighs, walking out her room. I just...Need something to make me ignore this stupid feeling. She walks down to the dining hall. Breakfast would be nice.


After she had eaten, Mystic went to the main hall. Cadance was already there. "Ah! You're awake!" The pink alicorn walked over to Mystic and gave her a small hug. "Did you sleep well?"

Mystic returns the hug. "Yeah, I slept fine." Mystic looked around the main hall was quite large, it had a few hallways leading off to another room. In a way it was...A bit too big. Mystic gives a weak smile. "I'm going to go get some air." She trots to the balcony, putting a hoof on the railings. She looked down, across the empire. Everything was made of pure crystal, the buildings glistened beautifully in the sun.

"Mystic?" Mystic turned to see Cadance walking up behind her. "Are you alright?"

Mystic nods "I'm fine...Just needed some air, that's all."

Cadnce goes to say something, but closes her mouth, only giving a nod. "Alright...Just...Let me know if you need anything, alright?" She turns and heads back inside.

Mystic sighs. Right. Cause I want them to worry about me even MORE then they already do. She sighs, looking down at the crystal ponies. They seemed busy, now, working their own lives that they had lost to Sombra's curse. One thousand years lost....They must have a lot to do to make up for the lost years. Images begin to flash in her head, though they went to quickly for her to see. Mystic's ears go down, she puts a hoof to her head, closing her eyes. "Nggh..."

"Your highness?" Mystic opens her eyes, one of the palace guards walks toward her. "Are you alright?"

Mystic blinks, putting her hoof down and giving a weak smile. "Er-I'm fine...I just need to go for a fly." She immediately spreads out her wings, taking off and flying through the air. She could hear the guard calling after her, but she ignored him, flying as fast as her wings would carry her away from the palace. The images began to flash in her mind once more, though she could not block them out. No...Please....Not now! The images began to overwhelm her, her vision becoming blurred. She falls, her wings no longer able to carry her. Her vision fades, as unconsciousness engulfs her.