• Published 29th Apr 2013
  • 725 Views, 12 Comments

Forgotten Romance - Aetaes Wolf



Hearts and Hooves day has arrived, but one pony isn't celebrating. Cadance decides to cast a love charm on Mystic and is shocked when she finds who else was affected by the charm.

  • ...
14
 12
 725

Dark Memories

Mystic watched wide-eyed as the dragon passes over her and the draconequus, roaring in anger and destroying whatever it can. Once the dragon passes over, the draconequus gets off of Mystic and flies up to a nearby tree, his yellow and red eyes peering over the forest. Mystic sits up, and stares at the path of destruction it made. The draconequus breaths a sigh of relief. "It's gone."

He flies down, landing in front of Mystic. "Are you alright, miss?"

Mystic only stared at where the dragon went. The draconequus takes a small step foreword. "Miss?"

Mystic gets up and runs through the dragons destructive path. The draconequus calls after her. "Hey, wait!!"

Mystic ignores the draconequus, and keeps running. Please, in Celestia's name, please, let me be wrong! She stops when she reaches the edge of the forest, her go flat and her eyes grow wide. "No....Dear Celestia, please! No!"

The village she called home, was being engulfed by the dragon's flame. She ran into the village, though most of the ponies fled, a few remained, trying to put out the fires. "Mom!"

Mystic runs through the village, careful to avoid the dragon's fire. "Mom!! Where are you!?"

She runs to the flower shop, her mother looking at her through the shop window. "Mom!"

She runs up to the window, the door of the shop has been blocked by parts of the ceiling. "Mom, please come out!"

Velvet Rose shakes her head. "I can't, there is no way out."

The fire begins to weaken the structure of the shop, a loud cracking sound comes from the roof. Mystic continuously slams her hooves against the glass, despite the pain in her shoulder. "No! Please! Don't leave me! You can't leave..."

Velvet Rose places her hoof against the glass. "Everything will be alright."

Mystic begins to cry. "No it won't! If you're gone then....I-I'll be all alone!"

Velvet Rose closes her eyes. "You'll be alright. Be brave, Mystic." She softly smiles, tears begin running down her face. "I love you."

A loud crack rings through the air, and the roof of the shop collapses.


"Mother!"

Mystic awakens, and immediately sits up. She can feel her heart pounding in her chest, and her breathing is rapid. She looks up, moonlight filters through the window and she realizes she's back in her bed in Canterlot. Tears begin to run down Mystic's face, she buries her head in her pillow and starts to cry.


Mystic awakens, her head pounding and her shoulder in more pain then she could have imagined. She looks around, though her sight is a bit fuzzy. Voices ring in her ears, though they're muffled. Mystic remains laying in what she guesses is a bed. She looks up at the ceiling, her vision slowly returns to normal. A hospital? How did I get here..? Her hearing returns to its normal state, making the voices clear.

"-covered, it'll be weak, so she'll have to be careful."

"I understand."

Hoofsteps indicated that somepony had left. "You are awake. How is your shoulder?"

Mystic doesn't recognize the voice, but she can only guess that it belongs to the pony who brought her here. She looks to her right.

"It really hurts, more then I remember."

A blue alicorn comes into Mystic's view. Mystic blinks. "P-princess Luna!?"

The alicorn nods. "My sister sends her condolences. She thought it was necessary to talk to you, though she could not come herself."

Mystic sits up, noticing her entire arm is in a cast. "What? Why?"

Princess Luna sits bedside the bed. "There was a magic blast, a very powerful one. One almost as powerful as my magic, or my sister's. You were at the center of the blast, you were the one who made the magic blast."

Mystic cocks her head in confusion. "Wha-? B-but...I-I'm not that powerful! I-I couldn't of-"

Luna smiles gently. "You are a talented filly. Your magic is very powerful, but you need to tame your magic. Mystic, my sister and I would like to make you our student."

Mystics eyes grow wide with surprise. "Wh-what?!"

Luna lets out a small chuckle. "Well, what do you say?"

Mystic blinks then nods. "Y-yes!"

Luna smiles. "Very good! I shall inform my sister." She begins to walk away.

Mystic looks at Luna. "Your highness?"

Luna stops and looks at Mystic. "Yes?"

Mystic lets out a breath. "Where there any other ponies you found?....A-aside from me..."

Luna shakes her head. "Most of the ponies had fled when we got there, though we found a few in the wreckage of the buildings. But...you were the only one we found that was alive."

Mystic lowers her head. "Oh."

Luna walks up top Mystic. "Are there any family members I can contact?"

Mystic shakes her head. "No."

Luna nods and walks out. Mystic rolls over onto her side, tears falling down her face. Her attention turns to the objects on the end table beside her. A small box-shaped brown paper package is sitting on the end table, a note is beside it. Mystic grabs the note and begins to read it.

Hey!
Are you doing well? You were in pretty bad shape when I last saw you. Sorry about what happened, I heard a few ponies died in the fire. I managed to save something for you though! Get better soon, alright?

~S

Mystic read the note again. S? Who's S? She shook her head, confused. She grabs the package and carefully unwrapped it. She lets out a surprised gaps. What in the-? Th-this is! Sitting on her lap, in the the brown paper, was her mother's music box.

Author's Note:

You might have noticed that this story may involve a bit of these memory dreams. Neat, eh?
Anyway, when I originally finished the chapter, it was like only 400 words long. So I added a bit of another memory dream, so I could make it longer! :derpytongue2:
I wrote this chapter before I even started chapter 3! :yay: