• Published 29th Apr 2013
  • 725 Views, 12 Comments

Forgotten Romance - Aetaes Wolf



Hearts and Hooves day has arrived, but one pony isn't celebrating. Cadance decides to cast a love charm on Mystic and is shocked when she finds who else was affected by the charm.

  • ...
14
 12
 725

Train Ride

Mystic sat near the back of the train with Cadance, the ride was a couple hours long, so the two ponies could relax for a bit. Cadance watched as Mystic lay down in her seat, her eyes suggested she was tired, but didn't like showing it. Cadance sat on the seat across from Mystic, allowing the mare to lay down if she desire to. Mystic slumped down to lay on her seat. More then anything, she looked sad. "Mystic...Are you alright?" Candance asked. She knew the answer that would come, but decided to ask anyway, in case the answer was different from what she was expecting.

Mystic glances to Cadance, muttering her reply. "I'm fine."

"You don't look fine."

Mystic turns her head to look out her window. "I'm fine."

"Mystic, you don't need to-"

"I said I'm fine!!" Mystic cut her off, obviously guessing what she was going to say, which seemed to have been pretty accurate.
Mystic lowers her ears. "Stop trying to protect me."

Cadance lowers her ears a bit, letting out a defeated sigh. She looks out her window, watching the scenery go by as the train moves. She takes a moment to think. What could be causing her this distress? She looks to Mystic, who was staring out her own window, a thought crossing her mind. Hearts and Hooves day is not far off....Perhaps.... Her horn glows with a light blue magic, she perks her ears. Just a small one....Maybe it'll help. A small red heart appears above Mystic, and quickly fades. Mystic's ears perk up as she looks out her window. Cadance gives a small smile. It's already helping!


Mystic looks out her window, her ears lowered. I'm not a filly anymore, I don't need them to protect me! A warmth passes through her, she twitches her tail, not sure where is came from. She ears perk up as she spots a familiar shape pass by the train, her eyes widening. Was that..? She shakes her head, laying her head on the seat. No....It's probably nothing. She closes her eyes, attempting to get some sleep. A nagging feeling refuses to left her drift off, she opens her eyes, sitting up and looking out her window, deciding she'll get some sleep back at the crystal palace. Whatever she had hoped to see, it was not there, the empty landscaped was the only think that stared back at her.

Author's Note:

AAAAAAAH! So so so soooooooooooooooooo sorry for not updating sooner! Got really busy so I haven't had time to update this story! :fluttershysad: So much going on right now, I'm amazed I could just spend some time writing this! Please be patient with me when it comes to updating stories!
Sooooo sorry for this super short chapter, but I really wanted to update this and really could think of ways to make it longer!