• Published 29th Apr 2013
  • 725 Views, 12 Comments

Forgotten Romance - Aetaes Wolf



Hearts and Hooves day has arrived, but one pony isn't celebrating. Cadance decides to cast a love charm on Mystic and is shocked when she finds who else was affected by the charm.

  • ...
14
 12
 725

Prolouge

A small blue unicorn filly watched in awe as the moon began to rise, her bright blue eyes fixed on the full moon, and her dark blue main blowing gracefully in the night wind. She balanced her small front hooves on the fence of her balcony to get a better look. Her eyes sparkle in amazement and a smile appears on her face. "Wow!"

"Mystic? Mystic!"

The filly twitched her ear and turned to look behind her. A unicorn mare stood in the doorway, her two-tone green main blowing in the wind, and her green eyes fixed on the little filly. "Mystic, come inside, it's getting late."

"Coming mom!" Mystic takes her hooves off the the balcony's fence and runs over to her mother, brushing her head lightly against her teal fur. Her mother's flank bore a red rose, which was her cutie mark. Mystic was a blank flank, but she didn't mind. The mare nudged Mystic with her muzzle. "Come on, it's time for bed."


"Can't I stay up a bit longer mom?"

"Not today, now go. I'll tuck you in."

Mystic let out an annoyed sigh. "Alriiiiight."

She trots into the house, her mother following close behind her. Mystic looks around the room as they walk through it. The main room was large, a couch and a few chairs huddle in a semi-circle around the fireplace, and a desk was pushed up against the far wall. A few pictures hung on the wall, acting as decorations. Photos sat on the fireplace ledge, showing Mystic's family as she grows up. Mystic noticed there were a few letters on the desk, each letter marked to Velvet Rose, Mystic's mother.

Mystic turned down the hall, and followed it 'till she reached the end of it, then turned into her bedroom.

The room was small, just big enough for a filly. To an end of the room was a bed, up against the wall there was a dresser and a mirror, a toy chest was placed close to the bed, a few toys were sprawled around it. Moonlight filtered through the window, giving the room some light. Mystic climbs into her bed and pulls her favourite stuffed dragon toy close to her. Velvet Rose gently pulls the covers over Mystic and tucks her in. Velvet Rose proceeded to walk out the room, thinking the filly would fall asleep. "Mom?"

Velvet Rose stops and looks at her daughter. "Yes dear?"

Mystic is sitting up in her bed, her hooves wrapped around her toy dragon. "When will dad come back?"

The question took Velvet Rose by surprise. She walked up to her daughter and nuzzled her comfortingly. "I don't know."

Mystic sighed, and laid down. Velvet Rose pulled the covers over her. "Your father will come home soon."

Mystic looked at her mother. "Promise?"

Velvet Rose gave a gentle smile. "I promise." She kissed Mystic goodnight and left the room, closing the door gently behind her. Mystic snuggled her dragon toy and closed her eyes, her thoughts drifting to her pegasus friend in Clouds Dale as she drifted off to sleep.


Mystic's eyes glistened in the sunlight and she trotted around in the field behind her house. Velvet Rose was working, so Mystic was on her own until her mother came back. She laid down and rolled onto her back, staring up at the clouds in the sky. She loved to find shapes in the clouds, it helps her relax. A butterfly landed on her face and tickled her nose, causing her to sneeze. The butterfly fluttered off her nose and down a nearby hill. Mystic got up and began to chase it. As she chased it a small rock tripped her, and she fell down, ending up tumbling down the hill, landing face down on the ground. "Oww..."

Mystic slowly sits up, covered with scrapes and bruises. She rubs her shoulder, where the worst of the pain is. "I think I sprained my shoulder..."

She looks ahead, she had fallen at the entrance of a forest. "There's probably some vines in here, I could use those as a sling until
Mom can take me to a doctor."

Mystic stands up and walks into the forest, keeping her injured leg off the ground. Sunlight filtered through the leaves, as she walks through the forest. She spots some vines hanging off one of the trees. "Ah! That'll do!"

The vines are too high for Mystic to reach, so she decides to jump to get them. She jumps up, her hooves just barely out of reach, and she crashes back down, landing with a loud thud on her back. Mystic groans, not wanting to get up, but she gets up anyway, and looks back at the tree. She cocks her head in confusion. "Wha-?"

The vines had been cut, Mystic looks on the ground, seeing the vines laying in front of the tree. "How did-? ...Never mind."

She grabs the vines in her mouth and ties them in a loop around her neck, then carefully slide her injured arm into the make-shift sling. "There, I can let my shoulder rest now."

Mystic begin to leave the forest, re-tracing her steps to find her way back to her home. About half way out of the forest, something hits her from behind. She falls onto her back and a small Draconequus pins her to the ground. She stares as the Draconequus, who is only a bit bigger then her. "Hey! What are you-"

A loud roar cuts Mystic off, her eyes grow wide with fright as she looks above her. A large dragon passes close over their heads, roaring in anger and destroying whatever gets in it's path.

Author's Note:

Trying a new romance-y type story to improve the romancing I do in other stories. And let me tell you, I SUCK at romance! So hopefully this'll improve my romance for other stories I write!





Also, I'll be placing a few references in this story! Can you find them all? :raritywink: