• Published 25th Apr 2013
  • 3,136 Views, 70 Comments

Leap of faith - Theblacksmithbrony



It's time for Scootaloo to take a leap of faith

  • ...
6
 70
 3,136

Healing methods

"I'm here for you, kid"

Just those few words uttered by her soothed me. The feeling of safety was overwhelming. With Rainbow Dash in my presence, I felt safe.

Still in a tight hug and tears falling from both our eyes, I felt the feeling of closeness and love, something I never felt since my mom passed away. There was something else. It was a feeling that I never felt when with my father. It was my mother who last gave me the feeling. Security. It may be too soon but my mind has decided that Dash was my emotional rock, and my heart is saying that she will never let me down.

Reassured from both her words and myself, I felt happy.

I snuggled closer and put my head into the crook of her shoulder, smiling to myself.

A short lived happiness, though. Indecipherable murmuring floated through the wall. The pitch and tone matched the one pony I did not want to see. Just the sound made me lose my new found joy and safety. I got scared again and started hugging Dash tighter.

"Thanks, Dash. But... what's going to happen after?" I mumbled

"Whatcha mean, kiddo?"

"Well, after I'm out the hospital. What's going to happen then?"

"Well, because your father is in the hospital and there won't be anyone else to look after you, the doc asked if I could take you in." Her words were reassuring, but my fear continued to rise.

"But I don't want to go home to him... I don't want to go." Pushing my face closer to her I started to cry

"I don't wanna go."

"Hey, kid, it's alright, you're not gonna go back there," she reassured. "I'm not gonna let that happen"

I could hear the firmness in her voice. I still felt scared.

"He's just in the next room. What if he finds me?"

"I'll talk to the doc about it, okay? He won't get you. Hell, I'm not gonna be leaving this room till you're better. Or if I need the loo." She smiled at the last bit. I couldn't help but giggle a bit.

Still giggling, I saw the doctor walk in with the chart in his mouth.

"Ahh, I see both your moods have brightened." He mumbled through the chart.

"Yeah," said Rainbow, still smiling. "So, doc, what's the news?"

"Well, looking at the X-rays, I can tell you that after your bones are healed you can start flying again. That may be a month or so, and the crack to your skull is minor and should heal itself." He placed the chart back onto the bottom of my bed.

"Umm, doc, there is something I would like to speak to you about," Rainbow said with a sudden stoic behavior. "Outside."

"Okay," replied the doctor.

"Be back in a second, kid"

"Okay, Dash," I said still smiling.

As the duo left the room it gave me some time to think and mull over things. Fanfilly things.

Ohmygoshomygoshohmygosh Rainbow Dash was hugging me! Wait. I'm going to be living with her I silently squeed. Just imagining myself walking through her cloud corridors brought me momentary bliss. Sitting in her living room, climbing the stairs, just being inside would make me happy for a lifetime. I've seen the cloud mansion from the outside. As big as it was from the outside, I couldn't fathom the size of it indoors.

This means I’m gonna be with her all the time. She might even teach me to fly as good as her. She might let me join her weather team. Yay!

My thoughts were then interrupted by the slowly growing volume in the talking between the doc and Rainbow Dash. Although the door was thick enough to block the start of the conversation, the now aggravated voice from Rainbow became clear.

“He can’t get near her, doc! It’s his fault she’s in here!”

Whatever the doctor replied was illegible to me other than a few mumblings about rights and policies.

“You can’t be serious, doc. He’s just gonna put her straight back in here when she gets back home.” After that, she started getting quieter, and her voice reverted back to just murmurings through the door.

It might not be dad who puts me back in here. I thought solemnly. If it comes to that I better make sure I succeed.

Looking down on the dull green sheets where a few of Rainbows hairs were left over. She might miss me. Well that's one more person to miss me. Great.

The door opened to reveal a flustered Rainbow Dash.

"Listen Scoots, we might have to talk to the guards about this situation." She stated in a stoic attitude "There's another thing and you might not like it."

"What is it?"

"Your dad wants to see you."

Comments ( 25 )

I have to say i love your story, i think it's very good. I can't wait to read the rest of it :D

Bastard had better feel guilty!

2536725 it should be. Like the first chapter this one is also going to be from my own personal view

Sweet mother of Cel- this is kind of like what my "sister" is going through, with Scoot's dad being her dad, and Rainbow being like the neighborhood mom where I live :rainbowderp::pinkiegasp:
She didn't try to kil her self though, she was constantly yelled at and was choked against the wall, she even saw her mother be choked against the wall. But her father has his drunk girlfriend living with him who makes it all worse.:fluttershysad:

2543984 my heart goes out for her. I wish I could say I could help but I can't travel through a screen. It disgusts me to the point of no extent to know that it's a man doing such a thing. No man hits a woman or worse a girl. And her father too.

Well this story was my outlet when such a thing happened to me just the reason scoot didn't hit her father back is because in the same fight my mother, after wishing me to have died along with my deceased father, broke my nose while my step dad watched. I could take the hit no problem it's the mental hit that hurt.
Later that night I drove out to the first place I could think of. The cliffs. I sat on the edge and drank myself till I was smashed drunk and contemplated what life was. I decided I'd wait just another year and ill be able to move out.

That's where my boss came in. He is essentially rainbow in this story. When I turn 18 I'm moving in with him and then I'm going to be working on my apprenticeship.

It's good to know that there are still people out there who will still lend a hand to those who need it.

The Blacksmith

2545681 I'm so so so sorry for you're loss. And I feel bad for any pony that gets abused. I want to come and beat up them into a mental instatute where they rot... I would also throw a potatoe at them. :)

2543984 that is soooooooo sad. Some pony should call CPS on them. I normally don't say things like that but I am now...:pinkiegasp:

2546896 thanks but I find violence does nothing but cause more violence and once that ball starts rolling its hard to stop.

2547028 that or call CPS on them... What ever is fine with me. At least they get them the help they need...:moustache:

2545681 I am sorry, no not sorry, I am extremely devastated and a little surprised that this story was kind of based off of your situation

2546955 We already did, she got to live with the neighborhood mom for almost a month but was forced back into her home 8 days from today, last month. They said she had no case, and her father was threatening her on Facebook while she was there and even (what I think was a dumbass move, excuse my language) went to the point where he said he was going to get a lawyer or something.:fluttershysad::ajsleepy:

2563939 You have the rights to the language. But the rest still seems a bit confusing... I even read it like 10 times...:fluttercry::ajsleepy::rainbowhuh:

2564712 Ok I'll simplify it for you

Stupid shit went down as Aimee, that is her name, lived with the neighborhood mom so she could get away from her dad

2597584 that makes sense now... :derpyderp1::derpyderp2:

any chance of an update report? :scootangel:

2732772 it's getting there... Slowly. RL and stuff just getting in the way. Sorry. Should have another chapter soon

PLEAAAASEEE!!! CONTINUE!!

Right status update to any who read the comments... As you can see the story is on hiatus. This will be in effect for 11 weeks sorry. But not to fear for within those 11 weeks ill finish this story and the second and the third... And the fourth of the series. I have the plans made and with just a little spoiler for you... The CMC are involved. Really sorry for the delay but if I do get the next chapter written ki shall post it:twilightsheepish:. Sorry again guys and thanks for the help and stuff :scootangel:

Holy frack.
I'm not much for scootabuse but this is freaking awesome! The emotions, the way you captured that emptiness is beautiful. I like how she had that epiphany in flight, that for some reason resonated very well to me, and then of course mood whiplash; she almost dies. but yay Dash saved her. And now this cliffhanger, gee whiz, but her dad can't do anything to her in front of the hospital staff or Rainbow Dash... right?
Just a few things bugged me. One is that her dad called her a chicken. No it's not because it's an insult to Scootaloo, it's because no one else in universe has called her that, not Diamond Tiara not even the CMC after The Stare Master. Associating Scootaloo with chickens is purely fandom. Personally I think calling a pegasi a dodo is worse than being called a chicken but I digress. Second it's how Scoots dad injures his hoof. Um he cracked Scoots nose, I don't see how he would manage to break his hoof, horses hoofs are pretty tough. I've seen horses smack their hooves into jumping poles and not have any damage. I understand it was for drama but still, it irked me. Perhaps it was bruised and then when he put weight on it it was injured further, personally I find that more believable. Also, this is a little nit pick, but in the gorge scene where her head hits the wall it says he rebroke her nose, but it was still broken, it couldn't have healed in that short amount of time. Just a tiny nitpick.

Otherwise this story is amazing, I really hope your hiatus doesn't last too long, I can't wait to see how Dash interacts with Scoots' dad and what her dad actually says. I'd give this story so far a 4 out of 5, it keeps getting better and hopefully the next chapter is just as amazing :)

Nice man, doin' really well so far. noticed a few errors here and there but everypony makes mistakes. Tell me however, What motivated you to write this, and how did you come up with the plotline? i'm really interested on how this's gonna turn out. Swell Thoughts -FS

3745112 I've just lost interest in writting. It started getting personal. I am truly sorry

This is pretty good. Why isn't there an update?

:pinkiegasp:you can't leave hangin on this cliff hanger

NEED MORE!!!:flutterrage:......please?:fluttershyouch:

5627469 whatcha mean by that?

Login or register to comment