• Published 27th Apr 2013
  • 5,640 Views, 903 Comments

Little loony Luna and crazy caffeinated Celestia's life in Canterlot - Vidhwansak



Since Luna's return from the moon, things have been a bit more hectic around Canterlot as a result.

  • ...
12
 903
 5,640

PreviousChapters Next
You destroyed my vegetable garden, Tia!

You destroyed my vegetable garden, Tia!

Resting on top of a cloud a few miles away from Canterlot, Luna was happily observing the countryside, taking note of the little details that she could spot. Oh, there's so many farms around Canterlot! I can see the Wonderbolts stadium aways from here, weather ponies clearing away clouds that are blocking my view, and even Rainbow Dash charging at me like an arrow! Wait, what? Luna had only a few seconds to scream like a little filly and throw herself off towards the right, narrowly avoiding the rainbow torpedo that was headed towards her.

Whew! That was close! The lunar princess watched as the pegasus zoomed forward; Luna thought she heard a muffled 'sorry!' as the pegasus continued her rapid forward motion. She seemed faster than a few of the Wonderbolts! As the alicorn continued to watch her, she noticed that the air seemed to be warping around Rainbow Dash, contorting into an arrowhead at the front of the pegasus. Perplexed, Luna's confusion and curiosity suddenly made way for something that she didn't experience all too often; sheer amazement and worry.

With an astounding release of rainbow energy, Luna witnessed the one thing she thought she'd never see again; the Sonic Rainboom. She wasn't all that eager to see it again, either, mainly for two reasons; one, it blinded her eyes momentarily, and secondly, it released a shockwave that could prove fatal to any pegasai in the air, as it caused massive amounts of turbulence. Unfortunately for her, she was in the air and was staring directly at the pegasus when she performed the Sonic Rainboom, as well as being relatively close by when it happened, so an immense wall of pressure smashed into her, almost knocking her out on the spot; however, the blood of the alicorns ran through her veins, so she was quite alright. For the most part, anyway.

Oh my...The last time I saw a Sonic Rainboom, it destroyed my vegetable garden! Luna exclaimed inwardly as her hooves went up to her eyes, rubbing at them gently. Just as her eyesight came back to her (albeit looking a bit fuzzy), a cyan pegasus flew up to her, with a sheepish grin on her face.

That was awesome, Princess Luna totally got a look at my radical moves! Yeah, I'll totally get into the Wonderbolts now! "Hey, Princess! You like my rad moves I put out there?! I was totally in my game zone, flyin' hard and awesome like, then whooooooosh, I did the Sonic Rainboom! Totally rad, right?!"

...While she looks cute, both as a plushie and as a real pony, her attitude is a bit...Crude. I like that! Even if she almost killed me just now. And reminded me of my former vegetable garden. "That was amazing, Rainbow Dash! I haven't seen a Sonic Rainboom in a long, long time!" The words spoken caused Rainbow Dash to suddenly look at her with a sudden intensity, and her energy seemed to triple as she began to spin around Luna in circles.

"Oh, right, you're a princess! You're really, really, reaaaaaaally old!" Luna snorted, offended by the pegasus' words, but Rainbow Dash continued, unaware of the offense that she caused. "Do you know who caused the first Sonic Rainboom?! Huh?! Was it an awesome pegasus like me?!"

Luna flatly stated, "It was my sister." She stared in amazement as the pegasus hoof-pumped the air, and did a back-flip in midair before squealing like a filly over a school crush.

"Omigosh this is SO AWESOME! I did something that Princess Celestia did! Awwwwwwwesome! Can you tell me the story behind it?!"

Suddenly, painful memories rose up within Luna, giving her a headache, and she rubbed her head gingerly before sighing. "I suppose telling the tale wouldn't hurt. I ask you, though, to not share details of this to anypony, for my sister still feels bad about that day and I lost something very important that day as well, and both need to be told in this story."

After seeing the nod given to her, Luna smiled, and pointed up to a cloud, lazily flying up to it. Naturally, Rainbow Dash took it as a challenge, and she was already there by the time Luna reached the cloud. Laying down comfortably on the cloud, Luna began to relate the tale of the first Sonic Rainboom, thousands of years ago.


"...Tia! What are you doing?!" Her question was directed at her sister, who, for the past seven minutes, continued to fly at very high speeds above her vegetable garden, and it was beginning to irritate her. "Can't you fly somewhere else?!"

Celestia stopped her movements, and shouted down at Luna with regret glinting in her eyes. "I'm sorry, Lulu, but this is the best place for me to attempt my newest trick! The wind currents here will help me more than any other place!"

... Are you still making up stupid tricks in the air?! I THOUGHT YOU WERE WELL PAST THAT POINT, SISTER!" Luna grumbled as she walked over to her cabbage patch, tilting the straw hat on her head slightly.

Great, now she's yelling, and she insulted my tricks! "Stupid tricks?! You call THESE stupid tricks?! No way! I'll have a group of ponies called the Wonderbolts created, just to do tricks, and pay them for it!" With amazing agility and speed, Celestia began to perform twirls, spins, loops, and all sorts of aerial tricks. While Luna was impressed by the sight, she had seen her sister do these things on a regular basis; she wanted something else, something that she hadn't seen before.

"You've done all that already for me, Tia! Do something new for a change!"

Upon hearing her sister's challenge, Celestia stopped her awesome aerial maneuvers to muse over her sister's words. Hm. New, eh? Well, there is this one trick I've been wanting to perform...

Luna continued to check over her cabbages, and she had just checked over the first one when her sister rose up to the challenge. Luna watched as Celestia flew up towards the sky until she was little more than a pink dot (owing to her mane) in the sky. Her curiosity was switched on, as she didn't think any of her sister's tricks would be needed to perform at that high of an altitude, as they would be too high up in the sky for anypony other than pegasai relaxing on clouds (even then, from Celestia's distance, it looked like you needed to rest on a cloud fairly far up) to view. As she watched her sister continue to climb into the sky, Celestia suddenly made a sharp turn, and began her descent.

Luna still didn't quite get what her sister was doing. She was just falling! At a high speed perhaps, but any pegasus could do that. She almost gave up watching what her sister was doing when she noticed her sister's horn light up; the moment that horn lit up, the air seemed to contort around her sister, sharpening into an arrowhead with her sister at the tip. Fascinated, Luna watched this new trick of Celestia's, even cheering her on as she did so.

Suddenly, Luna felt an extreme surge of magic go into Celestia's horn, and a sudden explosion of light, color, and pressure lifted her off her hooves and made her lose her hat (she cried for days after realizing she couldn't find it); frantically, she flapped her own wings to avoid getting into an uncontrollable tumble. Once she regained control (for the most part), she looked up, and, with awe, saw every palette of color stretched out in the sky, slowly spreading itself out in a circle. Her sister was in the middle of it, continuing to speed forward, looking back at her creation with a wide smile on her face.

Then Luna realized that Celestia was heading straight towards her vegetable garden. A quick calculation told her that Celestia, even if she were blessed with the power of ten alicorns, could not pull up in time to avoid hitting her vegetable garden. Whimpering, Luna saluted the vegetable garden that had served her well for years, and closed her eyes, not wanting to see the damage caused to her garden.

With an explosion of force, Celestia tore through her garden like a bomb, flipping over and causing massive amounts of damage by the sheer impact of her descent. She rolled, jumped, and took to the air to avoid smashing into a brick wall, and she grabbed onto a now surprised Luna to keep herself from propelling forward; the two stayed like that, with Celestia clutching tightly onto her sister, until Luna gently pushed her sister away.

"That was awesome! Come on, admit it Luna!"

I have to admit...It was pretty cool. "Yes, that was pretty awe..." Her voice died as she stared past Celestia to look at the devastation caused by one certain alicorn's impact. Vegetables were either squashed from the impact, or fried (how, Luna never did know). Farming equipment was scattered around, there was a massive crater in the middle of her garden, and a cob of corn was impaled on her horn somehow. Looking up, Luna got a tomato to the face, which splattered across her. Great, it was raining vegetables. Her vegetables. Celestia giggled nervously, and put up a shield around them, protecting them from the 'rain' of vegetables.

"...Tia..."

"Yes, Lulu?"

"You destroyed my vegetable garden, Tia! My cabbages! My corn! My tomatoes! My...My everything in this garden! I probably won't be able to even use this land anymore!"

"...Sorry."

"Sorry?! Oh, you'll be sorry!"


"...And then I got into a slap fight with her. That is the story of the first Sonic Rainboom; I believe that Celestia released so much magic that day that it made it easier for pegasai like you to perform the Sonic Rainboom, even though you were the first to actually perform it."

A wide eyed Rainbow Dash stared at her before looking up at the area where she performed her most recent Sonic Rainboom, and winced slightly. "I'm glad I don't cause collateral damage like Princess Celestia does."

"You're not as fat as her."

Rainbow Dash turned back around to stare at Luna again. Whoa, wasn't expecting that from her. "I...Uh, what, Princess?"

"Oh, I'm sorry; I just tend to tease Tia. Would you like me to treat you to a meal for performing the Sonic Rainboom?"

Furiously nodding her head, the pegasus hoof pumped the air, surprised and more than glad at the sudden meal offering. "Heck yes!"

Author's Note:

Celestia is the founder of the Wonderbolts

Story time

Rainbow Dash now does Sonic Rainbooms to get free meals

PreviousChapters Next