• Published 27th Apr 2013
  • 5,627 Views, 903 Comments

Little loony Luna and crazy caffeinated Celestia's life in Canterlot - Vidhwansak



Since Luna's return from the moon, things have been a bit more hectic around Canterlot as a result.

  • ...
12
 903
 5,627

PreviousChapters Next
She's really grumpy, Lulu!

She's really grumpy, Lulu!

Oh! Listen to the sound, of hope that's rising up, over your old horizon! Listen to the sound, listen to the sound!

Celestia was inwardly singing as she walked down the hallways in a very good mood; after all, she just had breakfast in bed, read the letter sent to her overnight by Twilight, and just had that morning energy she got from coffee! Today was looking up to be very good for her. She even did a little twirl as she traveled down to her day court.

And listen to the sound of a new beginning, oh, this is where the old is ending! Listen to the sound, listen to the sou-

The door in front of her shattered into many wooden pieces, causing Celestia to pause mid-twirl as she stared at the sudden destruction of what was once an oak door. That's not the sound I was expecting to hear at all, but, okay. The solar alicorn then realized that she was in an awkward position, and crashed down onto the floor due to the fact that the awkward balancing required to stop perfectly mid-twirl was something that she didn't possess at all. Ow.

Slowly, the pony responsible for smashing the wooden door into wooden chips stepped out into Celestia's view, and it was none other than Nightmare Moon, who looked down at Celestia lamely before greeting her with very little energy behind it. "Urgh...Hi, Tia. The door broke."

I didn't like that door anyway. You, however, look like somepony that got up on the wrong side of the bed today, and then got attacked by a bear. Might as well humor you, though! "Hi Moonie! Sleep well?"

When asked that question, Nightmare Moon glared down upon Celestia with such intensity that Celestia suddenly felt like a little filly again, after having been caught trying to steal cookies from a jar. "No, and it's no thanks to your sun..."

Brushing off a few pieces of wooden shrapnel that managed to accumulate on her coat, Celestia got back up onto her hooves with a uncertain smile. Moonie must not be a morning pony...I'd best tread carefully. Non-morning ponies can be...Rather rough to deal with. "Oh, come on, Moonie, everypony has to get up sometime! Besides, it's not like you have much work to do today. All you have to do is sit through three meetings and you're pretty much done for the day, so you can get some sleep after them!"

"I don't think I can stay awake for one meeting, let alone three..." Nightmare Moon sluggishly began walking down the hallway, and to her dismay, Celestia began following her. "Not to sound rude, Tia, but isn't your day court about to start soon? No need to follow me around like a lost puppy."

Even though you said you weren't being rude, I can't help but think you were rude. "Well." There was a pause as Celestia considered her words. "I think my time would be better spent trying to cheer you up instead of listening to ponies asking for winter wrap up to start. It's winter! It doesn't stay around forever, you know."

"I assure you I have no need of getting cheered up..."

Celestia bit back a sharp retort as she saw a yawning Luna approach them. Ah; maybe Lulu can help me energize Moonie! ...Or at least try and make her a little more cheerful. "Hi, Lulu!"

"Mornin', Tia!" Luna gave a tired smile at her sister. "I see you roped Moonie in with you."

"Yes, unfortunately. You two can catch up with each other, I think I'm going to go pass out in the kitchen." With a snort, Nightmare Moon brushed past Luna quickly, leaving the two siblings together. A bewildered Luna looked at her sister with dismay.

"Why is she so grumpy? Was it something I said? Wait, was it something you said?"

A now worried and slightly upset Celestia watched as Nightmare Moon stomped off. "Uh, I'm not sure myself. She's really grumpy, Lulu! I'm sure she got up on the wrong side of the bed today. She also looks like she hasn't gotten any sleep last night."

Did she really...Well, darn. "I think it had to do with last night..."

Curiously, Celestia switched her gaze onto her sister, sensing that she was going to get a very stupid reason about why Nightmare Moon didn't get any sleep. "Oh? What exactly happened last night?"


With a groan, Luna watched as she progressed to the next level. "Oh come ON, Moonie! Even I can't continue playing! I can only go for so long before I need sleep!"

A voice responded to her with whining tones. "We haven't even reached level ten yet! At least until we fight our first major storyline boss, Lulu!"

Deciding that enough was enough, Luna logged off, and rubbed at her eyes. "We've been at this for awhile now, Moonie, can't it wait until next week when we're free again? I have a small stack of work to do tomorrow, and I need some sleep for it, and you also got a few meetings tomorrow. I think now is a good time to stop playing; we can always play Dungeon Defenders some other time."

"Sleeping is for the weak! I can go all night if I have to!"

Hmm... "Is that a challenge?"

Luna cringed as Nightmare Moon's voice boomed over her headset. "YES, IT IS A CHALLENGE!"

For the love of my moon, your voice sounds terrible over the mic when you yell. "...R-Right, Moonie...Then stay up all night."

"I accept your challenge!"


"...I might have...Challenged her to stay up all night?"

That's cruel, to deny a pony their sleep over a challenge. With most of her her cheerful morning gone with Nightmare Moon's grumpiness due to Luna's challenge, Celestia could feel her day getting worse with every passing second. "Well...We should probably try and cheer her up, Lulu. I think she'll be happy to know that I'll cancel her meetings so that she can get some sleep today."

"Although that sounds like something she'd be glad to hear, you can talk to her first, while I'm directly behind you; I don't want to die once she figures out that she just walked down to the kitchen for nothing, and your rump makes a nice shield for all things related to rampaging alicorns."

An indignant Celestia slapped her sister before walking off towards Nightmare Moon, followed by a laughing Luna who was also massaging the area where her sister slapped her.

Author's Note:

Celestia's fond of singing

Nightmare Moon hates mornings

Luna gets slapped

PreviousChapters Next