• Published 27th Apr 2013
  • 5,627 Views, 903 Comments

Little loony Luna and crazy caffeinated Celestia's life in Canterlot - Vidhwansak



Since Luna's return from the moon, things have been a bit more hectic around Canterlot as a result.

  • ...
12
 903
 5,627

PreviousChapters Next
I'll blast it down, Lulu!

I'll blast it down, Lulu!

There were many advantages to being an alicorn; you didn't have to eat or sleep much, had the power of both wings, magic, and strength, you were often pampered, and ponies looked up to you as a rolemodel. Of course, there were also downsides that came to being an alicorn; you couldn't fit into small places, you were always expected to work, you had to deal with the fact that some ponies had an unhealthy obsession with you, and you had to listen to ponies (or changelings, in Chrysalis' case) and their problems whenever you held court, and some of those problems could be very tedious indeed. The downsides, while few, are very taxing, and Luna was quickly learning just how tiring it could be, as she kept dozing off in the middle of her work.

"Princess?"

With a snort, Luna looked up towards the pony who said her name, which was one of her advisors, who had come along to check up on her progress. "Yes?"

Her advisor looked at her with a concerned look on his face. "Erm...Are you feeling well, Princess? You keep dozing off, and the paperwork isn't any further along than it was two hours ago."

Ugh...Dumb work...Can't I get some sleep? Even though I don't require much of it, I still need some, like every other pony. It took Luna a moment to think of a reply to her advisor that wasn't incredibly rude. Fortunately, she succeeded. "I am fine, I'm just...'off my game', as some ponies would say. Do not worry about me, I'll get this done soon."

Her advisor shot her an unconvinced look, but he nodded, hoping that she would keep to her word. "If you say so, Princess." He left her study, and Luna looked down upon the paperwork that should have been finished hours ago; it was a request from the Apple family, and she was to decide if she was to grant it or not.

They were requesting more bits to repair a few storerooms and barns around the farm, as well as equipment for easier apple harvesting. Although Luna would have liked nothing more than to destroy the farm and feel happy knowing that there was one less apple farm in Equestria, she couldn't do that without outraged ponies wanting a 'word' with her, and her sister would kick her rump if she so much as sneezed at the farm; neither could she deny the request, because it was well-thought and did not require too much to fund and provide for. Unfortunately, she was going to have to approve the request. Grumbling to herself, Luna stamped 'approved' on the request, and added her signature on it before her head hit the table, glad that she got that out of the way.


Another bright and sunny day, for ponies to enjoy! Celestia smiled at the thought of ponies enjoying her sun; it was one of those things that she never tired of thinking about. Slurping her morning cup of coffee, she began to think about something else that disturbed her slightly. However, even my bright sun cannot erase the cold dread that grips at me. I had to move Lulu's moon to make way for my sun; I'm not sure what happened, but she can't possibly be that neglectant of her duties. Something must have happened. Coffee Joe must have noticed her anxiety, for he pushed another slice of coffee cake towards her.

"Somethin' botherin' you, Princess?"

"Hm? Oh, thanks for the cake! Yes, something is bothering me, though I'm sure it's nothing."

In his time working at the castle, he knew that 'nothing' usually meant 'something crazy is about to happen'. Still, it just might be that she was telling the actual truth this time, so he simply nodded politely. "I see. Well, I'm going to go brew some more coffee, just leave the dishes there and I'll clean up once your done."

"Thank you, Coffee Joe." I'll find out what's wrong with you yet, Lulu! ...Right after this cake.


"Lulu? Lulu, are you in there?" Celestia knocked on her sister's door again, feeling impatience growing within her. She had waited outside Luna's room for awhile now, and she was getting annoyed as well as worried; after all, she was her sister. She motioned for the guards standing guard to move aside, and they did so quickly. You did not want to be next to an alicorn annoyed at her sister. Once they were out of the way, Celestia growled at the door. "I'm going to count to five, and if you don't open this door, I'll blast it down, Lulu!" No response graced her, and Celestia sighed as she gathered the magic in her horn. "Five."

The door shattered from the force of the magical blast it received, and Celestia walked through the carnage she dealt. "Lulu? Are you even in here? I-" Her voice trailed off as she saw her sister at her study, drooling on what Celestia hoped wasn't an extremely important paper.

"Seriously? Come on, I know you're a heavy sleeper, but this is just ridiculous!" Celestia didn't want her sister to wake up with a sore neck from sleeping in that position, so she lifted her sister up onto her back, and made the journey to her bed, with much groaning along the way. "You're not just only a heavy sleeper either, Lulu." She heard a faint murmur from Luna, and she couldn't help but smile, despite the way Luna had made her worry.

"I love you too, Lulu." Celestia gently set her sister down in her bed, and pulled the covers up, tucking her into bed. As an afterthought, Celestia levitated a Rainbow Dash plushie into Luna's hooves, which was grasped at instinctively. Memories of her mother doing the same (minus the plushie) for her came by, and a single tear fell down her face as she gently stroked Luna's mane. "I'll take some of the paperwork away from you, Lulu, so this doesn't happen again." Looking up towards Luna's study, she made her way over, wondering what exactly she'd find there.

"Hmm...A bit of...Actually, scratch that, a LOT of drool on this, but...Looks a request for more bits and equipment from the Apple family, and it's...Approved? My, my, Lulu...I didn't think you'd do this, out of all things." Celestia let out an amused chuckle before wiping away her sister's drool from the paper. Maybe I'll leave out a fried moon pie for you.

Author's Note:

Poor Luna

Yay Apple family

Luna snuggles up with Rainbow Dash

Fried moon pie

PreviousChapters Next