• Published 27th Apr 2013
  • 5,639 Views, 903 Comments

Little loony Luna and crazy caffeinated Celestia's life in Canterlot - Vidhwansak



Since Luna's return from the moon, things have been a bit more hectic around Canterlot as a result.

  • ...
12
 903
 5,639

PreviousChapters Next
It all worked out in the end, Tia!

It all worked out in the end, Tia!

"So how the heck does that happen, Chrys?!"

"I don't know, but I did learn one thing; changelings like hats, and are apparently willing to fight each other for them."

Celestia and Chrysalis were taking a stroll in the castle gardens, partly to enjoy the scenery. The main reason why they were here, however, was because when Cadence was asked (via letter) about how she felt about Chrysalis now, the response was not what one would expect from the alicorn of love (and tolerance). Now, Chrysalis was hiding with Celestia for company while Luna used the time to improve social relations with the Crystal Empire as well as having some fun with Cadence. Celestia, meanwhile, was taking the time to swap and exchange stories with Chrysalis, and she was learning quite a bit about changelings while keeping Chrysalis safe from getting maimed by Cadence.

"Do I have to fear for the ponies that operate in the stores that sell hats?"

"Yes, though only if they refuse to give up hats to my changelings."

Better send out a warning to all those that come into contact with hats, then, if what Chrysalis said is true. "Alright, I'll send out a warning to those that work in the hat industry."

"That's about the best thing you can do. Oh, there's a bench; can we take a moment from all this walking to sit down, Tia?"

"Of course, Chrys."

The two sat down on the bench, which, to its credit, only slightly sagged from the weight of the two alicorns. As Celestia looked around the castle gardens, she couldn't help but feel proud for the ponies that maintained it. The scene around them was one of peace, flowers, grass, and well maintained work from the gardening staff of the castle. Truly, a work of art that continued to be renewed every year after winter, and was the ultimate form of art, always constantly demanding of a pony to nurture it until it bloomed. This was the work of master artists, who strived to create the perfect picture for everypony to enjoy, even if they only viewed it for a few seconds.

That's why it was the perfect place (and time) for a cannonball to suddenly sink itself just a foot away from Celestia, and then explode, spraying confetti and streamers everywhere. On instinct, Chrysalis immediately reacted to the sudden threat by screaming like a little filly and clinging onto Celestia.

"MOMMY, HELP!"

...No words can describe what I'm feeling right now, though I know it's somewhere between screaming bloody murder over the cannonball that landed next to me, to wanting to make fun of Chrysalis acting like a little filly, to having motherly instincts and wanting to hold her and say everything's alright. Celestia stared at Chrysalis, and was about to compromise on her thoughts by gently prying her off and offer a few teasing words of comfort when she heard a voice that should not have been heard at all today.

"Uh oh! Hold on, Lulu, that sounded like a little foal in trouble!"

This is bad. Real bad. "Chrysalis!" Celestia hissed, trying to shake the alicorn off her. "Stop acting like a foal and shapeshift before Cadence sees you! ...Or continue acting like a foal, and change into one!" Celestia's request, however, fell on scared, memory lane taking ears, as Chrysalis simply held onto Celestia tighter. Sighing, Celestia became increasingly aware of the incoming doom that was coming for Chrysalis, and she only hoped that Cadence would be a merciful soul.

"Oh, come on, auntie, I have to see! That voice sounded familiar, anyway!" Suddenly, Cadence appeared over a hedge. "Hey, I'm sorry about th-..." Her voice quietened when she saw Chrysalis, and her concerned gaze turned hard. She began walking over to the two, with menace clearly seen in her eyes. Luna popped out over the hedge with a pot on her head, presumably as a helmet, and mouthed 'This is bad, Tia!'

Celestia shot Luna a piercing glare that could penetrate the heavens, and continued to try and pry Chrysalis off her. "Cady, dear, now, it's not what it looks like..."

"You're being hugged by the creature that left me down in the mines with nothing but a rubber duck for company! The duck was terrible company as well, not to mention the things she did to me! How could you, auntie Tia?!"

Chrysalis stopped nuzzling into an embarrassed Celestia's coat to look fearfully at the pink alicorn before speaking softly. "It was all for a little joke I wanted to play on Tia! I treated you well! You had a duck for company, food was delivered to you every three hours like you asked, and you had a nice impromptu bed to sleep on!"

Chrysalis imprisoned you with a rubber duck? I wondered where Mr.Ducky went. "She's not all that bad, Cady, honest!"

"You weren't the one imprisoned, auntie Tia! It was horrible! I didn't get to see my snuggly bear Shining Armor for a few days! Who knows what could have happened to him if I let him out of my sight?!"

Celestia assumed the question was directed at her, and she responded with disbelief in her voice. "Cady, Shining Armor is a grown stallion...I'm sure he isn't anything, Faust forbid, like Blueblood."

By this time, Luna had joined the little group, and offered her little bit to the pile. "If it's all the same to you, Cady, Chrysalis has been obedient with all the laws made in our treaty so far. She also hasn't abducted any ponies and imprisoned them with rubber duckies! There is no reason to apprehend her for performing what could have been the best wedding prank ever."

Even though Cadence was convinced that Chrysalis should be made an example of, she evidently saw that she was fighting a losing battle, as both her aunts didn't seem to budge from their decision of allowing Chrysalis to live here with her changelings. With a sigh, she accepted this, but she still wanted a very small portion of things to go her way. "Fine...I'll forgive her if she apologizes for what she has done."

With a mighty grunt, Celestia managed to pry Chrysalis off. "There! Now, just apologize, Chrys, and we can move on from this, without anypony getting hurt."

Chrysalis looked up at an expectant Cadence, and muttered her apology. "I'm sorry for kidnapping you without your consent."

Cadence nodded, and then suddenly, her anger melted all away. "Good! If you had asked me before-hoof, I'd have agreed and allowed you to! It really would have made the best wedding prank ever!"

Well, that's one crisis averted. A relieved Celestia gave a sigh, and looked up just as Luna sat down next to her.

"It all worked out in the end, Tia!"

"Indeed."

Author's Note:

Don't let changelings near hats

Chrysalis is jumpy and a scared filly at heart

Luna and Cadence found one of Pinkie's many confiscated party cannons

PreviousChapters Next