• Published 27th Apr 2013
  • 5,627 Views, 903 Comments

Little loony Luna and crazy caffeinated Celestia's life in Canterlot - Vidhwansak



Since Luna's return from the moon, things have been a bit more hectic around Canterlot as a result.

  • ...
12
 903
 5,627

PreviousChapters Next
I'm bad at golf, Lulu!

I'm bad at golf, Lulu!

There were some pretty interesting things that Celestia had done over the years to keep herself entertained; things such as bungee jumping (sure, she was terrified the entire time, but it was exhilarating), eating (a pleasure that was all too easily completed too soon and would slight her figure if she ate too much), and shark slaying with a spark plug on the shoulders of Daring Do while she was riding a bicycle on a tightrope (she wasn't sure if that actually happened or if that piece of foreign cake had disagreed with her). Yes, many things were attempted to relieve her of her boredom, though none had as spectacular (and horrifying) results as sports.

Celestia kept this in mind as she bit her tongue softly, squinting her eyes as she looked over at her target, a flag placed quite aways in a hole, where she was expected to drive this golf ball into. Quite a distance! She never understood the concept of golf, and why it was played; after all, it just felt so boring, watching a pony swing at a tiny ball in an attempt to land it in an equally small hole. Still, it seemed pretty easy enough. Just hit the ball! Well, that, and hope it landed somewhat near the hole.

C'mon, Tia, this is easy. "Yeah, just hit the ball with a stick," Celestia muttered to herself quietly, levitating a nine iron from the bag that encased her golfing equipment, "it should be really simple for me to hit the ball with a stick, I've done it plenty of times! Well, technically, I was hitting stress balls with a baseball bat, trying to get them to smash against Blueblood's windows, but it's the same concept!" She took a look nearby, and saw her sister, lounging by the golf cart (which happened to be completely unnecessary and redundant since they could just fly or teleport to the other holes), eating what happened to look like a cherry popsicle. Cherry...Popsicle...

Hurry up, already! "Hey, Tia! We're still on the first hole! Why haven't you gone yet?!" Luna called out, continuing to lick at the cold treat. She never did understand why her sister was so reluctant to play sports; she wasn't that bad when she used to play hockey. She only caused thirty injuries, a pile up, caught the referee on fire, destroyed half the stadium and initiated an all out brawl between the two teams; that was normal! Her sister didn't seem to think so, however, and went back to playing ping pong by herself.

Celestia sighed as she adjusted her visor slightly to try and block more of her own sun from her eyes, and was only partially successful. She was going to have a long, strict talk with her sun after this. Eyeing the popsicle in her sister's grasp with great longing, she did the only thing one could in this situation, whine. "Luluuuuuu! Can't you go first?! I want to go get a popsicle!" That cold treat looks divine right now.

Unfortunately for Celestia, Luna shook her head, and took one long, exaggerated lick of the popsicle, giving her the luxury of having caused her sister to fume inwardly. "So sorry, Tia, but this is the last one! I took the liberty of taking it right before we left. Don't worry, though, I'm sure there'll be more when we come back from the golf course!" Luna did not like the glare that was shot at her, and it suddenly felt like it got a few degrees warmer; that was Celestia, for you. She hastily began to continue licking at her popsicle, not wanting it to melt into a little puddle of sweet, red liquid onto the grass because of (in hindsight) foolishly annoying Celestia.

Clearly annoyed now, Celestia very nearly crushed the nine iron in her magical grasp, and growled as she looked at the tiny golf ball. "We'd better finish this now, then..." With something akin to the roar of a manticore, Celestia screamed as she swung at the tiny golf ball, sending it flying with the strength that many ponies would give a limb for.

Her shot, however, was extremely inaccurate and wasn't heading towards the designated hole at all, but rather a tree. Now, Celestia praised the work of many ponies, and especially praised the work done on physics; they were, after all, one of the few 'rules' of this world that even she was bound to. It was especially interesting when it came to gravity and other such things. However, today just seemed like one big slap in the face to her, because the golf ball seemed to be defying physics right now.

The golf ball just so happened to ricochet off the tree, flew back at Celestia, who ducked, and then just so happened to impact Luna's popsicle, shattering it into many pieces before it hit another tree and then slowly rolled over to the hole it was supposed to go into...

...And rolled into the hole. Celestia stared in disbelief at what she did, then turned to Luna, who had a comical look on her face as she tried to make sense of what just happened, with her tongue still sticking outwards, as if she still had a popsicle to lick at. Her little sister turned to look at her, and made a 'what the heck just happened' gesture. In response, Celestia shrugged, not knowing quite sure what to say. Eventually, she settled on acting oblivious to what happened to her sister.

"Err. I managed a hole in one! That's good, right?"

Luna finally pieced together what exactly happened in the span of a few seconds by noticing the indents in two trees, and had mentally calculated the trajectory of the golf ball, scowling when she realized that her popsicle had just so happened to be within that trajectory. She looked up at Celestia, and she had such a dark look on her face that Celestia was expecting Nightmare Moon to appear any moment now.

"My popsicle. Gone. It was cherry flavored, Tia! CHERRY, FLAVORED. How could you?!"

"I'm bad at golf, Lulu! Heck, I'm bad at all sports! I'm sorry!"

Author's Note:

Cherry popsicles

?!

Poor Luna

PreviousChapters Next