• Published 27th Apr 2013
  • 5,632 Views, 903 Comments

Little loony Luna and crazy caffeinated Celestia's life in Canterlot - Vidhwansak



Since Luna's return from the moon, things have been a bit more hectic around Canterlot as a result.

  • ...
12
 903
 5,632

PreviousChapters Next
I can imagine it now, Lulu!

I can imagine it now, Lulu!

"Tia, what is this contraption I see where ponies falling to their doom on little cars called?"

"That's called a roller coaster, Lulu, and ponies aren't falling to their doom on it."

"Then why are they screaming and crying as it goes down?"

"They're enjoying the ride."

Thanks to Chrysalis, who was (rather grudgingly) holding down the fort at the castle, the two alicorn sisters were attending a festival being held in their honor without the worry of having to return back to a mountain of paperwork. It was agreed that not all of them could go, and so, they played rock, paper, scissors, best two of of three, to see which two of them would get to participate in the festival, while the last one stayed behind. Needless to say, Chrysalis lost. Badly.

I should buy her some cotton candy, at the very least; hopefully I don't eat it on the way back. Celestia kept that thought in mind as she toured the area where the festival was held, thanking the ponies that made it possible and simply enjoying her time. She rarely got to go outside the castle, so this was rather refreshing for her. On the other hoof, Luna also didn't leave the castle much, and so, she was extremely curious about everything, much to Celestia's dismay.

"Caramel apples?! Tia, what have our ponies done?!"

"Why are the prices on these items so high?"

"Tia! I do not understand the concept of cotton candy! This is not made from cotton!"

"How are other ponies expected to carry those gigantic plushies you can win, Tia?!"

"Why is everything so greasy and sugary, Tia?!"

The questions were varied, and could have been taken for as complaining, but Celestia admitted that it was kind of cute, watching her sister get extremely curious about even the smallest of things. However, even she was beginning to tire of her sister's (unintended) infuriating questions, so she asked Luna one of her own.

"Are you having fun, Lulu?"

"Yes, I am! Though, I kind of want to go on the rides, now. Let's go on that one!" Luna pointed at one of the rides that had a line that wasn't too long; it only seemed to be about a two minute wait, from what Celestia guessed. Then, she tilted her head up, and let out a sigh of exasperation as her cheeks began to suddenly feel hot; what Luna pointed at was certainly not what she expected Luna to ride.

Really, Lulu? Of all things, THIS? Faust, smite me where I stand! When it became evident that Faust would not do as she said, she gave a rather hesitant answer to Luna. "The love-tunnel? Uh, Luna, why do you want to go on that?"

"Well, it doesn't look as terrifying and death-defying as the other rides! Besides, we're sisters, and I love you! Don't you love me?"

"...Yes, bu-"

"Then it's settled. TALLY-HO!" Luna grabbed Celestia, and before her sister could protest, whisked her away to the Love-tunnel. As they arrived, ponies that were talking immediately fell silent; Luna was not disturbed by this, as it was common for ponies to suddenly go quiet whenever one that was an alicorn suddenly arrived. "Fear not, ponies! Me and my sister merely wish to ride with each other in the Love-tunnel!"

Now, that got ponies whispering with each other and looking them weirdly, with ponies spreading the rumors around faster than wildfire. Luna was humming a tune while Celestia was trying to think of a way to kill Luna without getting caught for it. I swear, it's just one bad situation after another! What is this, a terribly written, sappy romance novel focusing on me and my sister? It didn't help that her gaze suddenly focused on a nearby book-stand, which was featuring books that, of course, were terribly written, sappy romance novels focusing on Celestia and Luna. ...Okay, now THAT is just an example of the universe mocking me.

All too soon (for Celestia, Luna thought the wait was a bit too long), they were the next to enter the ride. The attendant there quickly ushered them onto a boat with a massive blush on her face, something that Luna found very curious indeed. Did not family members attend this ride with each other? It seemed innocent enough.

"Lulu, are you sure you want to ride this...?"

"Of course, Tia! Why not?"

Celestia's answer to that was cut off as the ride began to start, and soon, they were able to approach the tunnel. I really, really hope I can explain this to Lulu... Her gaze was drawn to her sister, who seemed to be enjoying the boat ride.

"Ah, this is very relaxing, isn't it, Tia? I enjoy this ride!"

"Lulu, this ride isn't what you think it is."

"Oh? Pray tell, what makes this ride not what it seems?"

Well, can't back out now. "...This is a ride for 'lovers', Lulu, an-"

"Well, of course we're lovers, I love you, Tia!"

"It's for 'couples', Lulu! It's not 'family' or 'friend' kinds of love!"

Luna was silent as she took in that information, and Celestia was worried that she might have not said the right thing. "Um, Lulu...?"

"That is disgusting! Ponies actually profit off love like this?! They even had the wicked idea of disguising the fact that this is not meant for family! Why would there be a ride for lovers going down a dark tunnel?! That isn't romantic at all, Tia!"

Celestia tossed away her explanation of this ride, and simply let her sister rant on and on; she only paid attention when her sister suddenly swore.

"Lulu! Language!"

"I'm sorry, Tia, but ponies were looking at us all funny like! They must have spread rumors about us by now!"

"I can imagine it now, Lulu! There will be newsponies at the end of this tunnel, waiting to question us about our apparent relationship!"

"Eww!"

Celestia was right, and as the ride ended, there was a mob of ponies waiting for them, with questions and accusations being thrown at them like popcorn being popped.


"...And then I hit a camera-pony in the face with their own camera, making them all back off as we flew back to the castle."

Chrysalis was listening intently to the tale Celestia was telling her, and she nodded slowly, accepting the events that had happened while she was doing paperwork. "I see...Even after all that, I only have one question."

"What would that be, Chrysalis?"

"...Where's my cotton candy?"

Author's Note:

Rock, paper, scissors was played by projecting images of said items via magic, not with their hooves

Luna questions festivals now

This was not an awkward moment for the two, really

Chrysalis didn't get cotton candy

PreviousChapters Next