• Published 27th Apr 2013
  • 5,639 Views, 903 Comments

Little loony Luna and crazy caffeinated Celestia's life in Canterlot - Vidhwansak



Since Luna's return from the moon, things have been a bit more hectic around Canterlot as a result.

  • ...
12
 903
 5,639

PreviousChapters Next
Third pony is fun, Tia!

Third pony is fun, Tia!

A rather carefree Luna hummed quietly to herself as she walked outside Canterlot; while she would usually have been sighted down immediately and crowded around with by ponies, she had taken the extra effort to disguise to herself, and as a result of that, she was little more than a navy-blue, teenage filly with a horn (the wings having been placed under an illusion spell) and some bits, looking around for something to eat. While it was true that the kitchens produced some fine food, it was usually high-class fare, and as much as Luna enjoyed eating it, 'lower' class food was something that she also enjoyed (the first time she had hayfries, she nearly cleaned out the restaurant completely), so she looked forward to getting something that 'common' ponies would eat.

After finding a particularly unhealthy looking restaurant, she was happily beginning to munch on her quickly made, extremely greasy and equally unhealthy tray of hay fries. Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed that a small crowd of fillies and colts were gathered around something. Curious, she took a moment to levitate her hay shake (yet another unhealthy concoction that she loved) to her mouth to take a small sip from before walking towards them, wondering why they were in such a slowly increasing group. The answer was given when she saw that the fillies and colts were gathered around a unicorn, showing rather impressive illusion magics and tricks. While Luna knew most of what the unicorn was doing (having invented these spells originally for combat and deceiving purposes against her sister), she nevertheless clapped with the fillies and colts, proud of the fact that ponies were still using the things she made, even if it was for something as trivial as entertaining other ponies. After a particularly impressive display of fireworks, the unicorn bowed, and smiled an extremely proud smile before speaking for the first time, in a manner that interested Luna.

"Thank you, thank all for coming to Trixie's magic show! You may show your appreciation for her by donating bits to her if you enjoyed her show! Sadly, The Great and Powerful Trixie is tired now, but don't fret, fillies and colts, she'll be back tomorrow!" The former groans from the fillies and colts gave way to cheers as Trixie bowed once more, and the parents of the children tossed a few bits into a jar laid out on stage; Luna tossed ten in, unconcerned about her money, and wondering why the mare referred to herself in what happened to sound like a more modern version of the Royal We. This was something to inquire about!

She followed the unicorn, and before she climbed into what appeared to be a wagon, Luna cleared her throat, catching the attention of Trixie; the unicorn sighed, and walked up to her, clearly agitated for some reason. She got off the steps to her wagon, and looked over Luna with a critical eye.

"Yes, what do you want from the Great and Powerful Trixie? Autographs? She don't see any paper or a pen on you. Magic lessons? Not at this moment, for she is tired, and she does not think she could find the time anyway to train an apprentice. She trusts you have something else to ask?" Luna was a bit startled by the unicorn's straightforward and somewhat cold behavior towards her, but at least it wasn't as cold as some of the nobles. In fact, she could say that compared to them, this unicorn seemed polite, which was saying a lot.

"I'm interested about something else, Trixie, was it?"

"The Great and Powerful Tri-"

Luna nodded quickly, and spoke over Trixie; sometimes, it was best to not let a pony finish what they were saying, lest they go off on an extremely long-winded monologue. "Yes yes, the Great and Powerful Trixie, I actually wanted to ask you a question."

"What is this question that you wish to ask Trixie?"

"Why do you speak like that?"

A confused Trixie stared blankly at her before speaking. "Like what?"

"Calling yourself 'her' and 'she' and never using 'I', as if you were another pony entirely, talking about another. Why do you do that?"

Trixie looked around for a moment before shrugging, and gave Luna a short explanation. "Trixie saw ponies in days of old refer to themselves as 'thou' or 'thy', as well as a few eccentric ponies talking about themselves as if they were another pony; Trixie decided that what Trixie saw, Trixie liked, and has been speaking like this ever since then, she supposes. She calls it 'third pony'. Now, if you'll excuse Trixie, she needs some bed rest."

Trixie walked back up to her wagon, opened up the door with quite a nasty squeak, and closed the door with that same grating squeaking noise. Luna was left alone to mull her thoughts over as she drank a little bit more from her hay shake as she retreated to a more secluded alleyway; it was quite interesting to see how this Trixie had decided on a unique speech patten for herself. Once she was finished with the hay shake, she threw it away into a nearby trash bin, and concentrated on some magic; with a pop, she teleported back into the castle, and she shed her disguise before walking out towards her courtroom. It would be amusing to see how Tia would react to a sudden change in speech...

Speak of the alicorn, slap her rump and give her a banana, here comes Celestia right now! Luna waved at her sister, remembering her previous thought, and decided that now would be as good a time as ever to begin speaking in this 'third pony' that Trixie had talked about; it wouldn't be that hard, at least, she hoped it wouldn't be.

"Hello, Tia!" Okay, so maybe she couldn't start right off.

"Hello, Lulu. How are you?" Here goes nothing!

"Luna is doing fine, Tia! She asks if it is the same for you!"

A look of confusion spread on Celestia's face, and she slapped a hoof to her head in disappointment, completed with a sigh. "Lulu? Are you already reverting back to the Royal We? We worked hard on this! Nooooo!"

Luna shook her head, and frowned at her sister before replying, "No! Lulu is speaking in the third pony, and she is confused on whether or not she is doing it right!" Although unnoticeable by any other pony, there was a hidden glint in Luna's eyes, confirming Celestia's suspicions that this was a joke.

Catching onto Luna's little game, Celestia was a little miffed, but she thought it was pretty funny, and so, after a short moment, she decided to play along with her. "Well, Tia is quite certain that Lulu is speaking in third pony correctly, for now!" An opened mouthed Luna stared at her, and Celestia winked mischievously. "What? Did Lulu think that she could pull a fast one over Tia?"

"...Yes, Lulu thought she could."

"Well, Tia thinks that while Lulu made a good attempt, nothing gets by her older sister, Tia!"

Luna scowled at her before cuffing her sister. "Lulu supposes so; Tia knows Lulu too much!" A fit of giggles overtook her before she breathed out, "Third pony is fun, Tia!"

Celestia returned the cuff in good humor. "Tia supposes it is," she chirped as she cuffed her sister back; as she did so, however, an idea came to mind. "Hey, Tia has an idea!"

"Lulu wonders what that might be, Tia."

"Tia thinks that we should talk to our own courts like this!"

"Yes! That sounds like a good plan, Tia!"

So, the two went off on their on separate ways with the intent on speaking third pony to their own respective courts.

Author's Note:

I wanted some Trixie so now there's some Trixie

The nobles later on would be severely confused, and begin panicking, screaming about Nightmare Moon and Sunshine Rays (Celestia's supposed evil persona, created in some teen romance novel) banding together to take over Equestria and throw it to chaos, where Discord would then be the supreme ruler of all

Luna likes unhealthy food

PreviousChapters Next