• Published 27th Apr 2013
  • 5,631 Views, 903 Comments

Little loony Luna and crazy caffeinated Celestia's life in Canterlot - Vidhwansak



Since Luna's return from the moon, things have been a bit more hectic around Canterlot as a result.

  • ...
12
 903
 5,631

PreviousChapters Next
I hope you enjoy it, Lulu!

I hope you enjoy it, Lulu!

I can't believe I'm actually about to do something like this. I really wish Moonie could find some other way of entertaining herself that won't end up with us getting chased by a baseball-bat-wielding Lulu. "...Okay, just to make sure I heard you right and just need to get my ears checked, what did you just say?"

A bored looking Nightmare Moon rolled her eyes. "You heard me the first time, Chrys, but I'll humor you. I said, I dare you to put hot sauce in this milkshake I confiscated from a few servants. It's not that hard! We could just blame it on the servants and can pretend that we thought it was cherry syrup."

The two alicorns were located just outside of Luna's bedroom, and were in the midst of performing a prank on Luna. A very simple prank, but one that promised to have very good results all the same. However, the nature of the prank was what was concerning Chrysalis.

Chrysalis looked at the hot sauce bottle in her hooves, then at the milkshake. It was a mint vanilla milkshake, topped with a cherry and a rather large straw, which was a poor fit for the massive cup the milkshake was in. "You want me to put an entire bottle's worth of hot sauce into this milkshake? Why not just drink this milkshake meant for Lulu?"

Nightmare Moon shrugged. "I'm not feeling particularly thirsty right now, and besides, even I couldn't down this massive milkshake by myself; I don't know where Lulu puts it all. Or Tia, for that matter. There's also the chance that mother might just order another milkshake anyway, so the effort in drinking her milkshake would just be wasted and give me a stomach ache."

...Huh, she actually thought this prank out, somewhat. I have to give her credit for that. With a nod, Chrysalis broke the seal that prevented her from opening up the bottle of hot sauce. "Fine, but I'm blaming you if she realizes that we pranked her."

"Fair enough, I'll take the blame if things go bad. Now, put the hot sauce in!"

I can tell I'm going to regret this course of action soon enough, like I have with the rest of these pranks. With a pop, Chrysalis opened up the bottle of hot sauce, and poured it all over on top of the milkshake, and to a pony's eyes, they really would have thought that it was a cherry syrup topping. Chrysalis watched as the hot sauce continued to flow down onto the milkshake, covering it with its fiery red sauce. Soon, with a wheezing noise coming from the bottle, both alicorns knew that the bottle of hot sauce was finally emptied onto the milkshake.

"Alright; let's go!" With slow movements, Nightmare Moon moved up towards Luna's bedroom, not wanting to spill the milkshake on the floor. Chrysalis followed up from behind, hoping that Nightmare Moon would take the brunt of the force Luna was sure to unleash upon them. After all, they were playing a prank on Luna, who had let slip that she couldn't handle her hot sauce last night. Apparently, Nightmare Moon was going to make a prank out of it.

As Nightmare Moon reached Luna's door, she began to knock upon it. One knock. Two knocks. Luna's voice was heard before Nightmare Moon tried again for a triple knock and completing the combo. "Yes, who is that?"

Even though the door was closed, Nightmare Moon smiled innocently, knowing that first impressions were the first thing in a successful prank. "It's me, mother, with Chrys! We got a milkshake with cherry syrup topping for you! I hope you enjoy it, Lulu!"

In an instant, the door opened, and Luna grinned widely, welcoming them in. "Great! I've been dying for something sweet to drink; it's about time I got it, and delivered by you, no less!" She levitated the milkshake off from the giant serving tray that was balanced on Nightmare Moon's back, and set it down next to her desk. "I didn't ask for the cherry syrup, though. Did you put it on, Moonie?"

Chrysalis could only watch in horror as Nightmare Moon shook her head. "No! It was Chrys! I suggested it, though!"

Traitor. You said you'd take the blame! Unfortunately, Chrysalis could only wince as Luna hugged her, knowing that things were only going to get worse for her.

"Well, that's very sweet of you, the both of you! I can't wait to drink this milkshake! Literally!" With gusto, Luna grabbed the straw that was embedded in the milkshake, and promptly went to work on demolishing the massive milkshake at a speed that impressed the other two alicorns present.

What amazed Chrysalis the most, however, was the fact that Luna was showing absolutely no reaction to the hot sauce at all. She didn't even stop chugging the thing! Gently, she nudged Nightmare Moon. "Is this supposed to happen?"

With a shrug, Nightmare Moon frowned. "I'm not too sure myself. I'm wondering if I grabbed really weak hot sauce."

Well, this was one dumb prank. Can I even give it the dignity of being called a prank anymore? A sudden noise made Chrysalis switch her gaze to Luna, who happily let go of her poor, abused straw, which had just taken an entire milkshake in roughly thirty seconds.

Suddenly, Luna turned around to look at them a questioning gaze. "Ah, that milkshake has been demolished without me getting brain freeze! It also tasted like hot sauce, and not cherry syrup. Mind explaining this to me?"

Seeing that there was no point to it all anymore, Chrysalis groaned as she began to explain what happened. "It wasn't cherry syrup; Moonie here made me pour hot sauce over your milkshake since she wanted to prank you after hearing that you couldn't handle your hot sauce last night."

That seemed to satisfy Luna, and she poked at the straw in the empty milkshake container. "Ah, I see; that makes sense, I was wondering why it tasted slightly salty and not sweet."

At that, Nightmare Moon began shrieking at Luna. "S-Salty?! It just tasted salty to you?! I thought you said you couldn't hold your hot sauce!"

A perplexed Luna tilted her head slightly, wondering why she was getting shouted at. "I'm telling the truth, I really can't hold my hot sauce! Compared to Tia, anyway. She always beat me in hot sauce drinking competitions! I can only hold about a barrel of hot sauce while she can drink oceans of it!"

Chrysalis rubbed the base of her horn, trying to get rid of the headache that was beginning to hurt. "Nice going, Moonie..."

Author's Note:

Based on a true story that happened to me

Hot sauce really does look like cherry syrup topping to me

Celestia pours three bottles worth of hot sauce on her food daily

PreviousChapters Next