• Published 24th Mar 2013
  • 1,448 Views, 9 Comments

Unplanned - Alicorn



When Rainbow Dash gets an a freak accident and loses her wings, Twilight decides to help. Even if it means to lose something she loves.

  • ...
10
 9
 1,448

Loss and Hope

It was a beautiful day in Equestria. The sun was shining and the birds were singing. A flash of a rainbow trail flew by. Why, it was no other than the fastest flier in Equestria, Rainbow Dash! The cyan blue pegasus zoomed through Cloudsdale, kicking clouds here and there.

Lets see if I can pull off a Sonic Rainboom! she thought, she flew up and up and began to fly down toward the ground.

She was about to pull up but then a voice said, "RAINBOW DASH! GET BACK ON WEATHER PATROL!" Losing her concentration, Rainbow crashed into the Earth. Dots blurred her vision and her mouth was full of dirt. She could taste blood in her mouth.

"Call an ambulance!" She heard a voice say, but the voice sounded distant.

"Rainbow Dash, can you hear me?"

Barely. the pegasus thought. She tried to speak but more blood dripped from her mouth.

"RAINBOW DASH... Rainbow Dash......." The voice faded and Rainbow felt her eyes get heavy.

Then everything turned black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A headache.

That was the first thing Rainbow felt when she awoke. She grumbled a little, trying to open her eyes. She opened them partly and heard a voice.

"Sugarcube?"

Applejack. Rainbow opened her eyes halfway. She could see her friends faces looking at her worriedly.

"Hey Dashie, you okay?" Pinkie asked, giving the pegasus a small smile. Rainbow rubbed her throbbing head.

"Ug...what happened?" Rainbow asked, looking around the room. She was obviously in a hospital.

Great. My wings are probably broken again. she thought. Fluttershy spoke up.

"I was leading some ducks to the Ponyville pond when I saw you about to do a Sonic Rainboom. Then your weather patrol boss yelled at you and threw you off guard. Then you crashed and...passed out." She said.

"Well that's fantastic, and I suppose my wings are broken?" Rainbow asked, glancing at her wings. Both of them were wrapped in a cast.

"I'm afraid so, darling. But the doctors are still looking at your x-rays." Rarity said, patting the pegasus on her arm gently.

"Why do they need to look at my x-rays?" Rainbow said, tilting her head to the side.

"They said somethin' 'bout ya wings." Applejack said.

Odd... Rainbow thought.

Just then, Twilight burst into the room.

"I'm sorry I'm late! I flew here as quick as I could!" the lavender alicorn said, running toward Rainbow's side.

"Hey there, princess." Rainbow said, smirking.

Twilight rolled her eyes and said, "You know you can just call meTwi."

"Okay....Princess Twi." Rainbow said.

The five friends laughed. Twilight glared at her friends.

"Not funny..." Twilight mumbled.

As the others laughed and Twilight sat there unamused, the doctor walked in. "Rainbow-" he said, but stopped when he saw Twilight. He quickly bowed and said, "Hello, your highness."

"There is no need to bow." Twilight said, giving him a smile. The doctor smiled back and walked over to Rainbow Dash.

"I'm afraid I have bad news on your x-rays." He said. Rainbow looked confused.

"What's wrong with them?" She asked, growing worried. Her friends looked worried, too.

"When you crashed, your right wing got in the wrong angle, and your wing bone is digging into your spine. That could damage your spine very badly if your wing bone digs into your spine more. Sadly, there is no cure. If we perform a surgery, too much loss of blood is very likely. So..we have no other choice but," he explained. "we have to cut off your wings."

Rainbow sat there is silence. Applejack gasped. Rarity fainted and Fluttershy quickly went to her side. Pinkie's mane deflated. Twilight was silent, just like Rainbow Dash.

But...they can't cut off her wings. She'll never be able to be a Wonderbolt! Twilight thought. She couldn't bear to see her friend she upset.

"There has to be another way!" Twilight demanded, stomping her hoof. The doctor stood back in shock.

"I'm sorry, your highness, but there is no other cure." He said. Twilight's wings sagged in disbelief. Rainbow still sat there, not moving. Suddenly, she began to shake.

"She's going into shock! Nurse!" The doctor yelled. Nurses rushed into the room, ordering her friends out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"They cannot do this to Rainbow Dash!" Rarity fumed. "Her dream is to be a Wonderbolt! She can't be a Wonderbolt without wings!"

Twilight looked at the floor. She couldn't help but feel this was somewhat her fault. Twilight just became an alicorn, gaining wings, and now Rainbow was losing hers. It felt like Twilight was stealing Rainbow's wings for herself. A tear slipped down her cheek.

"Aww, sugarcube. Don't cry," Applejack said, giving Twilight a hug. "We'll help Rainbow through this."

If only there was only a permanent spell for wings... Twilight thought. It needed to permanent, unlike when she gave Rarity wings. An idea struck her.

"I have to see Celestia and tell her about this." Twilight said, getting up. Her friends stared at her.

"Twilight-" Fluttershy began, but the alicorn already flew out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Five hours passed, Rainbow had been in the operating room for what seemed like forever. Rarity paced the floor, Applejack and Pinkie sat on the chairs. Fluttershy sniffed quietly in the corner.

"Hello, my little ponies." an elegant voice said. They all turned to see Twilight and Princess Celestia.

"Hey, princess..." they mumbled. Celestia looked at them sadly.

"I'm sorry for your dear friend, Rainbow Dash," She said. "But Twilight here knows a spell that can help her."

All her friends looked up.

"R-really?" Fluttershy asked. The sun goddess nodded.

"I'm sure Rainbow will happy to hear that when she is out of surgery. Will it help her get wings?" Rarity asked.

"I don't know..." Twilight said. She seemed off.

The door opened to the operating room.

"You may see her." The doctor spoke, walking away with nurses following behind. The two princess and four ponies piled into the room to find a sobbing Rainbow Dash. Her wings weren't on her back, taking the wings place was stitches and a naked back.

"Aww, Rainbow. Please don't cry, darling." Rarity said, feeling as if she was going to cry to.

"I-Ill...never be a Wonderbolt. I...I will n-never be the b-b-best flier in Equestria...I'll never a-achieve my d-dream." Rainbow stuttered between sobs.

Twilight felt her heart break. She hated to see her friends cry.

Celestia walked up to Rainbow, giving her a soft nuzzle. The princess wanted to comfort the pegasus. She knew how close she was to Twilight.

"It's alright, my loyal subject. Your friend, Twilight, knows a way to help." The sun goddess said, smiling at Rainbow.

"Y-you do?!" Rainbow asked, shocked. Twilight nodded.

Celestia walked over to the lavender alicorn and whispered, "Are you sure you want to do this? Once this is done, their is no turning back."

"Yes, I'm sure princess. I want Rainbow to be happy." Twilight answered. Celestia smiled.

"You care a lot about your friend, I'm very proud of you." She said, giving Twilight a small hug. Twilight hugged back, then she stepped away.

She walked over to Rainbow's bed. Her friends and Celestia backed away, giving them some space.

Twilight's horn began to glow. Rainbow winced a little.

"It won't hurt." Twilight said, as if she was reading her friends mind. Rainbow nodded, trusting her.

Twilight's horn began to grow even brighter, Rainbow looked at the bright light coming toward her. The strange light circled around her. She looked over at Twilight, too see a circle of light around her as well. Rainbow closed her eyes, feeling the speed of the light circle around her body. It reminded her of her wings she once had. Twilight closed her eyes too. The circle grew larger around them. Soon, the circle covered their bodies.

A bright light filled the room. The princess and the four ponies shielded their eyes. As the light died down, they looked toward Twilight and Rainbow to see the circle of light get smaller and smaller.

"Rainbow, Twilight?" Applejack asked.

"Are you two alright?" Pinkie said.

As the light disappeared around them, they saw Rainbow open her eyes...and unfolded her new wings! Her friends gasped and Celestia smiled.

"Y-you got wings!" Rarity said, shocked.

Rainbow looked at her new pair of wings, they looked like her old ones.

"I...I got my wings back!" Rainbow said, she looked over at Twilight.

"I-" The cyan pegasus began, but gasped when she looked at her friend.

Twilight wasn't alicorn...she was a unicorn!

"Where are your wings?!" Rainbow asked, pointing at Twilight's back. All of her friends gasped too.

"Twilight..you're not an alicorn!" Rarity said.

"Your wings are gone!" Fluttershy said.

All of the ponies began to talk over each other in panic. Celestia stood there, trying to calm them down.

"Calm down, everypony." Twilight said. Her friends calmed down a bit, but still breathed heavily from panicking.

"I gave up my wings for Rainbow Dash." Twilight said.

"But it was your destiny! Take back these wings right now!" Rainbow demanded.

Twilight shook her head and said, "I can't. Once I did, there was no turning back."

"But...Twilight...it was your destiny..to be an alicorn princess." Rainbow said, staring at the lavender unicorn.

"My destiny was to be a princess. I still am, just not an alicorn." Twilight said. "Besides, I know how much it means for you to become a Wonderbolt. I couldn't stand to see you so upset because... your my friend. And I care about you and your dreams." Rainbow felt tears fall down her cheeks. They weren't tears of sadness, they were tears of joy.

"Oh, thank you thank you thank you!" Rainbow repeated, hugging Twilight. Twilight hugged her back. Pinkie grabbed a tissue and cried.

"THIS IS TOO CUTE!" the pink pony said, blowing her nose into the tissue.

The ponies laughed, even Clestia.

"I owe you a lot." Rainbow said to Twilight as the laughing died down.

"You know it." the unicorn said.

"You're a great friend." The pegasus said.

"Yeah, now don't go flying around and damaging your new wings!" Twilight said.

The ponies laughed once more.

Author's Note:

I didn't know how to end it, so I know the ending is pretty dumb. I didn't know how to end it! I hope you enjoyed though. This took me two hours to write xD

And sorry if I have grammar errors.

Comments ( 9 )

The premise is sound, albeit unoriginal, but everything moves way too fast. If you reigned in the pacing and added more detail, this would be great. As it is, though, it reads more like an outline than an actual story.

I agree with Pinkie. TOO CUTE. And sad.
Oh yeah, and

Clestia

Celestia.

SWEETIE BELLE: awwwww... that was such a sweet story
I quoted her in the Cutie Mark Chronicles

A Great Idea that I feel wasn't used to its full potential. I would love to see you revise this and add in a bit more detail. You do that and you will have a masterpiece on your hands. at this point it is good but also disappointing.

I know ! The most unexpected end ever !
"then Hitler ( pt. Godwyn woo hoo ! ) appeared by an dimensional vortex, and drop a nuclear bomb wich destroyed all Equestria. And everyone happilly died for ever ! The end"
:3

Not bad at all. :twilightsmile:
But who is Clestis?:rainbowhuh:

The ponies laughed, even Clestia.

Login or register to comment